IMDb > Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines (2012) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

This gives me hope...

Author: jery_revets from Belgium
19 October 2012

... for becoming an actor myself. I have no skill set whatsoever, have never acted before or starred in anything besides my own life..., i even was unable to play a rock in our pre-school play because i just don't have it in me. But still, i am confident and straight-forward in saying that this movie assures me of my future career as an actor. Please, directors or whoever fills his days with this crap, contact me to perform in the next Wrong Turn and it will be at least more successful then this one...

No... Really... I almost vomited at the acting job... And i'm used to drinking whisky from the bottle...

One of the weaker entries of the series

Author: Wizard-8 from Victoria, BC
23 October 2012

"Wrong Turn 5" continues the slasher tradition made by the previous four movies, but this time around the slashing is not just limited to the characters. The budget for this movie was slashed as well. Although the production travelled to Bulgaria to film in order to cut costs, the movie looks real cheap in a number of aspects. The town's street scenes are obviously a studio back lot, the interior rooms are very obviously sets, and the make-up for the hillbilly killers looks especially cheesy.

Further problems can be found in the screenplay. There are a number of plot issues that are murky or are simply not explained at all. The characters also do some really dumb things that I think even real people who are not highly intelligent would do.

As for the ingredients you expect in a movie like this - sex/nudity and gore - well, I admit the movie does score some points in these categories. There's gratuitous sex, and the gory moments get especially squishy at times. That stuff is certainly welcome, but I think even die hard slasher fans will admit that apart from that stuff, the movie doesn't really have that much else to offer that's positive. You'd be better off skipping this entry of the series and putting part 2 back in your DVD player for another run.

Amateur Hour

Author: re-1234 from England
18 October 2012

I have to start by saying that I did genuinely enjoy the first two Wrong Turn films,particularly the first. The third was in all honesty one of the worst movies I've ever seen,(definitely in my top 5-and I've seen Plan 9 From Outer Space!). The fourth part of the trilogy was a minor improvement on its predecessor but sadly WT5 brings us right back to the abysmal standard of 3.

The plot consists of this ; A small West Virginia Town is hosting the legendary Mountain Man Festival on Halloween, where crowds of costumed party-goers gather for a wild night of music and mischief. However, Lo and behold, Three Finger and his inbred family of hill-billies decide to treat themselves to a blood soaked feeding frenzy. This involves a group of visiting 'college kids'(who incidentally all look the wrong side of 30).

Initially, I thought the plot was fairly well thought out and had the potential to work. However, it doesn't work, the acting is medioace at best, despite the best efforts of the mostly British cast.For a start their accents slip a few too many times, with Roxanne Mckee being the most culpable. The cardboard cut-out sets, would look more at home in a 1960s Spaghetti Western (I found the exterior of the Sheriff Station especially funny). Those hoping that Doug Bradley (a name well known in the horror genre) would save the film will be sorely disappointed as his character comes across as frankly irritating and misogynistic. As silly as this may sound he just seems to repeat the same few sentences about "his boys coming to save him" on a loop for about 60 minutes. The complete lack of realism in virtually every part of the film ranges from being laughable to actually quite frustrating. For instance, for a Town celebrating a festival it seemed to be pretty dead (no pun intended). The hill-billies simply would not have had time to concoct such elaborate deaths for certain victims and still be on constant watch at the Sheriff station. The often ridiculous decisions made by the characters are beyond belief, on occasions, they are in mortal danger, however they choose to leave their weapons behind and walk into blatant traps. To cap it all, the funniest (unintentionally so) part of the film, is the complete indestructibility of the mutants who are variously stabbed in the neck, shot in the chest and shot in the leg. They carry on regardless and seem completely unaffected and never sustain any visible injuries.

The only small plus point for me was the laudable performance from Camilla Arfwedson, who despite not exactly looking like your average small Town Sheriff did a decent enough job with what she was given and you couldn't help but be on her side at least to some degree. Overall though, this film really was dire from start to finish and the wooden script did it no favours either. Its also important to note that even with a few "gory" kills there is no real suspense or engagement,it is in no way scary which I would assume is a fairly vital component for a horror movie.

Personally, I am beginning to lose faith with the WT franchise a little due to the once menacing mutants becoming quite comical characters and the sheer lack of investment in the production values of the films since Declan O'Brien took the helm after WT2. I think it may be time for an official reboot but I really cant see it happening. Anyway I rate this movie 2/10 and I think that may be slightly generous.

Stupid, Annoying and Unfunny Collection of Clichés

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
25 March 2013

In Fairlake, West Virginia, there is a festival during the Halloween called Mountain Man Festival. A group of college students hits the patriarch Maynard (Doug Bradley) of a hillbilly cannibal family on the road and they are arrested with Maynard by Sheriff Angela (Camilla Arfwedson). Soon his boys assault the Sheriff Station in a night of crime spree.

"Wrong Turn 5" is a stupid, annoying and unfunny collection of clichés. The characters are irritating and take the most imbecile attitude as possible. The town has a festival but it seems to be a ghost town. The story might have worked with humor, but the heavy hand of director Declan O'Brien makes a forgettable garbage. My vote is one (awful).

Title (Brazil): "Pânico na Floresta 5" ("Panic in the Florest 5")

...Another one ????

Author: jameszxcvbn from Australia
7 November 2012

As a fan of the Wrong turn movies (first and second), I was surprised that there was a 5th of the series that was released (I only found out yesterday while I was on the internet)...

To my interest I had to watch this version also. I honestly do not get why Declan O'Brien keeps experimenting with the wrong turn series... I mean he really messed it up from the 3rd, 4th wasn't any better but a 5th one ???

Really ???? The setting and the acting are both bad and don't have any intense to it (apart from the gory deaths). I think Declan O'Brien is making these just so that he could express his love for different gory deaths .....;;;

And why are the characters so dumb in Declan O'Brien versions of the Wrong turn series ????... honestly....

(Puke)

Author: iansmom99 from United States
22 December 2012

Declan O'Brien has pretty much destroyed the heart pumping, terrifying Wrong Turn franchise with his absurd sequels, WT3 is an exception though. First thing that's wrong with this is that someone gets slaughtered within in the first five minutes. Where is the build up of suspense or story development? The acting is obscene. The only decent performance is Camilla Arfwedson as 'Sheriff Angela'. However the gore/death moments are the same cheesy nonsense from the rest of O' Brien's sequels. I was honestly laughing through a lot of the movie. There is no horror. No suspense. No memorable performances or moments. Just another lame slasher flick. Stop producing sequels. How in the hell is this supposed to be respectable horror?!??

The worst horror movie ever

Author: v_minchev87
21 October 2012

I've seen a lot of horror movies, but this one is one of the worst. The plot is pretty typical of low budget film. I mean come on. We live in 21st century and you actually believe that some three retarded men can slaughter so many people in the middle of some town and get away with it? How can you make a film like this? There were guns, cars and everything else and yet they all died. BS. History also repeats again and there's not a drop of realism in what is filmed. Personally, I think the money spent on shooting this thing are thrown away and honestly I'm so sorry for wasting almost two hours of my life watching this "movie". My advice: Not worth your money, you will definitely be disappointed!

Worst Movies of 2012

Author: pronetas from Ireland
20 October 2012

Worst Movies of 2012 just got their new number one.I honestly thought after WT 4 they would stop making this movie or maybe invest more and make it better. But I guess they just made another Halloween flick. Talking about the teenage group I think they don't reflect today's American stupidity and disorganization I mean please you got guns you had cars you had 5 people who could shoot guns and still all of them slaughtered like a pigs. Sheriff - I think if i did not know better about women officers i would say that this shows how women cant do men's job. Why the hell gun had only 5 bullets ? she shot it 3 or 4 times at the truck in the middle of the movie and then at the end one shot and thats it empty .... screen writing if BAD cast is AWFUL, potato has more acting skills.

Don't RENT IT , Don't GO TO SEE IT , NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY, HONEST PILE OF BS.

Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines is totally tedious

Author: Argemaluco from Argentina
14 November 2012

I found Wrong Turn a solid re-invention of the "rural horror" established in the '70s by films such as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes; but I would have never imagined it would become a semi-successful franchise with four straight-to-DVD sequels, and with an alignment of villains destined to take a modest place in the gallery of famous cinematographic monsters. But here we are, 9 years after the first film, watching Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines and hoping it will continue the decent tendency of Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings...or fearing it will return to the boredom of Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead. Unfortunately, Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines ended up being the worst film of the franchise.

The premise of this saga has never been particularly original (a trio of deformed cannibal brothers killing tourists invading their territory), but in Wrong Turn, Wrong Turn 2: Dead End and Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings, it was handled with enough ingenuity in order to offer entertaining doses of visceral horror which didn't insult the audience's intelligence. Unfortunately, the screenplay of Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines is mostly composed of rampant stupidity and narrative incoherences. I initially thought that the music festival subject pretended to expand the story and bring a huge group of potential victims to the cannibals...however, screenwriter Declan O'Brien (who was also the director) abandoned the concept after 20 minutes, focusing the attention on half a dozen of insipid characters, while the "hundreds" of young people filling the streets are evaporated without any explanation.

Besides, none of the kills executed by the villains make any sense in the context of the film. Why do the cannibals spend so much time and effort preparing such exotic executions, when it had previously been established that they only kill in order to eat? The screenplay never explains satisfactorily that change of behaviour, and I only think that O'Brien wanted to take the franchise to "the next level", but lacked of the imagination, resources and justification in order to achieve it. At least, I have to say that the practical effects of latex and artificial blood are well done.

The cast from Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines brings horrible performances, with the exceptions of Doug Bradley and Camila Arfwedson, who both managed to bring appropriate performances despite how poorly written their characters were. In conclusion, this is a totally tedious horror film, and I suggest you not to waste your time and your money on it.

If they were trying to make the worst Wrong Turn ever...SUCCESS!

Author: MisterE2108 from United States
19 October 2012

OK, here we go. As horror fans we all would watch a Wrong Turn film even if was a Wrong Turn 17. Well let's just hope and pray that Wrong Turn 5 will be the last of the franchise, because this film has completely and totally destroyed any chances of any other wrong turn film becoming a hit or successful. Doug Bradley was so bad in this film that I felt bad for him knowing he's a horror icon. Bradley's acting was ridiculous, there were times in the film where he must've had a flashback and thought he was 'Pin Head', because I swear Bradley sounded like he was talking in his Pinhead voice?!...with quick puns and quotes even. Also, he was supposed to be the father of the 3 inbred mutant hillbillies, but why for the love all things sacred was he talking with a slight British accent?! The 3 mutant hillbillies were suppose to be the same three from WT4, but if you ask me, 2 of em shrunk down in size?! And the skinny mutant looked like he took great care of his hair, because it was long and flowing...lol. The make-up on these three were amateurish and at one point in the film I thought I seen one of the mutant's teeth slip out of place?! In my opinion the only one who took the acting gig serious was Camilla Arfwedson (who plays Sheriff Angela). But these fools even made her look ridiculous...why and how?...well because she is a small framed female, but these dummies used a (stunt) MAN dressed in her Sheriff's costume to break a glass store front door with the butt of a shotgun?! Other stupidity included having the gorgeous Roxanne McKee in love making and shower scenes and not show any sort of traditional horror film nudity?!...what a waste. But maybe she knew this film was going to be crap and didn't want to waste her delectable assets on something this bad....in that case, smart girl.

Lastly...where's all the people of the town?!...You can not tell me that EVERY single one of the townsfolk went to the festival?! Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines, is hands down the worst of the franchise, so see it at your own risk.

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]