IMDb > "Satyamev Jayate" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Satyamev Jayate" More at IMDbPro »

'Satyamev Jayate' is not just a show

Author: Ajay Sharma (As25793@ovi.com) from India
25 May 2012

Aamir Khan finally made his television debut with the highly talked about television show 'Satyamev Jayate'. While Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khans game shows were high on entertainment value, Aamir chose to be different. His highly emotional chat show, aims at bringing a change in the society. Real people and real stories form the strength of 'Satyamev Jayate'. First episode of the show aired today, focused on the issue of female foeticide in India. We come across such reports almost everyday in newspapers and news channels, but hardly pay any attention. Aamir Khan deserves an applause for bringing up such a sensitive issue and presenting it in a hard hitting way.

This was followed by interviews with experts, doctors and media persons as well. Footage of a sting operation done seven years ago by two reporters was also included in the show. Cost of a girls murder is just Rs 2000, and how casually medical professionals talk about it is shocking. The only light moment in the entire 90 minute show was Aamirs conversation with some young men from a Haryana village. They are all unmarried as the number of girls in their village is extremely low. From interviews, bar charts to video conferencing, different formats used in the show enhanced the impact of the message. In past, we have seen shows like Aap Ki Kachehri with Kiran Bedi and Rakhi Ka Insaaf, trying to establish a connect with the common man. However, Aamir Khans Satyamev Jayate surpasses all of them in terms of content and appeal as well.

Aamir completely understands the pulse of TV audiences. The daily soap obsessed Indian viewers will like the show as its high on emotional drama. Known as a perfectionist in Bollywood, Aamirs presence on the show will increase its mass appeal as well. 'Satyamev Jayate' is not just a show

Execellent program by Amir. Good use of Television

Author: Rajesh Kankavlikar (rajeshkankavlikar@gmail.com) from India
15 May 2012

I really liked the initiative taken by Amir Khan. Creating awareness across India. Hope this will open the minds of many & help people. Very good use of television. I sensible program which should be watched by every Indian. I was shocked after watching the stats of wrong practices happening in India. Felt really bad what people have been through. This program will also help our new generation. Really looking forward to this program. Thank You Amir Khan. Admire your Hard Work taken for this mission. This program is not like other programs, it really has a purpose. There is a meaning to it & if followed India will be an even better place. I really wish this show continues & also solve the problems faces in society. Jai Hind !!

Incredible ! incredible !! incredible !!! show

Author: Mangesh Gaikwad (mangeshmila@gmail.com) from Mumbai
17 November 2014

I watch Satyamev Jayate on YouTube & sometimes on T.V. its a great show & being host by Aamir Khan is wonderful. Its indigenously a thoughtful , awakening show. Its a beacon light for millions of people. It creates awareness about the backward regions of India & show us the other side of the coin. The show focuses on sensitive social issues prevalent in India such as female foeticide, child sexual abuse, rape, honour killings, domestic violence, untouchability, alcoholism, and the criminalization of politics. It aims to bring the great achievements of people which often go unnoticed in order to encourage the audience to achieve their goals no matter what comes in between. It also aims to empower citizens with information about their country, and urge them to take action. Thank you Satyamev Jayate & Aamir Khan...

Great TV Show Ever !!! A Eye Opener

Author: suraiyak139 from Bangladesh
20 December 2014

I Just Greatly Influenced By The show. It Not Just A t show it can change our society. Film superbly does its job as a social responsibility educator. The film finishes on a relatively positive note, showing that if we act now, we can in fact make the necessary change. The amount of research Aamir and his team has put into the show was clearly visible with the facts and figures presented. Every aspect of the issue was covered with great diligence. The show began with some shocking stories of mothers who struggled to give birth to their girl child and how they are bringing them up now. Contrary to our assumption, educated people from big cities foster such practices. On the show, Mitu Khurana who is a doctor by profession revealed how her in-laws tortured her when they found out that she was pregnant with twin girls. Wife of an orthopedic surgeon, Mitu's story was an eye opener for all.

The only light moment in the entire 90 minute show was Aamirs conversation with some young men from a Haryana village. They are all unmarried as the number of girls in their village is extremely low. From interviews, bar charts to video conferencing, different formats used in the show enhanced the impact of the message. Its indigenously a thoughtful , awakening show. Its a beacon light for millions of people. It creates awareness about the backward regions of India & show us the other side of the coin. The show focuses on sensitive social issues prevalent in India such as female foeticide, child sexual abuse, rape, honour killings, domestic violence, untouchability, alcoholism, and the criminalization of politics.

Lifeline to the Small Screen

Author: Muneeb Bhat from Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
4 June 2012

Aamir Khan has lived up-to expectations and his reputation. This TV series is an excellent piece of work. The small screen was dying a slow death in India and this Series has provided a lifeline to it. What I like the most about the show is the amount of research done by its crew before presenting the issues to the audience. Moreover, the issues are not over-exaggerated which makes it graceful. I liked the episode which highlighted the malpractices of doctors in India the most. The other good attribute to the show is that it is being presented in Hindi which, I believe, makes it understandable to the common illiterate masses as well. I want to suggest that the show must, at least, help those affected who they bring on the show. This will make it a movement which everyone would like to join and follow. I give this show 10/10.

truth must prevail.......

Author: deviltrap from india
10 June 2012

it's not a show about drama,love, comedy,it's not about all the good things or bad things happening in the world......it is about the dark but true stories nd mistakes we try to hide in a dark store so that no one see's it ...nd we continue with our fake life in the name of happiness.... but thats the nature of truth it always comes out....better try to admit it instead of lying forever in the name of our selfishness. BECOZ AT LAST TRUTH ALWAYS WIN.....moreover watch it not just for your sake but for our India

JAI HIND !!!

ENOUGH SAID

NOW JUST ENJOY ND LEARN SOMETHING B4 IT GETS TOO LATE...

My Experiment with truth.......By Aamir & Crew

Author: Balu Jagadish from India
5 June 2012

Well....I simply watched the show because of Aamir khan....I'm a huge fan....but i soon realized this show isn't like any other shows....This show isn't for entertainment.....This show isn't even about Aamir anymore......it's about finding the truth.....The ugly naked truth.....Each episode deals with an ugly truth.that turn out to be The topics are often controversial or sensational......We may think we know all about the topic of discussion but you'll be amazed to find out the whats really happening in our own country the facts are astonishing and quite Unbelievable .....Well we have seen many game shows....many reality show....but this is not a show....it's more of a documentary.... ....although there are similar show like this....I have a feeling that this will reach out to people......Coz it is for a good & greater cause........Aamir Khan always stands out among the others khans........This shows Tells u why....???

....."Truth will always Win".... Mahatma Gandhi

Aamir Khan's great work in bringing out the bitter truth of our society.

Author: GaneshKSalian from Bahrain
28 June 2012

Satyamev Jayate is a brilliant idea derived by Aamir Khan.

It glorifies the ugly,dirty truth of our society.Nevertheless the show does captivate you.

After watching the show I felt that Aamir Khan has done a fabulous,great work in bringing out the truth and creating awareness among all,the masses as well as the elites.

All in all,Satyamev Jayate is an excellent piece of work by Aamir Khan and his team.I am giving it a nine on ten.This show is a must-watch!

I would like to end this review with Mahatma Gandhi's quote:

"Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear."

Less Innovative

Author: chandruishwar from bangalore
5 August 2014

Apparently India is a home to numerous crimes that goes unseen and with no justice. I am not any khan's fan in particular. I was as enthusiastic as everybody were when i saw aamir khan in social work. Aamir khan is doing a good job by bringing dark lives of victims to the television. With this show we have a clear picture of how cruel a human can be. Sharing the events of lives gives a great relief and an opportunity to speak out for the victims.It also gives a brief idea on how to react in a helpless situation. I really admire aamir for giving his suggestions and a message to the people of India. surely no khan's or actors can fit for this show than aamir khan and he has proved it.

That's the one face of the show but let me discuss the other face. The vision and motivation of this show are clearly out of line. Though creating awareness is a great thing but eventually it's not going to stop any kind of crimes. Eventually the one who is committing crime will not be watching this show.This show on the other hand looks like an attempt to increase TRP and make money by displaying emotional content by shedding tears using the most admired and loved actor in it. clearly if the creator of this show is concerned about social issues in India then aamir khan should help these victims or others by financially or other way. we already have a lot more shows like this which are more effective than this..for example crime patrol is one good show where many people get an opportunity to act and make some penny for living.Apart from that it is very well directed and beautifully shown.where as this is less innovative with only one person earning crores of rupees just sitting and talking with the victims. The only thing which attracts people to this show is that it has aamir khan who has an image he created with movies like tare zameen par,3 idiots etc..he is a great actor no doubt in that. I can say this is no different than daily saas bahu serial except the fact that stories are real and their emotions too.I am not jealous of aamir or anyone but I really don't like the fact that actor like aamir khan are making money by shedding tears and broadcasting emotional and hurting content on television. I would greatly appreciate if he does this show without any remuneration or earnings and use it for a social service. If you think i am wrong then sorry that is how i perceive it and may that is one of the reason to air this show.

awesome man. an eye opener.

Author: fella_shibby from India
5 November 2013

Frightening realizations and insightful discussion -- You owe it to yourself to see this serial A great documentary that is a must see, especially for all INDIANS I think every person needs to watch this as the issue effects us all. An inspiring documentary Thumbs Up To aamir khan For Caring About social awareness with an important cautionary message

Film superbly does its job as a social responsibility educator. The film finishes on a relatively positive note, showing that if we act now, we can in fact make the necessary change. It certainly leaves you thinking about your own way of life and how you can change little things here and there to do you bit for humanity.