IMDb > Sundown (2016/II) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Sundown

Sundown More at IMDbPro »

I expected it to be entertaining but....

Author: Ale Cov from United States
27 April 2016

I expected it to be entertaining but unfortunately I wanted to leave the theater in the first 30 minutes. The movie has a lot of very cheap jokes which made it look like a cheap movie. Also contains several scenes of women showing their breasts and a scene of a penis and several other things. But nothing beyond that. Not for kids though.

I hanged in and it picked up the pace a little bit after the car chase scene. The Mexican cab driver was fun so that helped the movie.

I was expecting more because the movie (I believe) seems to be trying to bring publicity to Puerto Vallarta (Mexico) which is one of the best vacation destinations but the writing sucks.

The music is great though and it has some beautiful scenes from the city (not enough to show its whole beauty, unfortunately)

But I guess some people might find it entertaining. I just think the cheap jokes were not needed to make it entertaining.

I had doubts

Author: Jake from Australia
22 July 2017

Hey guys no expert reviewer here. But was looking for something to watch tonight on netflix and came across this. there weren't any reviews on it so I didn't know what to expect. It was surprisingly good and didn't feel like a cheap movie. the comedy wasn't crappy/cringey But i can see why It didn't make it to the big screen. If your as bored as I was trying to look for movies to watch I would recommend to give it ago. Wish I had known about this movie earlier!

Totally miscast

Author: unbeltedsundew
4 November 2017

It's supposed to be a teen rebellion/comedy move and so they cast a bunch of people in their mid to late twenties. The main character is supposed to be 18, but he looks like he is 25. Why? Because the actor was 25 when they filmed it.

Perhaps the total miscasting would be less noticeable if the movie had more worth in other places. Unfortunately the only real fun came in the form of Chuy the cab driver. Overall a very bland and formulaic movie.

I used to look like this

Author: Michael Ledo from United States
16 October 2017

Logan (Devon Werkheiser) is a poor little rich boy whose parents want to send him to Stanford, but he aspires to be a DJ and mix tapes. His best friend is Blake (Sean Marquette) who is filled with ideas to get them in trouble. Logan likes Lina (Sara Paxton) and stalks her on Spring Break in Puerto Vallarta. Here he discovers she aches for Connor, and Logan is too boring for her. Gaby (Camilla Belle) an 11 on a scale of 10, throws herself at Logan...he is a great looking guy or is it his Rolex which is now gone and the last half of the film is filled with teen comedy antics to recover the item...get a girl and become a DJ. Sorry for those formula spoilers.

The film was basically a dumb modern teen sex comedy complete with the penis drawing on the face and cross dresser. I failed to laugh at one scene, and the characters were shallow human beings. Poorly conceived and executed unless you are into DJ's as many soundboard people played themselves.

Guide: F-word. Implied sex. Nudity.

A typical Spring Break

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
12 August 2017

This movie is a common story about teens going on a spring break.

It involves hot girls, djing, gangsters, alcohol and parties.

It isn't bad at all but is also so cliché. And at some points the time just drags on and on.

Still, there are positive parts about this movie. Like, Chuy is hilarious. All his ways to make money from them, all his solutions, the fact that everyone around is his "cousin" and how he ends up developing a friendship with the guys is fun.

The party scenes were fun! Makes one want to an event like this again even though I don't want any real spring break experience as in this movie.

What was bad though was the cock fighting. These scenes kind of put the movie one rating down for me. IF you even see cock fighting report it to police. No watch is worth it.

Mexico without Mexicans and a good story told in a bad way...

Author: Jay Demay
26 September 2016

I discovered this movie looking for more work of "Karla Souza". You may know her in the role of "Laurel" in "how to get away with murder"; she is quite famous in Mexico for several movies (rather funny ones trying to be romantic) and some funny (almost stupid and hilarious) comedy series. She's an image and Idol of the sexy, beautiful and successful Mexican actress. Karla is supposed to be in this movie. Have you found her?

Funny story that the main role of the sexy, Mexican girl is played by Camilla Belle. She is simply stunning, timelessly beautiful and so sexy! I loved to see her playing the Mexican girl. Although her accent sounds rather Russian than Mexican... and she forgets about it, especially when she yells at someone. That does not happen in reality, does it?

Talking about Reality: It was recorded in the very city of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Streets, buildings and public transports are real. This is where authenticity ends, because everything else is very exaggerated. The Taxi driver "Chuy" is the joking joke about taxi drivers of his kind. They really do exist! The "Chuys" in the reality don't have wrist bands which are VIP-Tickets to all clubs and events, but they know everyone, all places and have a lot of "Cousins" (not that many as Chuy). I'm sure even Pimps like Gaby's Boss may exist in Mexico, but also this one is very exaggerated.. and a real one probably wouldn't be afraid of Chuy's army of Cousins. So the whole Mexican part can't be taken serious... there is a connection to reality, but it's all exaggerated. Maybe the name of Karla Souza is a sign that the Mexican scenes are made her style. Funny, exaggerated and hilarious.

Besides, the story could be placed anywhere else. How about Las Vegas? Ibiza? Dubai? Why not? The movie wants to be advertising for Puerto Vallarta, but it's too sad we don't see much of it. Even the DJ's, which probably wouldn't work at tiny events as in the movie, don't help. Only Chuy (for the funny part) and Camilla (for the sexy part) make this movie watchable.

By the way, while the ending credits appear, some photos show what happened after the story. Karla Souza appears in a few images. So if you are going to watch this movie because of her, don't leave the theater too early!

Underrated movie alert!

Author: Ciobanu Eduard
11 June 2017

OMG! Now i want to go in Mexico and party hard . This is one of the most amazing movies i have seen this year! I don t know why this movie is so underrated.. It s such a great movie! A smile will cover your face throughout the movie. I really hope this movie will get rated higher. It s definitely a good teen movie!

Camille Belle is awesome!!

Author: writeguyr from United States
8 September 2016

When I first saw the trailer for this film I thought oh another teen comedy with gross humor and poor story and script. Well while "Sundown" does share a lot in common with other teen comedies with the first twenty minutes or so. Things do pick up when Logan a handsome DJ wanna be played by Devon Werheiser who is a very close Zac Efron clone., and his buddy Blake (Sean Marquette) decide to take off to Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

Blake is a dead ringer for a young Jonah Hill and acts a lot like him. He is the guy who gets Logan in constant trouble. When Logan's attempts to court the gorgeous blonde Lina ( Sara Paxton) fail. It is Blake who urges him to pursue her more aggressively. Especially when Logan's parents have gone on a cruise trip believing Logan to be home watching and taking care of their home. His father trusting Logan to guard his Rolex watch given to him by his grandfather.

Well everything goes south when Logan and Blake fly south to Puerto Vallarta. First Blake failed to book a hotel room for the two. Luckily for the two they have found help from a hilarious and affable cab driver Chuy ( Silverio Palacious ) He helps them find a living space at his cousins laundry. Funny thing is Chuy refers to everyone as his cousins. Chuy adds most of the real comedy here as he helps the two get out of jam after jam, then getting in trouble with the two himself also.

Logan does find his dream girl Lina drunk in a local night club. He carries her out to the street, where upon she kisses him on the mouth, then vomits into his mouth. Not exactly the image he wanted for his dream girl. Logan has Chuy take Lina back to her hotel. Despondent Logan returns to the nightclub where he sees his buddy Blake dancing closely to a gorgeous big busty Latino woman. An awesome beautiful woman with long black hair and sparkling blue eyes and sizzling figure passes by Logan she looks at his Rolex and smiles at him she then says to him "Nice Watch." Now I did not recognize this vision of beauty woman as actress Camilla Belle. I have seen Camilla Belle in other films and liked her acting, but she did not look anything like this hot dream girl! Here in this film she played Gaby/Jessica. As Gabby she is a high priced hooker working the night club floor looking for an easy mark. Like a young tourist like Logan wearing an expensive Rolex watch.

Yet she plays it cool and turns on her charm added with her incredible sexy beauty is a deadly combination. Most guys would find themselves falling under her spell. I know I did!! So Logan didn't find his fantasy dream girl in Lina, he found her with the fabulous Gaby! She is fabulous awesome!!! The sexiest most beautiful vision I have ever seen in a film!! It is incredible that Camilla Belle transformed herself into his sexy sizzling hot Gabby. That is great acting! Bravo to you Camilla!! Camille takes Logan back to her place, where he falls asleep under the spell of a potent drug that Gabby had slipped into his drink at the nightclub. Next morning Gabby demands to be paid for her hooking service. Logan stunned at the turn of events tells her he'll get the money. For her to give him some time he'll be back. When Logan returns with Blake, Gabby is gone and so is the precious heirloom Rolex that Logan had accidentally left on the bed.

Here is where the film switches to high gear and the action kicks in. Dorian a crime boss who wears a fake blonde wig played wonderfully by Jordi Molla, Molla has played the serious villains in countless films. Here he has a little fun parodying his past roles. Dorian has possession of Logan's Rolex, he also has possession of Gabby whose real name is Jessica, she must do whatever Dorian wants, for she owes him a lot of money. When Logan sees Gabby this time as Jessica, she does not have on her black wig or blue contacts lens for her eyes. Yet she has a very soft natural girl next door type beauty. I wish I had a girl like this next door!! Dorian gives Logan the ultimatum get $10, 0000.00 for the Rolex for it to be returned to him. There is a lot of high jinx and fast action car chases, showdowns with the bad guys. But hey this is a summer fun flick!! You also have hot music, nightclub dancing, wet t-shirt contests, some girls taking their t-shirts off! Everything a guy wants in a fun flick!!

Logan and Jessica are drawn together and a romance sparks as we get to see another side of her, and learn her plight of being owned by Dorian. Jessica is warm, caring, cute, beautiful, everything a guy dreams about in a girl. Camille Bella offers us guys two fabulous fantasy dream women; the hot sexy Gabby and the naturally beautiful cute Jessica. I would fantasize about either or both!! I saw Camille in "American Side" she looked like an average beautiful woman. Here she transfers herself into two different gorgeous WOW goddesses!! She and Logan take a dip in small tropical pond. Jessica revealing her fantastic figure in a bikini!! A feast sight for any guy's eyes!!

Camille Belle shows her range as an actress in this film by portraying two different characters. She also shows us two beautiful women! That's what great acting is all about! She is awesome!! I love her for it!!! I'm awarding all ten stars to Camille Belle!!

EDM Music Scene

Author: countingdowntheseconds
19 August 2016

Had to be the worst movie in relations to the EDM & Dj Culture. A Top 100 Dj taking a random kid pre-made set that the kid made at home and playing it live in-front of a packed club. Not to mention he never even hear the set. Was really sad cause they have some real old-school dj's involved with this movie. And when he finally gets to Dj he never mixes one track. Its just one continuous pre- made set he plays over and over in-front of pack clubs, and they even play the same song every time he dj's lol. People say it didn't have that great of a cast, actually it did, it just had the worst writing possible. And it didn't help no one could pull off there foreign accents. Its one of those movies that you cant believe that could be filmed in such a high productions, only to be written so horribly.

Absolutely Loved it!

Author: matthew-72116 from South Africa
17 August 2016

This is honestly one of the best movies I have watched this year. Such an underrated movie.

Its like a mixture of Project X / 22 Jump Street / The Hangover / We are Your Friends. If you like those type of movies then you will love this movie.

I don't know why people are giving this such bad reviews. Car chases, plot twists, love story, partying - whats not to like.

Look the acting is not 10/10 and the actors are not well known but its way better than any big budget comedy/romance films this year.

Give it a watch. I highly recommend