IMDb > "The Office" Angry Andy (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Office" Angry Andy (2012)

« Prev | 161 of 187 Episodes | Next »

The Last Nail in the Coffin

Author: John Johnson from United States
20 April 2012

**** A Slight Amount of SPOILERS****** I hate to say this about a show that has brought me so much for so many years, but this episode was the worst I'd ever seen, a real disaster, and as we've been watching this patient sputter on life support, I think this episode will be the one that finished it off. This is the Jumping the Shark episode. The humor in this show has always relied upon exposing uncomfortable situations and joking about it, but there has always been a realistic tone to the situation. I don't want to go into it, but this episode revolved around Nellie humiliating Andy, culminating in a conference room meeting to talk about his sexual impotence with Erin. The writers, the directors and producers, and perhaps even the actors themselves, have lost all discipline. Utterly slack, sadly out of focus. For the first time ever I was embarrassed for the show as a whole. Really uncomfortable. I will miss this show. I've seen every episode. And I'll probably keep watching until they lay it in the ground.

*shakes head*

Author: J Klose from Dubai, UAE
21 April 2012

This is my first review on IMDb, unfortunately it's not a positive one. This would have to be one of most dull episodes of The Office ever made. It is depressingly sad that the show has gone down this path after a great first seven seasons.

Nellie takes Andys manager position, this scenario is getting dated. I feel the writers are being lazy by recycling themes. The usual Ryan & Kelly jealousy themed drama is getting tiring. Andy & Erin? Erins role has become boring and she probably should be written out of the show.

Nothing more to say than I wish I could get back that 23 minutes of my life.