IMDb > Dead in 5 Heartbeats (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

A Mind Changing MUST SEE

Author: azgrownhtc from Phx, AZ
6 April 2013

Dead in 5 Heartbeats creates and visually illuminates the origins and lives of a MC family by giving you a true look with an inside seat at what a "Club family" is truly like. Sonny Barger remained true as he has always been, in his signature no-nonsense style. He gives us outsiders a real look at where this one-percenter perspective is best embodied and not made up by the media in which they only seek their audience by using false catch phrasing and all bad no good habitual mindsets to continuously make all bikers the same and with no souls. As biographical as it is insightful, Dead in 5 Heartbeats also touches on the iconic Victory motorcycle, gives a brief history of how and what MC's truly stand for and theoretically in my opinion should virtually wipe out all those repeated, biased, unfairly negative portrayals of motorcycle clubs that due to mainstream media we all are forced to receive. I know many of these folks personally and as a small child growing up in Arizona, I know the good and Great in so many of them. Folks need to see its not all blood,guts, drugs n gore. These guys and their interwoven families are more than one sided. They can be the best folks you ever meet but as with any normal human with a soul they too can be your worst enemy when lines are crossed. We ALL HAVE THOSE LINES, MC families are no different. Dead in 5 Heartbeats is a Must See, you may find yourself and your opinions newly changed for the better....... FOREVER!

A movie well worth the ride

Author: John Cowgill from Albuquerque, NM
10 April 2013

I hopped on my bike at 8am Saturday morning April 6, 2013 and went for a 440 mile putt to meet Sonny, Patch and the crew and watch the 5:30pm showing of Dead in 5 Heartbeats. About 5 minutes after I arrived at the movie theater in Phoenix Arizona, I was standing outside and Sonny came riding up on his motorcycle and with him was Chuck Zito riding Patch's movie bike...what a bonus...Dead in 5 Heartbeats is by far the greatest biker film I've ever seen. I Spent the night in the Arizona desert under a cactus and could hardly sleep as the movie and events kept playing in my head. At 7am the next morning I rolled up my sleeping bag, fired up my bike and putted back to Albuquerque making it a 880 mile ride to watch a movie, and believe me I'd would do it again. Jeff Santo and the crew brought Sonny's novel to life...Don't wait for the movie to come to you, get on your bike and ride to it!!! John

Best Film I'll See All Year.

Author: tamara_shadle_5150 from Arizona
8 April 2013

The movie is excellent, 10 stars across the board. I wish I had gone on Friday & not Sunday because I would have paid to see it again & again!! I am a HUGE fan of independent films & Mr. Santo is a force to be reckoned with!! I look forward to seeing him & Mr. Barger collaborate in the future. They made 2 hours of cinematic gold & it was a refreshing change from all the garbage coming out of Hollywood these days. Normally I will not pay to go to the theater because I end up falling asleep within 30 minutes, NOT the case this time!! It kept my attention the entire film & I left feeling satisfied, not disappointed because there were a million unanswered loose ends. The main characters are highly realistic & the storyline takes an amazing twist at the end. I cried, laughed, & laughed so hard I cried. You WILL root for what society has undeservingly deemed "The bad guy" & if you knew nothing of MC's before, you will be awakened by the truth. LH&R. This film is a must see!!!!!

My impression of Dead in 5 Heartbeats

Author: Brian Ellard
17 April 2013

I saw this movie. I'm not a biker but loved it. It speaks to everyone about a need to hold on to what is real. The need to stand together for what is great about this country. Not about what is being taken away, though what is being taken away is always what makes us feel the need to hold on to what is ours. It's a timeless story that could have been about the old west or any era of time. A brotherhood that means more than just one group of people but groups of people realizing that they are working together for a common goal, in spite of the outside influences. This movie hit me and meant way more than I expected it to. It truly is the best of it's kind I have ever seen.

AWESOME! Is all I can say!

Author: sonnet-blair from Peoria, AZ
11 April 2013

I had the pleasure of watching a couple days of the movie shoot in person, and being able to participate in some scenes. I couldn't wait for it to come out. This weekend was the second time seeing the film. This is a must watch movie! There is action, comedy and drama. It's one bad-ass movie. Real people in real situations. Patch Kincaid is one touch guy and is a great actor in the movie.Jeff Santos did a awesome job putting the movie together, does not look like a independent film in the movie. Great work guys! Can't wait to purchase the DVD!! I would recommend it to everyone, biker or not. It will help everyone realize what a real MC is.

Sonny Barger Movie Dead In 5 Heartbeats

Author: Skyhawkusa from United States
9 April 2013

Must see movie.... My wife Olivia and I traveled to Az to be at the opening of Dead in 5 Heartbeats. It's the movie we have all been waiting for and more. If you have ever ridden a motorcycle you may owe Sonny some thanks for giving us all a heritage to live up to. Black leather and loud pipes don't make you a tough guy. The life of a motorcycle club member is the brotherhood we all seek. This movie gives a glimpse into a man that has the courage to ride free.. We got to meet the cast, and Sonny was as usual himself, gracious and welcoming. I have had the opportunity to meet Sonny a few years ago and ride on some of the rides he has during the year. I have always admired the way the rides are put together. He has, for a long while, talked about a movie that he wanted to make and now it has finally arrived. It is being well received and will be opening in other cities soon. I encourage any one who enjoys independent films and the mystique of motorcycle riding to see it.

Loved it and going again!

Author: thephatgal from Arizona
11 April 2013

First time I went into a movie theater in years and well worth it! Forget Sons of Anarchy (and stop wearing the damn shirts already!) and that other stupid show on Discovery that is supposed to be about "real bikers," and go to a movie that depicts the true lifestyle and brotherhood of the biker lifestyle. Some of the lines in the movie stuck with me and I will never drink tap water again! If you have a problem with some of the "acting" keep in mind that these are not actors. I highly doubt you will have problems with Jeff Black's acting though - purrr...and if you are lucky enough to get a Jeff sandwich hug from him and Jeff Santo then you are lucky enough! One word of advice: if you go with a group of friends make sure the lights aren't off when you go into the theater - damn bikers all look alike in the dark!

Good Movie

Author: onecrazymexican from United States
7 April 2013

I was at the first showing and enjoyed it so much I saw it again the same day. I saw things at the second showing that I missed the first time I watched the movie. Jeff was great as "patch" and most of the acting was done very well. I think that movie watchers are going to enjoy this movie as much as I know the riders that were in attendance during the first two days of the premier enjoyed watching fellow riders act in the movie. Don't wait for the DVD and go find it in a theater near you. The scene that Sonny was in was well played and the two young actors that played "Hollister" and "Nine inch" did a great job. I don't know if Sonny, Chuck Zito and other members of the motorcycle clubs are going to travel to the premiers, but here in Phoenix we were lucky to have many of the club actors attend the opening night festivities. Ride free!

Excellent Movie

Author: Ray Simmons (tokenred@aol.com) from Dixon, CA
30 May 2013

The trailers didn't do this film justice. The movie is 100 times better. I was expecting a very poor movie but walked away being throughly entertained. The story line is excellent. The film has its humorous scenes along with the serious dramatic scenes which intertwined through out the film keeping me deeply invested into the story. This film kind of reminded me of a modern day West Side Story but with more players. Since there were only 2 showings on one day, I couldn't attend more showing which I would have. Now I can't wait until the movie comes out on DVD. If you get the chance to view this film I would recommend that you get out there and see it. Even if you don't ride or belong to an MC you can and will still enjoy this movie without being lost. It was also an added surprise when attending the viewing when I saw the producer and other members of the production staff and the actors and actresses in attendance at the venue. They were approachable and answered questions without a problem.

all the dots are not connected.

Author: chikanatr from chicago
31 May 2014

Jeff Black did a great job... the script however had some holes in it. great movie, but I suspect that Sonny left out some things that would have made this much better had he not sold the original to Fox many moons ago. a lot of the acting was not good, ironically because most of the cast were real bikers. most of them probably felt quite awkward being filmed. I dunno , the message is there... but if you don't understand the life .. .you ain't ever gonna. all and all a great job with the directing and cinematography... I cannot complain. patch Kincaid shows a wide range of the human experience. the riding scenes are real.. very nice

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]