IMDb > "Victorious" Tori Fixes Beck and Jade (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Victorious" Tori Fixes Beck and Jade (2012)

« Prev | 50 of 57 Episodes | Next »

If not Beck, then who else is right for Jade?

Author: Ddey65 from United States
4 August 2013

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

I understand why a lot of people want to see Tori and Jade fall in love with each other. Both Victoria, Avan, and the characters they play seem to get along so well, it almost seems like a crime that they're not a couple. Be that as it may, neither of the two stars see each other that way, so we'll have to deal with it.

Everyone at Hollywood Arts knows that Jade West is a girl you don't want to be angry with you. This includes the normally impossible to intimidate Beck who broke up with her in "The Worst Couple" and Sinjin who has had a long-standing crush on her. So when a girl named Meredith asks Beck out, he's hesitant to accept her offer, because this girl was his romantic partner in an old school play, and he doesn't want to face the wrath of his ex. That's when Tori decides she should set Jade up with a guy, so Beck can take this girl out. Of course there's no way that'll happen, because when she's not threatening her fellow classmates, she's busy concentrating on an upcoming concert at the school's "Asphalt Café" later that week. When she finds out what's going on Jade, she reluctantly lets Beck go out with the girl. There's also a B-Story about a pet butterfly that Robbie takes care of who gets caught in Cat's ear and keeps biting her.

On the night of the concert, Andre's crazy grandmother causes one scene after the next, including a massive argument with Trina, and the date between Beck and Meredith turns out to be a disaster, because she evidently has no mind of her own. Beck confides with Tori that the date was a failure, and then the answer to the type of girl that seems to be right for him is interrupted with a fantastic song.

Like "Prom Wrecker," which I have yet to finish a review of, the song at the end which was partially written by Elizabeth Gillies makes up for everything that one may not like about the episode. Gillies' performance of "You Don't Know Me," is somewhere above that of Pat Benetar in her heyday, although I've heard other people compare her to Avril Lavigne. Nevertheless the song describes Jade to a "T," and if it weren't for the fact that Liz Gillies is nothing like her character, you could almost consider it her opus, in the same way "Song 2 You" is regarding Leon Thomas. It's a shame the song wasn't nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics this year. and the series was brought to an almost abrupt end in early 2013. The best thing you can say is that at least it won a Kids Choice Award for Favorite TV Show of 2013, which isn't saying much.

Tori And Beck

Author: meganlooney94 from United States
19 May 2012

I think that Tori and Beck should be a couple, this might ruin the show for me. In Tori goes platinum, they almost kiss but don't, I think it would bring more drama to the show, it already has enough comedy, it needs cute teen drama/romance. A lot of people might not like them as a couple, but I know a lot of people that feel the same way as I do. I just hope that the title of this episode means something else and they don't get back together because, Beck is in love with Tori, that would be great and they end up together and Jade would be okay with it because, she isn't into him no more. I would also be kinda cool if Jade and Andre get together, but I don't know what will happen, I just hope these episodes come out soon.