IMDb > Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Nice comedy cum thriller!

Author: Raghavan Santhanam from NYC US
19 January 2013

Nice entertaining movie with a difference.

It's very difficult to weave a 1-2 hours story with just a small topic. But, the story writer and the director have proved it's damn easy with their amazing work. Mainly due to occasional seasoning by the friends of the hero in the movie, the movie seems fun-filled.

The movie effortlessly impressed me due to the natural acting by the friends of the hero in the movie. Way to go! NKPK team: Thanks for the fun. All the best for the future! :)

On the whole, a must watch! :)

Cheers, Raghavan Santhanam

New to Kollywood and foundation for future of Tamil cinema

Author: Reno Rangan from Somewhere in the Cosmos
29 January 2013

'The Vow' meets 'The Hangover'

Actually it was based on a true incident which happened back in the 90s. Brilliant movie, never thought a Tamil movie can have a market for theme elements like it, I mean the movie had no songs especially duets in foreign locations, no known actors or a director and missing usual commercial masalas that we usually see in a Tamil movie. It all starts with a single sequence of comedy theme and takes to a couple of situations.

I had an awesome time with this non-stop fun, especially expressions were simply great, everyone was good, Vijay Sethupathi had a great last year (20012) with back to back hits, just like 'Pizza' he excelled in his part, hope he continues his good work. I had lots of 'Laughing Out Loud's during a marriage reception scene.

Hope many movies like it make on his way in the future. It is one of a top Tamil movie from the year 2012. Recommended, don't miss it especially if you know the language you will have wonderful time just like I had.

Ultimate Movie!!!

Author: citruz-murugan from Chennai, India
4 February 2013

This movie belong to one of those super cool movies. Love to see such beautiful themes in Tamil. Happy that we are getting rid of those awful rituals like Foreign songs and punch dialogs. Love everything about this Movie: Story, Screenplay, Actors...everything!!! Most of the Actors seem new and they have done a great job. Such a realistic acting. This movie can be remade in any other language, it has such a potential. Hats off to the Director. Indeed should appreciate the producer who chose such a off beat theme.Love to see more movies like this in future with off beat themes. Please don't miss this movie and please watch this with your friends.

The best comedy thriller

Author: Mahendra Babu Rajendran from Chennai
9 July 2013

Four Friends. A road-side cricket match that turns the hero's life upside down, and there starts the comedy-thriller roller coaster. No Big Stars. No Punch Dialogues. No Songs. No Foreign Locations. Just one single dialogue is repeated again and again (almost more than 18 times) through out the movie. But every time when you hear it you feel different emotions, as it differs by location, presentation, BGM, context, etc. There more such situations in the movie, which you will keep remembering and burst out to laughter. A full-length comedy thriller. The Best Thamil Movie in the year 2012. A fresh movie from a fresh team. Expecting more such kind of Thamil movies in future.

wow

Author: barathrajamani from bangalore
4 July 2013

crisp, clear and making a thin story watchable and entertaining.... that's the movie all about. the casting has been done in such a way to suit the character and play it. the story being part of a original person's life story is amazing. moreover few comedy scenes stand out. the hero character's depiction of memory loss and repeating the same dialogues is highlight in the movie. it is a good entertainer.. there could have been more depth in the background music but i think the director wanted to keep it simple. watch it with family, friend and relatives, again and again and again. All i can say is "ppppppaaaaaaa super movie".

One of the best in Tamil

Author: Jayanthan Ravi from India
10 December 2013

I watch films of all genres. I watch films in many languages, with the aid of subtitles for those in tongues that I am not fluent in. And so it's really not easy for a film to satisfy me. Though I can thoroughly enjoy a mindless commercial potboiler, when it comes to serious/art house films, they should be of really good quality to satisfy me. Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom (NKPK) is one such film that had me hooked till the end and I had no major complaints at the end of it. It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a Tamil film to this extent.

The movie has a thin premise, but a thrilling one. The film has a time line of 2-3 days and hence the locales and costumes are few. The story revolves around a certain 'Incident' and its aftermath that affects the lives of a group of friends. How the friends manage to manage through the crisis is the crux of the film. This could have been made as a serious film or a full length comedy, but the film makers tread the middle path with excellent results. There are no mindless jokes and forced situations to evoke laughter. The characters are genuine and the comedy too is subtle and stays with the film. I do not want to divulge more and spoil the experience for the readers who are yet to watch this film.

The whole crew of Actors, Director, and Writers has done a commendable job. The film is said to be inspired by the incident that occurred in the life of the film's Cinematographer (Premkumar) and one of the friend's depicted on screen is actually the film's Director (Balaji Tharaneetharan). One of the real-life friends, Bhagavathi, plays himself on the screen and is a treat to watch. There are no conventional songs in the film and the background music is sufficient and apt. I felt the film could have done better with some crisp editing in the last 30 minutes. Though the production values appeared to be not so high, I think it was in line with the films context and atmosphere.

I would urge all those who like to watch good cinema to watch Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom. It's a comedy thriller and will leave you with the satisfaction of having watched a good film

What a movie!! Wish all movies take a CUE from this one.....

Author: BalticRustic from USA
30 March 2015

Clean comedy.....No unnecessary stuff throughout the whole movie. 5+ points for that alone!! I'm even willing to give the movie a 20 on 10.....The story, the cast, the performance, direction, screenplay etc. - a class apart. I thought the friend who played Vijay Sethupathi's friend (Bugs) was an actor!! The actual SHOCK came in the very end when I came to know that the movie was based on a real life story & the character Bugs played himself!!!!! Hats off!! Vijay Sethupathi, as usual, shines in histrionics, so do the rest. His character, being repetitive-dialogue-prone, still did not make me feel bored. Both his friends'(SARAS & Bhaji) facial expressions are what other "stars" should try to imbibe.

After a VERY LONG time, I had a VERY HEARTY laughter a lot of times through the movie (after ANBE SIVAM, I guess). I could not even press the PAUSE button for a moment. I watched on TV via paid subscription service. Very gripping right through the end. How the "story" spans an entire 2+ hours on a thin thread of temporary memory loss of just a few days, without making the viewers batting an eyelid is a revelation. How the story was handled without deviating over to any unnecessary / unwarranted stunts should be applauded. Actually, I was in a dilemma in some of the scenes whether to feel sympathetic about the character PREM or laugh at the rollicking fun that is a part & parcel of the situations that unfurl when one loses memory temporarily. TAKE A BOW & more, Balaji & the whole CREW !!!!!!!!!