IMDb > "Hollywood Heights" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Hollywood Heights"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Hollywood Heights" More at IMDbPro »

Unexpected Awesomeness

Author: oceanangel101 from United States
7 July 2012

Hollywood Heights is like the angel version of gossip girl, set in Hollywood but still has all those sexy couple scenes and hook-ups. Nickelodeon isn't very well-known for creating television shows that fall under drama, sophisticated and definitely for teens, like ABC Family or CWTV is. But Nickelodeon's Nick@Nite creation of Hollywood Heights is pure genius. Because it doesn't center around just one main character but instead multiple stories that all somehow connect with each other, the show is intriguing and fun. It's also realistic and relatable because it touches light on fangirls and how far they'd go to meet their idol, while also giving an inside look on the said idol's life. You can go to the show's website for character profiles and how each character is connected. As well as spoiler alerts and videos/full episodes. Currently, the first ten episodes are free on iTunes- and they would be worth every penny if the normal cost was still up. ($2.99) You may think that Hollywood Heights is not your forte, and maybe it isn't; but you never known unless you try. As the audience you instantly connect and feel for characters that in real life come across as cold and rude. A really cool thing about Hollywood Heights, unlike other Nickelodeon shows, is that it's not obvious set. It feels like the show is being filmed in a real home or a real club, etc. And, as a fan of other shows like The Lying Game, Nikita, Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Make it or Break it, The LA Complex, Victorious- a wide array, obviously- I can promise you and everyone else that Hollywood Heights is a fantastic show and deserves a shot.

Addictive show!!

Author: Kdebbo from United States
7 August 2012

Very addictive show... Cannot wait for each new episode!!! Recommend this show to anyone who likes a good, romantic, suspenseful, drama...this is your show. My favorite parts of the show are the ones with the two main characters Eddie & Loren!!!! Cannot get enough of this show!! The only negative thing I can say about the show is there are a few actors who are less then impressive in there acting abilities.. Main person being Nick Krause who plays Adam one of Loren's high school friends. The other character I could do with out is Dr. Don, annoying is all I can say. If you are going to start watching this show would highly recommend first catching up from the beginning episodes to the current episodes so you can fully understand all of the drama going on and appreciate the relationships and friendships. All in all excellent show and hope there will be more seasons!!

Better rating then credited

Author: supasleepy from New Jersey
1 October 2012

While I understand that there may have never been plans for a season 2 of this show I certainly hope decisions outside of the original plan are not determined based on the typical Gallup poll. Seems like most networks are still measuring the likability of a TV show based on who is watching the show at the regularly scheduled time but in this day and age of DVR's, TiVo, online viewers and social media trending there is a lot more to measure for the success of a show then the typical polls used 10 years ago. If you look at the amount of fans and followers of the various hash tags and cast on Twitter alone you can see how well this show is actually doing in the fans eyes. And if you were on the fence about having another season that should be reason enough. Seems like there is so much more that can be done with these story lines to continue for at least another season. At this point ending it where it is at would be leaving your loyal fans of 4 months 5 days a week hanging with no resolution and that is really pretty horrible to do to the dedicated fans (including myself) who want to see where this can go. Before making a decision please break away from the old ways of measuring success and look at all of the new ways this this new generation uses.

Hollywood Heights is Amazing

Author: kimberlyg05 from United States
15 August 2012

I cant get enough Hollywood Heights.The storyline is great, I was not wanting to watch the show but my 11 year old pleaded with me. It is now my show, I am not a big fan of Todays TV shows, but this one won my heart. it is the only TV show i watch and I must tell you I am very upset that its coming to an end. you have a hit people just haven't seen it yet, because if they have it would be the number one show. Im o,over 40 (shhh.) but if I was younger I would be all about Eddy Duran (Cody). him and Loren are so cute love them together. Max no Norma i am available. but for the shows sake you have to hook up with Nora. Adrianna what a great character(i feel so sorry for her, and her dad wow so not in tuned with her. like many parents today. this show is a 100% awesome. thank you for finally getting it right. i will definitely be following you all. i am impressed and in love with the characters. great job to everyone even those i dislike (chloey and Tyler).

Awesome Show

Author: Sandy James from US
27 August 2012

Alright, if I had reviewed this show when it first started it would not have rated high (5ish)...but let me tell you that is has gotten SO much better, and it's as addictive a guilty pleasure as anything else!!! You should watch it, if you can afford it buy all episodes on Amazon and DVR all new ones and have fun :) HOPE THIS SHOW GOES ON FOREVER!!! It deserves a 9/10 rating now, and it's only getting juicier!! Great cast of characters, acting isn't great, but it's a soap so you know what I can look past that. Love how everything just "fits", story's and plots are great...kudos on casting, it just has great potential and I hope and pray it is given a good change to shine; more and more people will find this gem of a show and be as happy as I am. Brings a much needed escape from real life, so kick back and watch you won't regret it =)

Surprise

Author: Eden Roberson from United States
11 July 2012

I expected to hate this show right off the bat and only watched the first episode because nothing else was on TV. But right away I was hooked and found myself anxiously waiting for every new episode. I was a bit shocked that it's on Nick@Nite though even though at night it's more of an adult's channel it's still fairly pg-13 when it comes to romance and Hollywood Height while it doesn't show EVERYTHING it shows hot make-out sessions and clothes being torn off, and by then I think anyone could figure out what's going to happen.

I would imagine it's more of a girl's or perhaps a less than straight man's show but I recommend for anyone to just give it a shot.

"Hollywood Heights" Summary

Author: Smart Person from Sweden
8 November 2012

The most exciting and unpredictable t.v. series is "Hollywood Heights". "Hollywood Heights" is infused with romance, jealousies, and many events that people never see coming. This show was directed by Noel Maxam. Whenever you think everything is tremendous something dangerous happens. Some events that made the show exciting and addictive is when Loren gets a her big break to become a singer. Meanwhile, other events is when Eddie gets in the car the crash, when Phil is extremely close to getting thrown in jail, and Chloe's scam on Eddie.

In addition, the actors that play in "Hollywood Heights" do a breathtaking job in this show. However, the two main characters are played by Cody Longo(Eddie Duran) and Brittany Underwood(Loren Tate); they do a marvelous job at acting and they really know how to play the part. Nevertheless, in this show there a lot of actors. Ashley Holliday(Melissa Sanders), Haley King(Adrianna Masters), and Brandon P Bell(Jake Madsen). There are numerous actors and they all play a great role in this show. Lastly with out the actors the show is nothing.

Furthermore, "Hollywood Heights" has everything you would want a show to have. The have romance, jealousies, and so much more. Ultimately, the romance is in every episode, ever corner they round in the show there is always romance right there. What is a show without jealous girls in them. Jealousies starts when Loren meets Eddie, there is a spark but most girls do not correspond to that well. Typically, in every t.v series there are always events that no one see coming. This show boils with events that are everywhere; there are behind every door in every episode. Finally, "Hollywood Heights"is a fantastic and addiction show that has many twists and turns in it.

On the other hand, the directer could have made it a little bit more infused with drama and Chloe's insane plans to get Eddie back. Even though, this movie has so much drama and romance, there could have been more to make it more interesting. Although, of there more drama, romance, jealousies and s much more it would make the show even more addictive then it was before.

Whenever, I would watch this show it was amazing and I got hooked on it after watching the first, two, or three shows. Eventually, in the middle of the show it gets so intense because you never know what will happen next. Meanwhile, you have to wait to find out what is going to happening next on show when the new episode comes out; but luckily it came out the next day! Finally, once you get hooked on this show it is ever hard to desistance yourself from the show!

In conclusion, is "Hollywood Heights" a unpredictable and exciting show? Yes, because everything is intense and you never know what is going to happen next! It is kinda hard to look into the future because "Hollywood Heights" is only a one season show, but I hope that the director see's that a lot of people are hooked on the series and that they make another season and more to come after that. Lastly, "Hollywood Heights" is a great and amazing show , the actors play the parts marvelously and they should make a another season because the show is addictive!

So Addictive!

Author: Kelsea_Hollowell from United States
8 August 2012

OMG!!!! i love to watch this show its so amazing. it has quite a lot of romance and eye catching relationships. Not knowing what will happen in the next episode. I have 5 hours and 20 minutes till the next episode and it's so good i want to go read spoilers to see what will happen with Eddie and Loren.. This show falls in my must watch category with PPL and Beverly Hills Nannies. I never liked soaps but this is a amazing.. This show is more for like 14 and up at least.. There is scenes (Very Few) that you might not want 13 and below to see. If you love the feeling of being on the edge of your seat for the who show and dieing to know what is still to come this is for you.. If you are looking to watch this show i would go to nick at night and watch the previous episodes to catch up. I truly hope that they will make a season 2 *wink wink producers and writers*. Go and watch this show

Amazing!!!

Author: decemberbreeze from United States
1 October 2012

Hollywood Heights is a show I came across by accident but fell in love it immediately. The story lines are intriguing and there is always so much drama! The music is great! The characters are people you can connect to and root for or absolutely hate which makes it a must watch for me and my family. It would be a tragedy for the show to end now forever. There are a million ways the story lines could continue and it would be extremely shortsighted to end the show where it is at. There are so many things I want to know still, so much that cannot be resolved in the couple days remaining. I hope very much that the show gets picked up for a second season. I do not regret for one moment starting this amazing show. I recommend watching the episodes online anytime. This is one of the few shows that my husband and I can watch with our son. It is rare to find something that we all enjoy!

Please bring this show back for a second season.

Author: Daphne Jean from Louisiana
28 September 2012

I LOVE the show. I think more people need to watch it. It should be moved to a different channel. Its an adult show not a kids show. Please everyone rate this show amazing. I want it to come back for a second season! The love story between Eddie and Loren rocks. I really want to see how far her career gets. I wanna know what happens to Phil. I wanna know if Dr. Masters is still alive. I really miss One life to live and All my children. this show makes up for that. They never should of took those two shows off the air. They should of just moved them to a different time so people could watch them. Hollywood Heights comes on at the perfect time. You don't have to worry about missing it. and I wouldn't miss it for the world anyway. I look forward to seeing it every night.