IMDb > Sofia's Last Ambulance (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Sofia's Last Ambulance More at IMDbPro »Poslednata lineika na Sofia (original title)

All is written in the faces!

Author: Metin Cavus from Istanbul, Turkey
2 February 2013

A film crew is "embedded" to one of the ambulance crews in the capital of Bulgaria, Sofia. We follow this close-relation three-people emergency team, constituted by a driver, an emergency physician and an emergency nurse, during their night shifts, when they are on duty and also when they are waiting for a call. However, we are mainly directed not to the incidents but watching the faces of our protagonists, even when they operate during emergency cases. So all the intention is transferred to the audience through off-screen talking and the faces of the team.

It is a great documentary by young filmmaker Ilian Metev. He implemented a highly stylistic approach and well controlled ups and downs in the narrative, which is fluent enough for a documentary. We really identify with the characters, like in a fiction film, and appreciate their struggle, commitment and passion for work, despite the facts that they operate in very bad conditions.

It is not all about the body, but the soul!