IMDb > "Dexter" This Little Piggy (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Dexter: This Little Piggy (#8.5)"

"Dexter" This Little Piggy (2013)

« Prev | 89 of 96 Episodes | Next »

It's time for FAMILY

Author: Nika Gigashvili (www.running-reel.com)
29 July 2013

Last week's episode Scar Tissue ended with a scene where Debra saves Dexter after car accident she wanted to kill brother in. New episode This Little Piggy opens with them sitting in Dr. Vogel's room trying to speak about what happened the other day. This talk takes only couple of minutes but explored many levels of serial killer's character. It seems like Dex is trying to prove that Vogel was wrong about him, that his feelings are real and especially those about sister.

This Little Piggy more concentrates on killer Morgan and doctor are chasing. Things get complicated there after A.J. learns that Evelyn is sending someone after him. He makes a final visit to woman who has been torturing him for many years.

Debra has changed. She is not freaking anymore when Dexter or Vogel are around her, she is calm and understanding. At first it does not look like a natural thing at all, it's actually weird. But this episode really convinces any viewer that Deb is now OK with brother's "dark passenger". But I'd not be that sure. It is too easy and too cheesy. I really believe that Debra is preparing for plan B and by being helpful to brother she hides it perfectly.

We also learn some new things about doctor's past. Clearly the reason for killings is somehow Vogel herself, despite that she did not turn A.J. into a serial killer. However it's obvious that her experiments where more then just curing.

This Little Piggy also gives a look at Masuka and his newly emerged daughter. We can see how being a father is changing him, but there is something he feels to be no OK and for this reason decides to do a background check on Nikki.

To me, this is a good episode for some reasons. First, it gives a great dramatic look to almost every major character of this season and we explore them even more better: Dex, Deb, Vogel, Masuka, Quinn. Second, it had some heart pumping moments with Morgans which really worked very very good. And finally, the ending of episode... oh, you have just to see it.

Being with Family

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3 August 2014

Dexter and Debra go on therapy together with Dr. Vogel. Dexter is hurt and does not want to talk to Debra. Meanwhile there is a dispute between Quinn and Miller for the sergeant position. When a young woman is murdered and the prime suspect is Ed Hamilton, Matthews tells that the influent Hamilton family is friend of the Miami Metro and presses Quinn to be careful in his investigation. When Quinn and Miller find a witness that puts Zach in the crime scene, they inform the station and the witness is bribed and does not confirm in the police station. Dexter suspects of Hamilton's son Zach. Masuka asks Debra to check Niki. Meanwhile Yates kidnaps Dr. Vogel and Debra teams up with Dexter to seek her out. Dexter and Debra locate where Yates and Dr. Vogel are. Will they arrive in time to save her?

In "This Little Piggy", Debra and Dexter seem that they have resolved their issues and work together to save Dr. Vogel. Nikki seems to be interested in Masuka's money. Now it seems that a new serial-killer will stumble with Dexter and it seems to be Zach. My vote is eight.

Title (Brazil): "Este Porquinho" ("This Little Piggy")

Best Heart Pumping Episode So Far!!

Author: mrxelement from United States
28 July 2013

"This Little Piggy"- Here we see Dexter and Deb in Dr. Vogel house in a awkward situation after Debs raging stunt. Dexter has this rage in him we never saw confronting Deb of what she did. It surpasses of how we see Dexter's human side which is a fun to watch making us say "whoa!". This is episode is indeed one of the best episodes of Season 8. A major cat and mouse game episode with the "Brain Surgeon" exciting the tension of what's gonna happen next.

We have some great Masuka scenes which involves her new "daughter" Nikki. Then we have Quinn of course being Quinn but, seems to really want to make a huge change for himself. Deb on the other hand is slowly regaining her though process back together. Vogel is cool as ever! As for Dexter, we see Dexter do his Dexter thing.

"I Just Wanted to be With Family"

Author: jon-stokes21-539-17875 from Tempe Arizona
4 August 2013

It is episodes like this that make me disappointing these are the last new episodes of Dexter we will ever see, it was absolutely phenomenal! It appears the writers have a lot of story they want to tell in this final season which is great for the fans because I get the impression there is little to no part of the last few episodes that appear to be filler material, everything seems to have some sort of importance as the end game slowly reveals itself along with the fate of Dexter.

This particular episode is not only answers a lot of questions but it also unveils a whole set of new ones especially when it comes to the direction Deb is going in. Jennifer Carpenters performances in this series have been brilliant and because of her diverse acting it makes makes the possibilities for her character endless because the writers aren't restrained by her ability. I and I'm sure everyone else is asking themselves if Deb has let go of her set of politically correct morals that she held on so tightly too growing up as a daughter of a police officer? Or will this dark path lead her to some sort of realization that she is the one who has to stop Dexter?

It's All in the Family

Author: Catherine Giordano (talksallabout@gmail.com) from Orlando, FL
30 July 2013

Showtime's Dexter #804 aired on July 26, 2013 was all about family. It begins with Dexter and Debra sitting with Dr. Vogel for some family therapy.

So Debra and Dexter are back together as a brother-sister vigilante team. This is "the- "family-that-kills-together-stays-together" moment of the show. At the end of the episode, we see Dexter Debra and Vogel on Dexter's boat as Dexter dumps Dexter's body into the bay. They talk about how beautiful it is out at night on the boat under the stars. Just one little happy family.

"Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." is the first line of Tolstoy's Anna Karenia." It seems we have some unhappy families here. And I haven't even spoken about Vogel, kinda sorta adopting Dexter and Debra as her children. I have some serious suspicions about Vogel. Is she the "Brain Surgeon?" Remember the brain-surgeon killings are done by a puppet master. Yates was not the brain surgeon—it is not his M.O. Is Dr. Vogel using some of her little family of psycho ex-patients to kill? And why? This is an excerpt from the full review on my blogspt blog: Premium Cable Reviews.

This Little Piggy

Author: Vishesh Phadke from Lucknow, India
28 July 2013

Episode opens up with Dexter and Debra at Vogel's house with Dexter deeply disappointed and hurt by Debra's act of trying to kill both of them and later saving him instead. Miami Metro eventually gets to know about Yates through Janet Thorton and they reach his house to investigate and find Yates' hidden secrets. Quinn investigates into the Norma Rivera murder and gets to know that she had an affair with her boss, Ed Hamilton. He gets a court order to get a DNA swab off him but instead Hamilton reveals himself that he had been sexually involved with Ms. Rivera. Dexter finds something unusual in Hamilton's son. Deputy Mathews sits hard on Quinn to avoid being too much inquisitive regarding Hamilton and he also tells him that he could lose his Sergeant opportunity if he did so. Vogel is taken away by Yates, and Debra and Dexter try to locate her through the safe houses of all of Yates' victims. They together proceed in a search to find and rescue her from Yates. Meanwhile, we get to see some Masuka scenes i.e. his daughter Niki starts to approach him and makes him feel her interest in his money in their first meeting post last episode. Masuka requests Debra's agency to get a background check on Niki. Dexter and Debra locate and rescue Vogel at the episode's end.