IMDb > Traumland (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Traumland More at IMDbPro »

Alienation Swiss Style

Author: Michael Wehle from San Francisco, United States
11 October 2014

Very solid work by Petra Volpe reminded me of Ulrich Seidl and Barbara Albert's reflections on anomie in Austria. After the showing which I attended Q & A with Volpe and Judith Kaufmann focused on Swiss prostitution and the plight of women, but I saw Traumland as much more about alienation, as is borne out by the lack of functional intimate relationships between anyone at all within the film.

A strong piece, which while frequently gritty and unsettling also contains a pleasant range of emotions, including frequent humor. The closing scene was perhaps a bit lazy to my mind. I look forward to more films from Volpe.

Immersive movie with the potential to change swiss society

Author: mobilepetit from Bern, Switzerland
28 February 2014

Heavily shocking. The Audience in our movie stayed for minutes quiet after the ending. No one did even a move. I felt that what I just saw happens right outside my doorstep. And it does. In one of the most prosperous countries of the world. Swiss movies do normally not reach this level of perfection, there's always something awkward, mediocre actors, wooden dialogs, simple story's or whatnot. This movie does everything right. Luna Zimic Mijovic plays brilliantly as the 18 year old prostitute Mia who centers and links all the involved people in this story. The other actors do a solid job, but are pale in comparison. They become more contoured versus the end of the film,where they contribute to Mias downfall. The movie pulls you right in and never fails to keep you interested. Although the ending is predictable, it hits you like a train. Not for the feeble minded.