IMDb > Cavemen (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Cavemen More at IMDbPro »

Bland

Author: timlin-4 from United States
9 February 2014

This movie follows the quest of an average guy looking for love. Of course he has a player friend, is in some friendzone dynamic, has a problem having sex with hot women since he wants commitment more than anything. Yeah, he might as well be a girl, except he has that average guy face and romantic attitude for the female audience. It's like a network sitcom, an even dumber version of How I Met Your Mother. The movie is fine in terms of acting and production, and is acceptable for mindless light entertainment, but there was no reason for it to be made. There is no reason for this review either, but the absurd 10/10 reviews needed to be questioned

watch Bollywood movie instead

Author: jhabrijeshbk from India
15 February 2014

If I had to watch a super corny 'love conquers all' 'run after the taxi' movie there are some really rich ones in Bollywood collections.They also will have some enjoyable dances, song and music during which you could go out for a break.

This movie has been made for a very select demographic.I don't know if its high school girls or 'looking for love' adolescents or somebody else. But chances are if you are not a part of that demographic you would end up with a serious head ache.

Acting is average throughout.Many of us will go to this movie for Camilla Belle.She is not disappointing.I am not a technical expert in movies but I didn't feel any glitch in direction anywhere.Just that this movie was definitely not for me.

Oh EM GEE Clichè explosion

Author: user-920-834704
10 February 2014

The only reason we gave this film a 2 is because we laughed once during the film. This review sucks, but it is still 10x better than the film. This film was a combination of every other stereotypical romantic comedy, filled with clichés and empty/unoriginal characters. There was not one thing in the film that was unpredictable. Please, give me my 85 minutes of time back. I could have been watching 3 episodes of the Walking Dead instead. Yes... the Walking Dead. I don't have anything else to say about this film, however, I am required to provide 10 lines of text for this review. So, I will just say that the only somewhat pleasant thing in this movie, was Chad. Go Chad.

Confusing

Author: Callum Gardiner from Canada
13 August 2015

So the main problem I had with this film was the fact that you would see some plot point going down and then it would be revealed that it was a script Dean wrote and at the end we see him hand over a script which was apparently the whole movie? Also in this scene he denies it being a true story so does that mean the whole movie was just something Dean wrote? It just didn't make sense to me what was and wasn't Dean's mind or imagination.

So, lets move on to positives which unsurprisingly there isn't a ton of. The only real saving grace for this film was the cast which was AMAZING. Skylar Astin and Camilla Belle have great chemistry. Chad Michael Murray portrays the funniest character in the film. Alexis Knapp does a brilliant job portraying someone going through a tough time as do Skylar Astin, Dayo Okeniyi and Kenny Wormald.

So in short the story was confusing for me but the amazing acting and dialogue made up for it but still did not guarantee a success for this movie

NO SPOILERS - The Only Trustworthy Review So Far... Seriously

Author: Knox D Alford III (knoxiii)
29 November 2014

Wow! I did not want to review this; Iwanted to rate it & move on. When I read the 15 reviews, I was dumbfounded at how misleading & all over the place they were. There should be ample consensus evident in reviews to reflect the thousands of votes that average to 5.2. My review is just my personal experience & certainly not a spoiler-rich autopsy or a handy turn by turn navigator that points out the attractions & gives unwarranted discussion to forgettable characters. This is an imperfect explanation of my experience that appear more in line with the cumulative average of thousands of viewers. The fact is this movie is neither a 1 nor a 10. Like most, it falls somewhere in the middle.

I don't recommend this as a good movie unless you are looking to watch a truly gorgeous actress interact with 4 male buddies as they work their craft, picking up women in bars & telling lewd stories of conquests. Hey, it's your time, & I won't judge. The plot is as familiar as the floor plan of a house you grew up in. I won't "ruin" the surprise. The acting was OK. But, the story was as stale as the month-old pretzels in the worst bar in town... a big, big town.

So, I was frustrated with the movie. It was tantra-like how the leading male kept letting opportunities pass (for me there were about 2 too many). It was tantra without the payoff. I did become an instant fan of Camilla Belle, though going in I thought another actress would capture my interest. . To me Camilla is a wonderful amalgam of a girl I liked in Middle & High School & a girl I liked when I was 19. That and she has Catherine Keener's cute nose.

I was surprised to see she stars in another movie with Catherine Keener, I'm hoping she was cast as the daughter. I will see soon & report back. She did offer the most convincing acting of the 5 main characters & has a promising future. According to IMDb, she has around 3 pictures for 2015.

I rate the script & the movie 5/10 stars. There is repeated nudity of one female's breasts, but she is not a main character. She serves as a backup plan & sexual outlet for one of the main characters as he searches for "the one" & an ending to his love story.

Knox D. Alford, III

High on charm ladies...

Author: loueyak from United States
19 April 2014

Okay I watched this movie the other night with my girlfriend, and although I am not the target audience here, I have to say I really enjoyed this film. It's a love story centering around a group of friends living in downtown LA. No the filmmakers aren't re-inventing the wheel here, but I think that was the point. This was meant to be throw back to the romantic comedies of the 80's and 90's. Good looking people, lots of heart, and loads of silly goofy fun. It's romcom-retro. BAM! Ladies, sit on the couch with some wine and popcorn and prepare to smile a lot. Oh, and have a box of tissues handy. My lady cried like a little girl. She's 5'2" BTW.

let me down man.

Author: TomShortell from Liverpool, England
10 February 2014

Cavemen. A man sets his sights on just being in love. Tired of the one night stands so he wants to be someones forever. So I have been waiting a real long time to see this and there has only been one review until very recently. Now they are coming in more is broadening the rating. Now its pretty low. Which sucks.

So I watched the movie last night and I have to say I was disappointed. There is no real need in this movie to be made really. It could of been done so much better which brings me down as I had hopes for this. The way it is shot is strange as the director for some reason over uses the focus on characters all the time and at very stupid bits.

The soundtrack I thought was very good. Just these days Hollywood seem to think that the use of indie music will provide the audience with a more style to their music when in all fairness its just Hollywood trying to up their views.

All of the scenes didn't really make sense and it only started making complete sense more than half way through. The actors where all very good there's no shame there. Camille Belle is such a weird casting for this movie as I had no real connections toward here. Even though I did want the obvious to happen. Her and Dean (Skylar Austin) to get together. He was the only one that had me wanting them together.

When watching this movie and going here. This is not the review that I wanted to do. This movie could of easily been done better and its such a shame that this let me down.

You might have a good enough time, for the 87 minutes it takes to watch it.

Author: Hellmant from United States
12 June 2014

'CAVEMEN': Two and a Half Stars (Out of Five)

Sex comedy flick about a group of mostly unemployed bachelors, living happily together in an LA warehouse, when one decides he wants to give up his sex filled carefree life in order to pursue love. It was written and directed by first time filmmaker Herschel Faber and stars Skylar Astin, Camilla Belle, Chad Michael Murray, Alexis Knapp, Dayo Okeniyi and Kenny Wormald. The cast is full of a lot of recognizable faces, with little name value though; Astin costarred in 'PITCH PERFECT' and '21 & OVER', Murray had major roles on the TV show 'ONE TREE HILL' and in the horror remake 'HOUSE OF WAX', Belle has appeared in indie movies like 'THE BALLAD OF JACK AND ROSE' and big budget bombs like '10,000 BC' and 'PUSH', Okeniyi was in 'THE HUNGER GAMES' and 'THE SPECTACULAR NOW', Wormald starred in the 'FOOTLOOSE' remake and Knapp also appeared in 'PITCH PERFECT' as well as 'PROJECT X'. There's definitely a lot of up-and-coming young actors (with pretty faces) but the movie still goes nowhere.

Astin stars as Dean, a bartender who's struggling to become a film writer. He lives in a warehouse, turned into a bachelor pad, with his jobless buddies: Jay (Murray), Andre (Okeniyi) and Pete (Wormald). Pete is the only one of the group with a girlfriend, Beth (Amanda Jane Cooper), but they're constantly breaking up. Dean is trying to write a screenplay about love so he's recently became fascinated with the idea of it (for himself). He constantly asks advice from his best friend, and coworker, Tess (Belle); who he also has feeling for. His idea of looking for love of course does not go over well with any of his guy friends.

For a low budget sex comedy film, that I had never heard of before, I was surprised by it's production values. The directing isn't bad and it has a pretty good soundtrack (there's also a couple nice tit shots as well). The acting isn't bad either and most of the cast makes likable characters (at least somewhat). There's just not much to the story, or the film. It feels like something you've seen dozens of times before and you'll never remember anything about it (once you've seen a few more movies just like it). With that said some of the film is funny, thanks largely to Astin (and some of the other actors), and it's definitely not a cringeworthy or painful film going experience. You might have a good enough time, for the 87 minutes it takes to watch it, but don't expect anything more than that.

Watch our movie review show 'MOVIE TALK' at: youtu.be/3AK4roDokJo

Sweet, but Predictable

Author: HarekJansen from Bronnoy, Norway
22 May 2014

A story of four friends who loves to pick up women. Dean (Skylar Astin) is trying to make it as a screenplay-writer in Hollywood. He's struggling to come up with the perfect love story, because he's never been in love himself. I thought this movie was OK. Not a movie i'll remember for years, but not a movie i'd try hard to forget. It's a very predictable movie and everyone who's ever seen a love story before will understand what's going to happen, long before it does. Usually i would give this type of movie a 4/5, but there are some small, important details that drags it up from the bottom. I also think that Chad Michael Murray did a good job in his role as the womanizing bachelor who actually has a big heart.

Decent Rom/Com that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Author: Jesse Boland from Burnaby, BC Canada
13 February 2014

Nice predictable romantic comedy with a decent cast well made, and full of warmth. This really is a sweet little movie, just 4 guys living , and partying together in a chance of a lifetime loft apartment. Nice how it all ties up so neatly in the end even if it is predictable. There is a lot of real "E" energy that you really get a feeling of between some of these characters that translates really well. I Enjoyed the fact that it is not real, really he named the girl his muse before he met her, it's all just a story. However it is a nice one so I recommend it to fans of the romantic, and the truth when it is right in your face. Relationships suck, but it is always fun to see two people who actually fit together.