IMDb > "The Office" Turf War (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Office" Turf War (2012)

« Prev | 163 of 187 Episodes | Next »

A couple of laughs and a glimmer of hope

Author: John Johnson from Lincoln, Nebraska
6 May 2012

*** Slight bit of SPOILER hints about story arcs****** If you're reading this in the spring of 2012, then you must be a fan, and you know what an up and down struggle this season has been. I think most fans will agree that this episode wasn't too bad, and suddenly at the end it gives a glimmer of hope that they might actually find some solid footing for this series to continue on. I found most of this episode amusing and actually laughed out loud once or twice. There is a funny chase scene with Dwight and Jim versus a salesman from a different office, and Pam and Nellie have a bit of bonding. What this episode did most, though, was to bring us back to a realistic basis for the show. For me, the humor of this season didn't hold up too well, because we had moved the Office into a goofball alternative universe, Robert California style. But in the closing moments of this episode, when we lose all sympathy for Robert, they suddenly open the door to a much more plausible future. During this season this series has repeatedly tried to jump the shark; suddenly, against all odds, they look like they might rally and bring it back. At least for a couple of decent seasons. I hope so. Let's see.