IMDb > "Elementary" Flight Risk (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Elementary" Flight Risk (2012)

« Prev | 6 of 109 Episodes | Next »

Sherlock tries to be too cool

Author: ctyankee1 from United States
20 November 2012

I like this series but it seems every Sherlock Holmes character actor has a bad attitude.

Johnny Lee Miller is a great actor. You can see the difference in his acting in Eli Stone series. In that series he is polite, calm, well spoken and clean shaven. In Elementary he looks like a bum, talks out of the side of his mouth and exaggerates a accent like someone from the UK. Eli Stoned oes not have an accent.The actor that played Sherlock on BBC--Benedict Cumberbatch. stinks.I think Cumberbatch is the worst Sherlock Holmes.

These actors that play Sherlock want to impress on us their unusual personality but they do it with talking too fast, rudeness, acting like everyone is stupid but them and ignoring others opinions in the cases.

The stories in Elementary are a modern day crime story, very different.

Lucy Liu plays Dr Joan Watson - is a good actress in this. She plays a serious person hired by Sherlock's father to monitor him from taking drugs. The old Sherlock Holmes series never emphasized drug use accept the ones with Jeremy Brett.This drug issue takes away from the story and personality of Sherlock Holmes.

I do like Johnny Lee Miller and I will continue to watch it I just hope they clean his character up a bit.