IMDb > Royal Rumble (2013) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Royal Rumble (TV) More at IMDbPro »

The ayatollah of rock and rolla returns. Punk's reign ends.

Author: The_Riddler_1948
26 January 2014

Okay. The 26th Annual Royal Rumble event was exceedingly brilliant. Seriously, it had some amazing moments and one of them was included in my title. Well, it was the good one of the title. The Ayatollah of rock and rolla, the millennium man, Y2J returned as entry No. #2 in the Royal Rumble match. This made the entire event incredible and electrifying. This was a helluva return and it made me so happy knowing he had returned. He lasted a good length of time in the Royal Rumble match, until he gets eliminated by Dolph Ziggler. The sad yet great thing and conclusion the event was the Cm Punk/Rock match. The rivalry was gold and there were some great,(some better than others) moments during their Royal Rumble match. The sad thing was that, although Cm Punk won the match, and would retain the Championship, Mr. McMahon came out and said that he did say if there was an interference by the Shield- Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns, that he would strip him from title, but what happened was the match restarted. The Rock wanted the match to restart instead of been declared new Champion. Eventually, and after all, with a very powerful and strong 'People's elbow', the Rock became the WWE Champion. He defeated Punk. That's when Punk's 434 day as Champion reign was officially over. I enjoyed the match and would rate it a solid 9.5/10. The Rumble match in which Cena won for the 2nd time, (he won the 2008 one too), was great and is my 6th favourite actual Rumble match and I'd rate it a strong 8.5/10. The last man standing match between Big Show and World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio was great and I'd give it an 8/10. Cheating to win, but in an aWWEsomely cool way. Using tape. Well, with the help of Ricardo Rodriguez. The 'Team Hell No' and 'Team Rhodes Scholars' match was exciting as I am a huge fan of Kane and Daniel Bryan too, and In love Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes too, so that's why I give this match an 8.5/9 out of 10. Overall, an amazing WWE event full of shock and awe, excitement and electrifying moments. I loved it so much.

Rumble On WWE!

Author: Sahil Bhatia from India
28 January 2013

OK, i started watching with the pre-show which was kinda average. 6/10

The first match involving Alberto Del Rio and The Big Show was a last man standing match which made me recount a match of Cena and Batista with the same stipulation. It was still good. 7/10

Moving Onto Team Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars, for how long have we seen these teams battle each other....Some high flying moves, good decent action. 7/10

Next comes the main event : The 30-man rumble match. Started off by Ziggler and the winner though did not amuse me, the actions, the returns, the acrobatic moves made up my day. 9/10

Final main event was almost for 30mins with a strict stipulation that if The Shield interfered, Punk would be stripped of the title had an appearance by Mr. Mcmahon. Best match of the show. Went back and forth. Overall 9/10.

Overall this was a great start to 2013 by WWE!