Over 700 extras were used in the wedding scene outside Stanford Hall, Lutterworth, Leicestershire in October 2012. An advert in the local paper Leicester Mercury and on its website asked for locals to sign up for extras on YPD2 - Sany Supra (UK Casting Coordinator) was interviewed for this article to make aware and spread the word to local communities, as well as cast for main dancers for the sequence. There was over 800 people that applied but it was on a first come first serve basis.
80% of the movie shoot was completed in England during 2012. In January 2013 the remaining 20% of filming was due to be shot in Banaras & Varanasi in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Director Sangeeth Sivan became fascinated with the beauty of Mandav and Maheshwar in the state of Madhya Pradesh, so the location was changed to this part of India. The first movie had also been shot in the same state.
A large-budget song and an action sequence was filmed at Gatecrasher Night Club in Birmingham. The entire star cast were present for the shoot. The club was hired out for around a month . Professional Dancers and International Stunt performers were called upon. Dancers were contracted by YPD2 and included talent from all over the country. As credited, Jehanzeb Jay Khan was involved in this sequence.
The setting of Surrey Street in the movie was actually shot on Macdonald Road, North Leicester. However there is actually a Surrey Street that does exist in the same area in Leicester but no filming took place on that actual street.
Asin was first offered the female lead, the actress was unable to the film due to scheduling conflicts. Then the director and production team cast Neha Sharma after seeing her in Kya Super Kool Hain Hum.