"How I Met Your Mother: The Magician's Code: Part 2 (#7.24)"
« Prev | 160 of 208 Episodes | Next »

Seri - wait for it - ously?

Author: bweitzma
14 May 2012

This episode was a giant step back for the series. After treading water for seasons, they finally committed to moving the story forward with the Season 6 finale and the Season 7 episode "Trilogy Time." Then the big "surprise" at the end of Season 7 was a re-commitment to two relationships we were told very early on will not persist. What's the point of tonight's episode? Trilogy Time and the revelation of Ted having a daughter in 3 years would have been a more fitting season finale.

Instead where do we stand? An entire season (or more) of learning how Barney and Robin getting back together, knowing all along she winds up with Don, and Ted and Victoria getting back together while we know the whole time that she's not the girl with the yellow umbrella (pending a Lost-level cop out where she somehow was in his class and it never came up while they dated).

HIMYM makes me laugh, and consistently is full of great acting and comedy. But this episode eliminated a whole lot of the good will the writers still have with me, as all I can walk away from it thinking is... "Why bother?"

Ending

Author: levi5
19 May 2012

Worst ending ever. How many times will they do the same trick? Ted loves Robin, how sweet, Barney loves Robin, oh , how cute. And when , for once Barney would marry a girl he loves and he is loved, here comes the same trick, oh my god, Robin loves Barney. How original. Do the screenwriters have ANY new idea? This series is destroyed , by doing the same exact thing again and again. The episode was pretty good, but that ending. Come on...

8 Or Higher

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
12 February 2015

Eight or higher is a rule Marshall and Lily impose on the gang. It is just as well the audience didn't impose that rule on the makers of "How I Met Your Mother" As this season has had more than a few "less than an 8" episodes

Plot In A Paragraph: Barney and Quinn struggle to get through airport security on their romantic getaway. Robin encourages Ted to call "The one that got away" Victoria whilst trying to get a family photo of Marshal Lily and Marvin Jr

Whilst the Barney storyline was a lot of fun, and I do like Becki Newton as Quinn, I feel all the work of making us like Quinn and root for her has been ruined by the revelation that he is getting married (As shown in the finale of season 6) to Robin. Its a massive step back for the show. Ted loves Robin, Robin loves Ted, they break up, Barney loves Robin, Robin loves Barney, they break up Robin loves Barney,nothing happens, Barney loves Robin, she rejects him. now BAM, back to that story!! Although I do like Robin and Barney better than Robin and Ted.

A massive plus is the return of Ashley Williams as Victoria, as she is my favourite of all Ted's women (Robin included) but we know she is not the mother as Ted said he met the mother at Barney's wedding. 'Trilogy Time' revealed Ted has a daughter in 3 years time, So going back to Victoria (as much as I like her) is another step backwards for the show.

The Magician's Code: Part 2 (#7.24)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
3 August 2015

Not a horrible episode but a huge disappointment for a season finale.

The thing with Victoria was kind of useless. We know she is not the mother. Even if there is a slight interest on what will happen it is not too strong as I am sure both her and Ted will just cool down from their panic and go on with their lives.

Barney's proposal to Quinn was beautiful. And then they reveal to us that that wedding of Barney where Ted meets the mother is his wedding with Robin. In a way I should be happy, but considering that I loved Quinn as a perfect match for Barney I am kind of disappointed. At least it will take some time until then, because as I remember Robin is still supposed to hook up with that guy from the club. Which is in a way not telling much good about upcoming season. So we will not know the other until the end, and all that season they will get Barney and Robin back together while we already know that it will happen? Not sure it sounds too great.

acting sucks and the story lacks any direction

Author: devvrathk
15 May 2012

to me it feels like, the director might have came to writer asking him to write a story for 1hr. writer as always have no clue of writing the story, so he went to cameraman, spot boy, garbage boy, cleaner, etc. They all gave him some suggestion. Writer who is a dumb-ass, instead of making a complete story took those bits and pieces and make some thing up to fill the 1/2 hr. That is how the first part got done.

I mean, in which world Barney was able to take the motorbike and start it. How did he got the motorbike key and if Barney took the bike, why didn't anyone else stole the bike.

so the drunk acting of Marshel is the worst you will have ever seen, its not funny. the part 1 was awful awful awful. with some random stories not hanging anywhere.

part 2 was going good, but than comes Victoria. WTF, again one more bull s**t

Also, in which world they have such stupid security at the airport. The Dog is barking, it is suspicious thing, can be bomb. In fact it also blast in the security room and the cops let him go.

the serial lacks any direction. the name of the serial should be "How I become MALE SLUT" which father in the world tells all this story to their kid, telling them that their mother was the last choice after Ted bang so many girls and he decided to settle down at the age of 34-37 (who knows) for some random girl.