When Tony Stark and Bruce Banner try to jump-start a dormant peacekeeping program called Ultron, things go horribly wrong and it's up to Earth's Mightiest Heroes to stop the villainous Ultron from enacting his terrible plans.
As Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world, he teams up with another super soldier, the black widow, to battle a new threat from old history: an assassin known as the Winter Soldier.
Samuel L. Jackson,
Steve Rogers, a rejected military soldier transforms into Captain America after taking a dose of a "Super-Soldier serum". But being Captain America comes at a price as he attempts to take down a war monger and a terrorist organization.
Samuel L. Jackson
A new theme park is built on the original site of Jurassic Park. Everything is going well until the park's newest attraction--a genetically modified giant stealth killing machine--escapes containment and goes on a killing spree.
Bryce Dallas Howard,
When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to the Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for a global adventure. Written by
It hurts to rate this so poorly, but it certainly deserves the low marks. There were so many things that ruined this movie for me.
1) The Storytelling - Or lack thereof. There was not a compelling story to be told here. Ultron wants to blow up the world, the Avengers try to stop him. That's all the audience ever really knows about this story and it felt flat and unfulfilling.
2) Plot? - The movie opens with our heroes in the middle of a battle for reasons that are largely unimportant. That pretty much sums up this whole film
3) The Love Interest - Totally underdeveloped. We're basically told by the script writer that these two people are in love, but never are we SHOWN that they're falling in love. It rang completely hollow.
4) The Humor - There were WAY too many jokes in this movie, and that wouldn't have been all that bad if so many of them weren't eye rollers. Many of them left me groaning.
5) Ultron - This guy appears out of nowhere and is woefully underdeveloped. Plus, he's supposed to be some kind of AI but he's constantly cracking off stupid one-liners and making facial expressions that I thought were inconsistent with what and who he was supposed to be.
6) Character Overload - There were WAY too many characters to do any of them any justice. I would have liked the film to focus on a smaller group of characters and their relationships with one another, instead, we got a who's who of the entire Marvel universe leaving a lot to be desired.
I could go on, but my heart is still aching and I don't want to talk about it anymore. I see that a lot of people liked it and I'm happy that they did. I only wish it hadn't been such a colossal disappointment for me.
541 of 982 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?