"How I Met Your Mother: The Final Page: Part Two (#8.12)"

"How I Met Your Mother" The Final Page: Part Two (2012)

« Prev | 172 of 208 Episodes | Next »

The Game Changer.

Author: jimmykim9001
21 December 2012

I always felt that season 8 was going downhill. It seemed all too slow, and the jokes were starting to degrade. But this was a game changer. This changed everything. For one, I was thinking about how we all know that Barney was going to end up with Robin, and how they might make it exciting for us, and I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. I loved how everything came together, and how it referred back to older episodes. It definitely appealed to my emotional side (music helped. Great song decision btw), and it was a nice and surprising way to make a known outcome surprising and fun.

In my opinion, this was one of the best episodes they made. It refers back to old episodes, and I have to rate this 10 out of 10. I will definitely be looking out for the next episode to see where they go with this story.

Perfect mid season finale!

Author: RachelC_9 from United Kingdom
5 January 2013

As a huge fan of How I Met Your Mother, I hate to say that I have been incredibly disappointed throughout the whole of season 8.

For every episode in this season, the plot seemed to be messy and rushed, the jokes were sloppy and I was overall left confused after each episode with no idea as to where this season was heading. That was until the mid season finale. Everything comes together in this episode, and all the confusing plot lines from previous episodes now make total sense, and I was personally left stunned by this beautifully executed episode.

It is clear that this season up until now was mainly about Robin and Barney, and the writers have done a brilliant job in this season to show us where their future is headed. As well as this, this episode provides closure for Ted, who can now move on and continue with the search for the true love of his life.

All in all, this is one of the best How I Met You Mother episodes I have seen, and I'm so glad that I persevered with this season to see it all come together in this 2 part episode.

Maybe not the funniest episode, but without doubt the most emotional

Author: jimmy-noetzel from United States
6 January 2013

For awhile I felt like the 8th season wasn't bad, but wasn't the greatest either. I always love to see how they show the outcome and then have something unexpected happen and have the writers find their way to get around it. I now feel like the robin + barney plot line is the best in my opinion seeing how they overcome their faults. The ending with the last page of the playbook was simply AMAZING. It really let Barney's character shine as not only a wise cracking player, but a heartfelt lover. The caliber of the writing on this really astounded me for being a mid-season finale, I was almost certain that this was a season finale until I looked. Defiantly check this episode out, undeniably one of my absolute favorite episodes, if not my favorite.

One of the best episodes ever

Author: swizzmaster
30 March 2013

If you don't like this episode then you're stupid. This is one of the best HIMYM episodes ever produced. The emotion in this episode tops any so far and it is such a feel-good moment to see the breakthrough that Barney makes into realizing that he wants to spend the rest of his life with one single woman and put his previous life behind him, helping him discover that it doesn't take being with multiple women to make him happy, it just takes one very special one. Robin is clearly the one to make him realize that by being one of the only people who can actually keep Barney in line and make him reflect on his life and actions. Barney also shows the love he has for his friends by finding a way to get Ted's approval to propose and subsequently marry his ex-girlfriend who everyone thought he would never be able to let go of. Barney is a complex character portrayed perfectly by Mr. Neil Patrick Harris and his character development is only furthered by an outstanding cast. I can watch this countless times and never get tired of it. I'll be lucky if I can ever find a girl I love enough to go to these lengths to win over.

The Final Page: Part Two (#8.12)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
6 August 2015

Ah that was beautiful! It is not the funniest episode. But the best proposal I can think of on TV. The last page of the playbook, this is kind of poetic. I was suspecting when Barney started dating Patrice that something is going on, but I was still loving it! So happy he is back with Robin! Guess now they will be staying since the wedding has to happen, and it is good.

I just don't get why Barney had to do it on the day Ted's building was open, one would think he would go and see that if it is his best bro. But this is a small detail that doesn't matter that much, just for some reason caught my attention. Still, loved it. Barney and Robin 4ever!

I Really Enjoyed This Episode

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
15 February 2015

Despite not appearing till the end of the episode, Neil Patrick Harris still dominates and is largely to thank for the episode being so good.

Plot In A Paragraph: Sworn to secrecy over Barney's plan to propose to Patrice, Ted decides to ask Robin to be his date at the grand opening of the GNB building (That inexplicably Barney was not attending) whilst Marshall and Lily are having their first night away from baby Marvin Jr.

One of the better episodes of the season, and a lovely ending (if not sad for Ted, who clearly still wants to be with Robin) hopefully this will lead towards the wedding (where Ted finally meets the mother) in the season finale.

surprise, surprise !!

Author: pulioliver from Serbia
18 December 2012

fun and a bit different than what we are used to in how i met your mother .but as the season 8 is moving ahead, things are developing too fast in this TV show i can say just few words about this episode: surprising, fast, too fictional ( in way how all things are magically explain at end)\ all in all, surprise and so-so episode i saw much better. so before u watch it, don't have so big expectations. yes after this u can really wonder what will happen next, but also u just stop, and think : what now? why this happened and why in this, lets say harshly, stupid way.OK, screen players are trying to short a bit this how i met your mother saga,but in some episodes, things are really moving too slow, and now, out of blew,everything happens in just one episode.