IMDb > "Adventure Time" I Remember You (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Adventure Time" I Remember You (2012)"Adventure Time with Finn & Jake" I Remember You (original title)

« Prev | 103 of 190 Episodes | Next »

Greatest episode ever!

Author: Jeffrey Williams from United States
21 October 2012

These episodes usually make me laugh, but this time it was only heartfelt tears that gripped me after watching this episode. We've slowly been learning more about the Ice King's past, his previous, but forgotten relationships to the other characters, his tormented transformation into what he is now, and the hinted foreshadowing to the role he might play with the imminent return of The Lich. All of these things are not supposed to be in a simple cartoon for children, which is why Adventure Time, and this episode in particular, have really earned my praise. I find I can't help but like the Ice King, despite some of his apparent flaws. He really is a nice king at the end of the day, if just a little misunderstood.

"Please forgive me, for whatever I do,... when I don't remember you..." - The Ice King (Simon Petrikov) to Marceline

This episode made the brake in Adventure Time

Author: pepemaldonadoe from Santiago, Chile
9 January 2015

This episode was the first that,to me,made the brake of Adventure Time being one "good Cartoon Network cartoon",to be a really good TV Show in general,a one who is going to be remembered as one of the best cartoon's in the whole history. With that being said,this episode is fantastic in so many ways,but I'm going to focus in only two,which are,at least for me,the most important of making this kind of episodes in this kind of shows,this episode have the comedic element(like in most of the other Adventure Time episodes) and that extremely powerful emotional element.The episode is very "avarege" the first half,but then in the second,exactly when Marceline starts two sing while the Ice King is goofing on the refrigerator,that moment is the one which marks the start of a beautiful achievement on the series,make the viewers brake in tears on a "kids cartoon". Overrall,this episode is going to be remember as one of the best in the show,with others like "Lemonhope" of "Finn the human/Jake the dog". Fantastic episode.10/10