IMDb > Fred 3: Camp Fred (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Fred 3: Camp Fred More at IMDbPro »Camp Fred (original title)

Here we go again. For the third time.

Author: anthony-rigoni from United States
28 July 2012

Great. Just what I need, another Fred sequel. Lucas Cruishank, don't you think you have enough making Fred-related franchise? It's bad enough that we have sit through the first two movies, we don't need a third one! What's so bad about this movie? Let's find out.

First of all, at the beginning of the movie, there's this crappy musical number that look likes a rejected High School Musical play done by kids with Tourett syndrome. Third, yeah, we got the same stupid characters from the first stupid movie and the second stupider movie! Fourth, the jokes are very poor and boring. Fifth, there's the overuse of day dreams promising that Fred is dead. That is what I call false hope. Sixth, there's yet another pointless musical number with Fred and the Crocobearimoose, who looks like a rejected character design for one of the Pokemon from Pokemon Black and White. Finally, Camp Iwannapeepee? Oh, that's a dignified name for a camping ground! Why don't you think of another name for a camp like Camp Ijustwetmypants?! And if I were to use that camp greeting at someone else, I'd get punched in the face!

By now, while you're watching the movie, you'd keep praying that Cropsy from The Burning would show up and carve Fred and all the characters in the movie to pieces with his garden sheers. Unfortunately, it never happened, BUT I WISHED IT WOULD!!! The first movie was stupid. The second movie was even stupider. This movie is way, way, WAY beyond stupidity!! And for those of you who disagree with me, you need to go make reservations at an asylum before you start writing reviews of your own.

God, why have you forsaken me?

Author: Monolight
9 June 2013

Fred 1: Very bad.

Fred 2: A little better but far from good.

Fred 3: Camp Fred: Abysmal. Torture from start to finish.

Wow. I mean WOW. I'm sorry, but everyone who was involved in production of this movie and their families should be arrested for crimes against entertainment. I don't even know where to start.

The characters are not themselves. Not that I'm saying there were any actual characters to begin with, but in this movie everyone is noticeably different. The mom turned into an annoying valley girl parody, the best friend disappears after 60 seconds of screen time, the bully went back to who he was during the first movie. None of the actors have any idea about comedic timing or intonation. And we get several new stereotypes as Fred goes to camp for summer. The camp's "hilarious" name "Iwannapeepee" is the comedic high of the movie (and frankly the bubonic plague was funnier) so you know what to expect from everything else. Fred this time is the only main cast member, which makes matters even worse.

The story this time is as generic as it gets. Fred goes to camp he doesn't like. He meets friends he doesn't like. There will be a competition with another camp that "Iwannapeepee" hasn't won in 69 years. Yes, even a 5 year old can see where all of this is going.

Fred's voice in this one is especially annoying. It's like a thousand fingernails scratching a thousand blackboards, during two active fire alarms at a vuvuzela concert. I don't know how my ears didn't bleed. My soul sure did.

This abomination shouldn't be seen by anyone. This is the bottom of the barrel, end of the road, nightmare. Frankly, a colonoscopy would be more entertaining.

One camp that you'd want to stay well clear of

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
25 August 2013

The first Fred movie is one of the worst movies ever made, while Fred 2 is a marginal improvement- and is still the best of the three movies- but still very bad. Fred 3: Camp 3 is on the same level as the first and manages to almost be even worse, and this is coming from someone who had low expectations already. The movie visually never rises above bad TV show quality, with gaudy sets and very simplistic camera-work, and just as badly made as the Friedberg-Seltzer movies. The music is no better either, there are musical numbers that are mind-numbingly cheesy as well as out of place and irrelevant and there is nothing interesting or memorable about it generally. The story is practically non-existent and often feels like a predictable, badly-written parody. The writing and jokes are lazy, painfully unfunny and immature, the name of the camp is the closest the movie gets to induce a strained smile. The characters are obnoxious and stupid, as well as cardboard stereotypes. Fred is without a doubt down there as one of the most unbearably annoying characters ever committed to movie celluloid. And the acting is terrible, consisting of either people over-compensated or looking and sounding embarrassed. Siobhan Fallon and John Cena have little to do with badly written characters, while Lucas Cruishank shows no acting talent whatsoever, and personally there is yet to be a voice for any actor and movie so painful to hear that it literally splits the ear-drums than Cruishank's Fred. To conclude, every bit as bad as the other two and is this close to be worse than the first. This is one camp that you'd want to stay well clear from, otherwise you'll be living a nightmare if you had a camp name like that and to have people behave the way they do here. 1/10 Bethany Cox

surprisingly OK movie.

Author: coolandawesome99
29 July 2012

I loved the original Fred videos and the icarly episode and i find Fred the movie but i thought the second one was not as good and i just recently watched the third installment to be ..........better than the first and second.It beggins with Fred whining and that was way to annoying and that is probably would be when most people shut off the movie or change the channel to cartoon network , Disney channel or syfy channel or something like that but if turned off the movie you will miss a pretty good movie i recamend that you don't buy the DVD because you would most likely get really mad for buying a $20.00 DVD like this but if you find it on nickelodeon while surfing channels i suggest you give it a watch. It might surprise you.

Camp what?

Author: betelgeuse-6 from United States
19 February 2013

In a lot of ways, Pee Wee's back.

If you missed the original Pee Wee Herman shows, the nutty humor, the in-jokes, that voice, that laugh, the you-must-be-kidding-me gender ID, the wacky characters, the silly quests and quirky quirks... if you missed those things, then, in a lot of ways, Pee Wee's back.

And Fred Figglehorn takes Mr Herman way out there... no red bike needed. The present and the basic story flip in a flash into dream, fantasy, fear and desire, and then flip right back.

A friend wanted me to point him to the trailer of the movie, but I didn't because the official trailer misses the film's appeal. Zany, bizarre, wildly inventive, and just plain funny, it's its own trailer; pick any two minutes.

And you needn't worry about taking time to get into it; you will know within the first five or so minutes whether or not it's your thing. What you see in the first five minutes, is what you will be seeing, in one novel form or another, though the whole film.

One recommendation: See the movie with someone who wants to get silly with you and vice versa. A child is a good choice, five or older... maybe, if you should be so lucky, a grandchild.