IMDb > Instructions Not Included (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
No se aceptan devoluciones

Instructions Not Included More at IMDbPro »No se aceptan devoluciones (original title)

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Totally worth it!!!

Author: alejandrodeleon559 from United States
31 August 2013

I'll be honest, I was dragged in to see this movie but was quickly enthused and charmed by the undeniable chemistry between father and daughter(Eugenio Derbez, Loreta Peralta). The very first minutes weren't exactly my cup of tea but it it gets to the point eagerly and you get the whole message of the title along with it. Don't confuse it for just another meager Disney squall of becoming a family film. No where throughout the movie did I remember the pacifier or the Game Plan those were particularly distasteful movies I could hope to forget. Instructions Not Included finds heart and answers many questions all of us have asked about life. All the troubles and dismay we go through are for not, the very essence of where we have placed our hopes lie within the children we take care of and honestly there aren't any instructions included through the sobs, the laughs, and the peace we come to while they teach us how to grow.

Watch this movie and I promise you won't forget it and bring a box of Kleenex for your tears.

My wife dragged me to watch this, but...

Author: ag zv from United States
30 August 2013

I had the feeling that this movie was going to be a Mexican chicko - flicko, but it turned out to be a nice, enjoyable movie.

My guess is that Hispanics enjoy it more, specially adults, who even clap at the end of the movie.

Maybe I missed some of the jokes in the translation, because0 other people was laughing more than I did.

Nice changes in the mood through the story ... Do not expect the typical Hollywood movie, in which all is just action, or just jokes, or just a one thing during the whole movie. Here they move from the initial comedy to something more substantial .

At the end, you realized that the movie communicates a nice and important message.

You will walk out of three with more than just laughs .

I recommend the movie for those that want to see something different, that is worth watching .

Oscar, Oscar , Oscar

Author: rodcar999 from Miami, fla
29 August 2013

I've had the good fortune to see this movie twice. I will admit I was not keen on watching it because the trailer looks both campy and cheesy! With that said, I am glad I took a risk and went to see it, otherwise I would of missed the Masterpiece that is "Instructions not included!. It turned out to be one of the the most beautiful,tender, sweet, enlightening and powerful movies of my time. I will go as far as ranking it up there with "Imitation of life". The simplicity of this movie is what makes it it a gem that stands on its own. The acting by Eugenio Derbez ( one of Mexico's biggest stars) is just effortless. As for Loreto Peralta, who plays daughter Maggie there are no words to describe her acting chops, she is a both a revelation and a prodigy. She will win you over from the get-go. I wont say anything else about the movie other than it needs to be seen, and experienced. I can guarantee you will leave the theater speechless and elated. I hope that Mexico chooses "Instructions not included" as their contender for its Oscar submission. This movie is PURE GOLD!

Great job of Derbez!!!!

Author: abraham mendez from United States
30 August 2013

I just came back from seeing the movie of Eugenio Derbez" Instructions not Included ", and the truth is, it's great!! Excellent performance from Derbez and the little girl. It's one of those movies that you go out happy to have seen! Congratulations to Derbez, great job! Currently the Mexican films are giving very pleasant surprises for the audience, which in many times have not believed in the talent and scope of this new generation of filmmakers, this movie is going to win many awards and you will see that. At first I thought I would see a movie more than the classic that the mother will take away the kids from the father but no, this story is amazing. Actions and measures are great! I love this movie!!!!

Don;t judge a book by it's cover, this is the best film I've seen this year!!

Author: James nunez from United States
5 September 2013

I first saw this advertised as a trailer for Grown Ups 2 and thought this was going to be the latino Big Daddy. Afterall, this is the same guy who was in Jack and Jill as the gardener in that lame Sandler movie from 2011. I caught this movie as an advanced show and must say I was very surprised. The humor was fun but believable, and this movie has something few comedies do today---it has a heart. The story is simple, a play boy finds out he has a daughter and is left to raise her when the mother-who was a one time fling-abandons her at his doorstep. During the first six years of her life we see him grow from a selfish slacker to a responsible dad. Eventually, the father/daughter find themselves living in the US where dad is now a Hollywood stuntman--in a very funny bit--with his daughter as his coach and best friend. As you would expect, mom comes back and this is where the story gets serious. You might think you have seen this before but trust me, you haven't as there are so many twists and turns to surprise even the most cynical movie critic. what I enjoyed most about this film is the humanity in the story, it was believable, unlike the juvenile crap of the latest Sandler/Ferrell crap. This movie received a standing ovation from a packed theatre. Don't judge a book by it's cover, this is the best film I've seen this year.

Watch Out Hollywood, Eugenio Derbez is here to stay!

Author: vanessamedrano1 from Miami, Fl
1 September 2013

I had the privilege of attending the screening of Instructions Not Included in Miami last night. The movie is not only comedy, it has it all. Yes, it's funny but Eugenio made it so he didn't try to make you laugh, you just did. So many emotions that run through the audience watching it. You'll cry in some parts and immediately laugh. It was beautifully made. Since the beginning of the film to the end it holds your attention. Every character, every screen, everything just came together perfectly to create a film that leaves you with a smile in your face and heart!--- Vanessa M.

P.S. Many English speakers may not understand the jokes. Many will read the subtitles but the translation from Spanish to English change the context of what makes the joke funny. This happens in English to Spanish translation in movies also. But the movie is worth seeing. :)

Excellent! Very funny, unexpected, gives you a great lesson.

Author: Isabel Rubio from Pasadena, California
1 September 2013

I like comic movies but for a long time I had not seen a movie that I enjoyed so much. This movie is the opposite of Hollywood movies, that usually abuse of cursing, sex or drugs scenes. I think producers now a days think they make people laugh that way. So I used to left the theater wondering If I'd be happy that my little daughter watched that kind of movies when she grow up. BUT this movie is completely different. This movie gives you a message while having a great time and experiencing a lot of emotions. This time I left the theater wanting to came back the next day to see it again! And thinking of the most important things in life. Thank you Eugenio Derbez! No doubt the cherry on top was that I laughed in my own humor (Yahoo doesn't people allow to write this review in Spanish). Excellent acting of Eugenio Derbez, his wife Alessandra Rosaldo (Julie's partner) and overall everybody's acting, the story, and the production. The little girl is fantastic!

Yes, you will like it even if you don't speak Spanish ;)

Beautiful and so so Funny!!

Author: kobesdunk44 from Anaheim
2 September 2013

The movie is subtitled and I don't know Spanish, but I loved every second of this movie! I laughed with tears running down my eyes from beginning to end! The main actor throws himself into this movie and he and his new found daughter are SO charming together as she grows up. The girl who plays the daughter is perfectly cast and she is wonderful in this picture whether she is negotiating with movie directors or telling stories in her classroom, this little spark-plug steals every scene she is in! Go see this movie this week! My theater was packed and got a standing ovation! You will laugh and cry and then 2 seconds later, Laugh again way out loud!!

Great movie

Author: marcosebastian from United States
1 September 2013

I haven't seen something this good in a while. Of course, it's much better if you understand Spanish to be able to get a lot of the jokes and sarcasm, etc.

The cinematography was great for the storyline, and it's almost its own style I think. The colors, the storyline, and everything else just flowed right throughotu the movie, and it was definitely a roller coaster of emotions. You will laugh and cry throughout the movie, and it very subtly brings up a few issues we face today with parenthood, the court system in America, the basic needs of children, and the advantages of being wealthy.

Don't expect Hollywood with this movie, because the feelings you will get from watching it are different from your typical Hollywood film that follows a linear storyline to satisfy the expectations of the viewer. I think everything was great about it, no complaints because it's Eugenio's first film, crossover, and the little girl was a real great actress for acting for the first time of her life in anything.

Pregnant With Meaning, Amazing Movie

Author: Rose Pemberton from United States
1 September 2013

I believe Eugenio Derbez carried out a solid performance and worked very well with the little girl. I recommend this movie especially to Spanish speaking people. The directing is great. You'll find yourself lost in beautiful cinematic scenes and comical situations. The screenplay is amazing and very well-written. They mix Spanish and English quite cleverly and create scene's in which you'll find yourself either laughing gazing in amazement at how they could come up with that. You like the characters you're supposed to like and there are many surprises packed in this beautiful film that will make you think about life and fear and why it's worth taking risks.

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]