IMDb > The Muppets All-Star Comedy Gala (2012) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Muppets All-Star Comedy Gala (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A Great Family Special, Christmas themes

Author: Dan Kyle from Victoria, BC
3 January 2014

Originally aired on Christmas Eve, 2012, this Muppets 90 minute Special takes place at the Just For Laughs venue in Montreal. It shares some concept with the recent (2011) Muppets movie with Jason Segal in that Kermit hosts several acts, mostly Canadian comedians, and is in the style of the old Muppet Show as well. The highlight for me is Wawa, Ontario born Pete Zedlacher, whose set kept me in hysterics. I have watched this show 3 times just for his performance. There are several other notable comedians as well, including well-know Canadian Steve Patterson. Many of these performers tour with Just For Laughs across the country from time to time, but this TV special is Free, and you can see it at home! I strongly recommend this 90 minutes of great Family entertainment to all - whether you are from the Great White North or not (some of the cultural or other domestic references may go over your head though). The Muppets themselves are also ALWAYS welcome in my home - the 70's era program was the best television show of all time!