IMDb > Anything But Christmas (2012) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Anything But Christmas (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Good ending!

Author: dylanmatheson7 from Canada
21 December 2013

I notices the title scroll by on the TV listings and I thought it sounded different. I caught it about a half hour into it and it was at a relatively interesting and exciting point in the plot. Overall I'd say the humour and romance are sort of cheap and cheesy compared to some major films but the spirit and heart of the story are strong. Ultimately the end is the best part in my opinion so don't let the one other review on here turn you away. Somehow I don't think many people will be checking these reviews prior to watching the film because it is one of those TV movies that most people who watch it would he channel surfers like I. Enjoy it of you haven't seen it!

Great Christmas movie

Author: Jane Baldwin
19 July 2014

Excellent movie! It was light, funny and just what I needed. One of my favorite actors, Sergio Di Zio is in it and was awesome. Elaine Hendrix was in it. She's never been a favorite, but i absolutely adored her in it. The supporting cast was great, too. There was a realistic storyline that was touching and believable, I saved it on my DVR from the first year and watched it throughout the years. Unfortunately, it got erased and I haven't seen it since Christmas. I'm trying to fine a place where I can purchase it, but haven't been able to yet. Any suggestions of where it can be purchased? I'm really needing a Anything But Christmas fix.

not great but...

Author: Armand from Romania
20 December 2014

a sentimental comedy, like many others at first sigh. one of Christmas films, mixture of same ingredients in similar dose. but nice for the crumbs of courage - Sergio Di Zio as vulnerable Charming Prince, Elaine Hendrix as the strong - delicate Princess, Christmas and its nuances, Christopher Lloyd who gives a special role who reminds the Scrooge 's way. its basic virtue - a wise-warm image about family, fight against dark childhood memories, second chance and love , old values and a beautiful end. it could be a not bad choice for Chrismas period like a hot chocolate cup. but, in same measure, it has small pieces from Frank Capra universe - the ideal for sweet movies fans. and that could transform it in an useful support of naive joy. result - far to be great, it is a nice movie about profound values at base of each life.

ugh... UGH!

Author: JamieWJackson from United States
19 November 2013

How in the world can this have a 6.3 rating here? It's like watching a TV commercial that just keeps going. I couldn't stomach it past the 20 minute mark. The two lead characters just keep going, minute after minute, being very uptight and taking it out on each other, instead of talking like human beings would.

Whoever wrote this script should rethink their profession. This is VERY bad viewing. It's like having an itch and not scratching it, for minute after minute. The movie has to do the scratching; the viewer just watches. But the scratch keeps not coming, and instead we just keep squirming and wishing the itch would STOP already.

Ugh.

Maybe it improves later, but I just cannot take any more. This is one of the worst movie watching experiences I've ever had.

I will say that aside from the AWFUL experience of watching the two leads being uptight, annoying, immature, co-miserable punks, some of the other performances were alright in the short time I saw them. So the movie gets a 2 for that. But that's it. UGH!

Horrendous

Author: bwestbroker from United States
8 December 2014

This movie is so tedious and idiotic...and NOT in a "funny" way.It's as if none of the actors were given full scripts to work from..no one speaks in complete,understandable sentences and WAY too much time is wasted on ....what I PRESUME.... is supposed to be funny spots?Conversations never seem to come to any clear conclusion.I have actually watched it in its entirety..hoping there would be SOMETHING worthwhile at the end....but there was no tie ups...no explanations for the lead actress's very odd behavior and little more to explain the lead actor's hatred of Christmas.

To make it worse.... the lead actress LOOKS and SOUNDS like Nancy Grace which is just too much for anyone to HAVE to tolerate for over a minute.A complete waste of a movie.