IMDb > Ghetu Putro Komola (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Ghetu Putro Komola More at IMDbPro »

A n awesome fiction

Author: secseee from Kolkata, india
15 November 2012

The movie is about the the child sex abuse and child labor. The movie depicts the the story of 150 year back. It has clearly drawn the Eco-social needs and the misery of the society.

Hence the basic needs of mankind and the social system are unambiguously depicted in this movie. The love and misery for the love is a collective subject in this movie.

The camera, casting, story,direction,editing is really awesome. The movie uses the Indo-folk music. The acting of the main roles are really appreciated.

Its a really watchable movie of all time. This movie was nominated for Academy Award(2012).

A nice finishing!

Author: imanik007 from Bangladesh
18 November 2012

Humayun Ahmed is my favourite writer. He is a brilliant character. He enriched our bangla litareture with his brilliant works. He always realize a readers feelings and describe it simply. As a film director he is also concern about viewers feelings. I was eagerly waited for this movie. Ghetu Putro Komola is his last film. An outstanding movie(as a point of my view). The song of this movie is excellent. If you totally understand this movie i am sure you can't be stopped your tears. A historical cultural movie about dark side of pleasure or entertainment. Now it is going for Oscar. We never forget you Humayun. You always live in your work with us. You('r book) always sleep with us beside our pillow. As a my point of view 10 of 10.

dancing boy in drag

Author: FilmFest from India
27 February 2013

Rituparno Ghosh seems to have had a counterpart in Dhaka, Humayun Ahmed. They looked alike, according to the one photo I have of Ahmed, and after an extremely distinguished literary career, extensive television work and ten films, Ahmed directed GHETUPUTRA KAMOLA (PLEASURE BOY KOMOLA), on a dancing boy in drag in rivalry with a (real) queen.

Komola belongs to a poor music group hired by a king to help pass the rainy months, when the king's mahal will be inaccessible. But he's more interested in the dancing boy, an interest that is quite obvious -- the king instructs the boy to dance more with his hips, and their first intimate encounter is made explicit by, in another room, other people overhearing the boy's scream. The poverty of the music group is suggested by the line, as they enter the mahal for the first time and they look toward the ceiling, "That is a chandelier." KOMOLA was entered for the Oscars last year (it didn't make the final cut) and was at both the Chennai and Bangalore festivals this year. Ahmed died of colorectal cancer in New York in 2012.