IMDb > Anthony Clark: Ambiguous (2012) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Anthony Clark: Ambiguous (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A late return of an underrated comic and surprisingly offbeat form

Author: Steve Pulaski from United States
17 July 2013

I'm not positive what "ambiguous" is supposed to mean in Anthony Clark's debut comedy special as Clark is a very straight-forward, albeit kind of awkward screen presence. Clark, who appeared frequently on Ellen years back and starred on the sitcom Yes, Dear for six years, finally returns to the stage in a comedy special that was asked for by me and probably only me. Ever since Yes, Dear ended in 2006 there has been a stunning lack of Clark appearances in the public eye and, finally, we at least have something from the obscure man himself. In the special, he talks in a shockingly disjointed manner, jumping from one topic to another without keeping much cohesion. Not to mention, he always seems to be on the verge of busting a gut or breaking down in tears - kinda like the Mona Lisa. And yet, I laughed a lot. Much of Clark's humor is drawn from the kind of odd humor that is quite serviceable for a passing moment in time. Clark recalls the time a man from Dublin asked him after a concert, "who you tell anyone if you woke up with grass-stains on your knees and a condom in your butt?" "No," a hesitant Clark replied. "Then, would you like to go camping?," the man states. It's that kind of humor that will keep Clark at least noticeable in the field of comedy. Let's just hope we don't have to wait another seven years before the man turns up again.

Starring: Anthony Clark. Directed by: Scott L. Montoya.