IMDb > "Sirens" (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Sirens"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Sirens" More at IMDbPro »

Good enough and somehow different!

Author: Dr_Sagan from the Edge of the Cosmos
4 April 2014

I am on the 6th episode and I'm writing this review because ...there aren't so many in IMDb! Why is that? Well, I guess the show isn't popular. But it should be!

This is a well casted comedy series about a station of paramedics and the quirky situations they encounter, in their job and in their personal lives.

The humor has many references about sex. Sometimes over the top, but still enjoyable. Even the characters are somehow "special" in that department. You have the big black man who is gay (similar to Brooklyn 9-9), the girl who is asexual and into some other weird stuff, and ...you get my meaning.

Obviously, because the show is about a group of people that deal with medical emergencies, you can expect lots of weird "physical" humor too.

Now that Brooklyn 9-9 became too far-fetched (and somehow boring and repetitive), Sirens is my new favorite comedy.

Overall: Recommended.

Anytime you see someone put a 1 or 10 rating you know

Author: jbowles639 from USA
14 March 2014

One or ten ratings usually indicate the person has a personal complaint with the show. Either an actor, director or even the network offends them and they are making their great mark in the world because they have an opinion, never taking into consideration the work that goes into something nor thinking how others may see the program.

That being said I gave it an 8 (eight). It probably deserves a 6 on my normal scale or a 6.5 but I liked it and so did my wife. It put me in mind of the beginnings of the old Scrubs series. Very fast pace, comic timing and witty.

Usually there are one or two characters you don't like but so far they have been excellently cast. Whether it lasts long I don't know. Looks like the series was tried in 2011 for six episodes and I have never seen those.

This is a modern look at everyday life comical moments and the way they are dealt with or made fun of and we enjoyed it.

The main problem with the show is it's over before you know it.

I think this show is awesome!

Author: cedezisthesweetest
12 April 2014

It's not Boring or repetitive, it's fresh and makes me feel like I am watching psych and I love how funny it is and it doesn't seem far-fetched at all!

The character development is amazing, when I watched other shows..I couldn't get a feel on the characters but I do for these characters like Hank!

it has become my favorite comedy on TV right now.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

people should really get into this show, USA is going great from this show and I can not wait for playing house!

I like it

Author: darlenefagina from United States
21 March 2014

I think what you need to know right off the bat is that this comes from (the great) Denis Leary, assisted by the writer of, among other things, the movie Wedding Crashers. They may not be your cup of tea.

Vulgar? Yes. Crude? Yes. Naughty? Oh, yes. They are riding a fine line of what can be done on cable TV (on USA, not HBO, etc) and what's just Too Far. I find myself laughing out loud at this when I'm alone. I'm pleasantly surprised at the writing and fast-paced dialogue laced with pop-culture references. The three lead male actors have excellent chemistry.

Give it a try. If you can, start from the pilot and move on. USA probably has them all available for online viewing. I was glad I started watching.

Damn Shame, Screw You Network Execs. (There, no Goddamn shouting)

Author: jimel98 from United States
20 June 2015

This show was not perfect, but it was funny. It had some great moments and was pretty consistent in it's level of quality. No, I didn't rush to review this early on, I honestly thought the suits would give it a fair run. They did not. I have had have very little respect for TV executives over the year and every now and then, they prove that my contempt for them is justified. They are scum.

OK, my rant is over. Bottom line however, I don't know how these folks get their jobs, but I hate them. Sure, many GREAT shows have made it, even some simply GOOD. But way too many GOOD shows have been dumped because the greedy filth don't see enough profit soon enough. We all know how close "Seinfeld" came to being cancelled. 'Nuff said. It actually survived and went on to become one of THE classic comedies of all time. How sad more shows, like "SIRENS" aren't given that chance.

Well, dirtbags will always have the final say. Until they end up as dirt themselves, but that always takes so damn long, and there's always plenty of dirt to take their place.

"Star Trek" anyone?

Best Show

Author: carce-72100 from United States
16 April 2016

Hope Netflix can pick this up and have them make more episodes just found out about the show on Netflix and watched both seasons and honestly this show is packed with the funniest lines I've ever heard and 10/10 is an absolute great f****n show! Hope Someone can see this review and make the show come back I don't know about everyone else but this show is just really funny and the actors who come out our excellent, really hope this show can make a comeback I and the rest of the sirens fans need assistance !!!

Ambulance 14 responding - The Life Alert Of The Fans Have Turned On We Need You To Come Back..

WTH? Where the hell did they go?

Author: BabsbytheBeach from Los Angeles, CA, United States
5 May 2016

My DVR is empty, EMPTY because the figgin overpaid, low-IQ Hollywood suits, yet again, cancels a show with a great cast and scripts. I didn't write a review because I didn't think it needed one other than me giving it 9 stars during its first season.

This show was a breath of fresh air. I loved Hank, Johnny, and Brian. And the supporting cast from Johnny's and Teresa's parents, Hank's boyfriends, Brian's asexual non-girlfriend Voodoo, and the other EMTs, they had chemistry. I mean, hell, Brian's gifts to V were classic! These characters cracked jokes that you know everyone has thought at one time but didn't have the ya'ya's to say.

Damn I am so mad. I hate you Execs.

I'm going to binge on _Suits_, again.

Pretty Good

Author: Carson Downer from United States
7 February 2016

As a young college student, I spend a lot of time on Netflix procrastinating. There has been many nights where I caught myself blowing off an assignment just because I was glued to what ever I was watching. Even if I am doing homework, I still have something playing in the background. When watching a show there has to be certain requirements for me to blow off an assignment for; it has to have chemistry among the cast, raunchiness, consistency, characters I can relate with, and entertaining stories. With the show Sirens, I find myself glued to whichever screen I am using.

CHEMISTRY AMONG CAST Kevin Daniels, Hank, and Michael Mosley, Tommy, make a hilarious duo, and Kevin Bigley as Brian, is the perfect actor to play an awkward man-child. Those three provide some incredibly entertaining material when they are together. RAUNCHINESS As a show that brings out the lighter side of being and EMT, this is not for the faint of heart. Foul language, things being stuck in people's butts, and gore are all things that are in this show, and each situation is made hilarious.

CONSISTENCY Every time that I start playing this show I know that I am going have at least three or four howling laughs before and episode ends. Each episode has it's own situation that the group is put into and it is guaranteed to be hilarious.

CHARACTERS YOU CAN RELATE WITH Each one of the characters you can relate with. Whether it's Brian's naive nature, Hank's common-sense, or Tommy's romanticism, you will find some part of each character you can relate with.

STORIES As I have stated before, this show provides many unique stories and each will have you laughing in the end. Sometimes you even catch a little bit of the feels when you suddenly feel something pull on your heart strings when something affects one of the characters,

A hilarious comedy that shouldn't have been cancelled

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
2 November 2015

Out of all the shows that have been recently cancelled, that I actually watch, this is definitely one of the most shocking, and most heartbreaking of all. This show was so funny, and the cast portrayed their characters so well. I just can't believe it got cancelled. I'm so upset. If I could swear in a review, I would. That's how upset I am.

This show is about a group of EMTs in Chicago. We get to see their different personalities mix, and see what happens when people don't get along when in life or death situations. We also see police officers, who happen to be in relationships with EMTs.

Overall, I give this TV show an 8 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Awesome.

Excellent show worth watching

Author: Joshua Morris from Spain
28 April 2014

I had no expectations for this show, but I was so pleasantly surprised at how realistic it is in terms of plot lines. Its not really rolling on the floor laughter that it means to provoke but there are a few moments of those as well. Everything seems plausible, unlike so many other shows which have outlandish plot lines that you just cringe at seeing (ie the "Happy Endings" took, even though I still somewhat like that too).

There are serious moments too which also feel real. The chemistry between the cast is great and easy to see.

All in all a great new show and worth watching.