IMDb > Krampus: The Christmas Devil (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Krampus: The Christmas Devil More at IMDbPro »

Better than ELVES ('89) and That's not being naughty !

Author: Chris Mackey (guestar57) from United States
7 October 2013

Stars : Bill Oberst,Jr. and Rich Goteri. Written & Directed by : Jason Hull. Have to digress abit,In the '90s critiqued a video ( VHS ) ELVES which starred Dan Haggerty as Santa vs Nazi Xmas Elves.Watched it every Christmas after till tape broke,KRAMPUS has given us a new viewing tradition for next annual ritual . So, We don't want to do spoilers and such, But,Santa is in Krampus along with the demon himself. Actually well told script has a cop who was on Naughty List and grew out of it. Lots of violence and cool deaths,Is that a oxymoron statement ? Winter equals snow and locale adds lots to look of film. This has all the makings of a cult film,Would build a better poster and maybe push the great soundtrack.

Ahhh yes, Christmas; a time of good cheer and family gatherings, lots of laughter, presents and Christmas carols.

Author: Debi Blount from United States
12 September 2013

Now, we've all heard of Santa's "Naughty List", right? Well, we're not talking about getting a lump of coal in the old Christmas stocking; nope, no way…if you're on Santa's naughty list, it goes to Santa's brother, Krampus, and he's one helluva nasty dude. Oh, you didn't know Santa had a brother? Thought you already knew everything about Santa Claus? Well, you're in for a real treat; this delightfully nasty film will fill you in on some tidbits about Ole Saint Nick that you never dreamed of!

Jeremy Duffin, (who we first meet as a small boy) has been naughty, and well, needs to be punished. Only somehow he manages to survive the wrath of Krampus. Fast forward to adult Jeremy, who has become a cop and is now devoting his life and career to find out why children are going missing, especially at this usually bright and festive time of year. That along with nightmares from his own abduction, which continue to haunt him even now, spin this deliciously dark cautionary tale. I found it to be a very unique and wicked story-line; oh and somebody really did their research - turns out there is such a thing as Ole Krampus. I also LOVED the old artwork at the beginning, which is an excellent lead-in to this rather "evil" little film.

Wonderful directing, writing and awesome music along with great cinematography round out this nice holiday horror treasure, along with some great performances – A.J. Leslie does a fantastic job as our hero, portraying a wide range of troubled emotions throughout, and then there's Scream King Bill Oberst Jr. who does an outstanding job as a very, very nasty dude; Brian Hatt, who has just been released from prison and along with enjoying freshly baked cookies (got milk?), wants some payback. Trouble is, Krampus also wants some payback. Which one will win? Ah, but you'll need to see the film in order to find that one out.

Seems you're never too old to be on Santa's Naughty or Nice List; and if you happen to be on the Naughty one…well, there is indeed Hell to pay. I invite you all to stand in line for this dark holiday movie!