IMDb > "Satyamev Jayate" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Satyamev Jayate" More at IMDbPro »

'Satyamev Jayate' is not just a show

Author: Ajay Sharma (As25793@ovi.com) from India
25 May 2012

Aamir Khan finally made his television debut with the highly talked about television show 'Satyamev Jayate'. While Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khans game shows were high on entertainment value, Aamir chose to be different. His highly emotional chat show, aims at bringing a change in the society. Real people and real stories form the strength of 'Satyamev Jayate'. First episode of the show aired today, focused on the issue of female foeticide in India. We come across such reports almost everyday in newspapers and news channels, but hardly pay any attention. Aamir Khan deserves an applause for bringing up such a sensitive issue and presenting it in a hard hitting way.

This was followed by interviews with experts, doctors and media persons as well. Footage of a sting operation done seven years ago by two reporters was also included in the show. Cost of a girls murder is just Rs 2000, and how casually medical professionals talk about it is shocking. The only light moment in the entire 90 minute show was Aamirs conversation with some young men from a Haryana village. They are all unmarried as the number of girls in their village is extremely low. From interviews, bar charts to video conferencing, different formats used in the show enhanced the impact of the message. In past, we have seen shows like Aap Ki Kachehri with Kiran Bedi and Rakhi Ka Insaaf, trying to establish a connect with the common man. However, Aamir Khans Satyamev Jayate surpasses all of them in terms of content and appeal as well.

Aamir completely understands the pulse of TV audiences. The daily soap obsessed Indian viewers will like the show as its high on emotional drama. Known as a perfectionist in Bollywood, Aamirs presence on the show will increase its mass appeal as well. 'Satyamev Jayate' is not just a show

Execellent program by Amir. Good use of Television

Author: Rajesh Kankavlikar (rajeshkankavlikar@gmail.com) from India
15 May 2012

I really liked the initiative taken by Amir Khan. Creating awareness across India. Hope this will open the minds of many & help people. Very good use of television. I sensible program which should be watched by every Indian. I was shocked after watching the stats of wrong practices happening in India. Felt really bad what people have been through. This program will also help our new generation. Really looking forward to this program. Thank You Amir Khan. Admire your Hard Work taken for this mission. This program is not like other programs, it really has a purpose. There is a meaning to it & if followed India will be an even better place. I really wish this show continues & also solve the problems faces in society. Jai Hind !!

Great TV Show Ever !!! A Eye Opener

Author: suraiyak139 from Bangladesh
20 December 2014

I Just Greatly Influenced By The show. It Not Just A t show it can change our society. Film superbly does its job as a social responsibility educator. The film finishes on a relatively positive note, showing that if we act now, we can in fact make the necessary change. The amount of research Aamir and his team has put into the show was clearly visible with the facts and figures presented. Every aspect of the issue was covered with great diligence. The show began with some shocking stories of mothers who struggled to give birth to their girl child and how they are bringing them up now. Contrary to our assumption, educated people from big cities foster such practices. On the show, Mitu Khurana who is a doctor by profession revealed how her in-laws tortured her when they found out that she was pregnant with twin girls. Wife of an orthopedic surgeon, Mitu's story was an eye opener for all.

The only light moment in the entire 90 minute show was Aamirs conversation with some young men from a Haryana village. They are all unmarried as the number of girls in their village is extremely low. From interviews, bar charts to video conferencing, different formats used in the show enhanced the impact of the message. Its indigenously a thoughtful , awakening show. Its a beacon light for millions of people. It creates awareness about the backward regions of India & show us the other side of the coin. The show focuses on sensitive social issues prevalent in India such as female foeticide, child sexual abuse, rape, honour killings, domestic violence, untouchability, alcoholism, and the criminalization of politics.

Incredible ! incredible !! incredible !!! show

Author: Mangesh Gaikwad (mangeshmila@gmail.com) from Mumbai
17 November 2014

I watch Satyamev Jayate on YouTube & sometimes on T.V. its a great show & being host by Aamir Khan is wonderful. Its indigenously a thoughtful , awakening show. Its a beacon light for millions of people. It creates awareness about the backward regions of India & show us the other side of the coin. The show focuses on sensitive social issues prevalent in India such as female foeticide, child sexual abuse, rape, honour killings, domestic violence, untouchability, alcoholism, and the criminalization of politics. It aims to bring the great achievements of people which often go unnoticed in order to encourage the audience to achieve their goals no matter what comes in between. It also aims to empower citizens with information about their country, and urge them to take action. Thank you Satyamev Jayate & Aamir Khan...

A must watch. Awesome stuff. 10/10.

Author: Takethispunch from Greenland
4 June 2017

The first episode focused on the issue of female foeticide in India. The show began with some stories of mothers who struggled to give birth to their girl child. The first guest on the show was Amisha Yagnik from Ahmedabad. Yagnik was forced by her husband and in-laws to abort her female unborn children six times in a span of eight years and further shared her experiences in finally giving birth to a daughter. The second guest, Parveen Khan from Morena, Madhya Pradesh shared the story of her husband disfiguring her face by biting it, when she insisted on giving birth to a female child against his wishes. Another guest, doctor Mitu Khurana from Delhi was asked by her orthopaedic surgeon husband and in-laws to abort her girl twins 20 weeks after conceiving. Her story helped dispel the perception and myth among people that the abhorrent practice of female foeticide is practised only by rural people or those living in small towns or is confined only to lesser educated people.

The show claimed that according to 2011 Census, the rate at which the unborn female child is killed amounts to killing off 1,000,000 girls a year and there were 914 girls for every 1,000 boys.

Review - Styamev Jayate

Author: Varun Chaudhary
1 September 2016

Sathyamev Jayathe Creating The Awareness Of every persons

Author: (azhar.azhar255@gmail.com) from India
5 October 2015

Sathyamev Jayathe Creating The Awareness Of every persons It is really Good Show....My Favorite Show Is A ball can Change The World I never Forget This Show....Religion i don't Believe it. I believe Human Beings The show became an instant hit with critics and audience, who praised the originality and the research put in by Aamir Khan and team on the various social ailments that plague India.We should have a show in India to bring up those talented person (A Beautiful Mind) who either has went into darkness of corrupted India or busy to earn bread & butter for his family. I thought of this show to be one of them...As again one or other the show is good!!

Lifeline to the Small Screen

Author: Muneeb Bhat from Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
4 June 2012

Aamir Khan has lived up-to expectations and his reputation. This TV series is an excellent piece of work. The small screen was dying a slow death in India and this Series has provided a lifeline to it. What I like the most about the show is the amount of research done by its crew before presenting the issues to the audience. Moreover, the issues are not over-exaggerated which makes it graceful. I liked the episode which highlighted the malpractices of doctors in India the most. The other good attribute to the show is that it is being presented in Hindi which, I believe, makes it understandable to the common illiterate masses as well. I want to suggest that the show must, at least, help those affected who they bring on the show. This will make it a movement which everyone would like to join and follow. I give this show 10/10.

truth must prevail.......

Author: deviltrap from india
10 June 2012

it's not a show about drama,love, comedy,it's not about all the good things or bad things happening in the world......it is about the dark but true stories nd mistakes we try to hide in a dark store so that no one see's it ...nd we continue with our fake life in the name of happiness.... but thats the nature of truth it always comes out....better try to admit it instead of lying forever in the name of our selfishness. BECOZ AT LAST TRUTH ALWAYS WIN.....moreover watch it not just for your sake but for our India

JAI HIND !!!

ENOUGH SAID

NOW JUST ENJOY ND LEARN SOMETHING B4 IT GETS TOO LATE...

My Experiment with truth.......By Aamir & Crew

Author: Balu Jagadish from India
5 June 2012

Well....I simply watched the show because of Aamir khan....I'm a huge fan....but i soon realized this show isn't like any other shows....This show isn't for entertainment.....This show isn't even about Aamir anymore......it's about finding the truth.....The ugly naked truth.....Each episode deals with an ugly truth.that turn out to be The topics are often controversial or sensational......We may think we know all about the topic of discussion but you'll be amazed to find out the whats really happening in our own country the facts are astonishing and quite Unbelievable .....Well we have seen many game shows....many reality show....but this is not a show....it's more of a documentary.... ....although there are similar show like this....I have a feeling that this will reach out to people......Coz it is for a good & greater cause........Aamir Khan always stands out among the others khans........This shows Tells u why....???

....."Truth will always Win".... Mahatma Gandhi