"Arrow" Legacies (TV Episode 2012) Poster

(TV Series)

(2012)

1 ReviewOrdered By: Helpfulness
It Just Keeps Getting Better!
Nathan Drake14 November 2012
This episode is the best one of the show so far, and brings a decidedly different tone to "Arrow". The antagonists here are not as black-and- white as the corrupt businessmen Oliver has been taking down. For the first time, Oliver deviates from the list, and it's a direction Diggle is intent on leading him down. We are beginning to see the makings of a hero in the hooded vigilante.

While the aforementioned criminals must be dealt with, of course, they took a backseat this week to the exploration of relationships between the characters. For the first time, Ollie's interactions with Thea and his mother seem truly believable, and they play off each other nicely.

"Legacies" did a fantastic job of making me actually care about the characters I've been watching on the screen for the past few weeks. Tommy Merlyn finally got some decent screen time here, and I've gone from finding his character shallow and annoying to enjoying his presence and looking forward to his appearances.

After last week's great "Damaged", I thought the standard had been set, and I wasn't sure how much better the show could get. "Legacies" eliminates any concerns I had about the future of "Arrow"; it is easily the best episode thus far, and sets the bar even higher for what is already turning out to be an amazing series.
15 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this