IMDb > Teri Meri Kahaani (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Teri Meri Kahaani

Teri Meri Kahaani More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Innovative but overall falls short

Author: silvan-desouza from India
19 September 2012

Kunal Kohli returns after a hiatus with TERI MERI KAHAANI, the film has a novel concept but it fails to appeal to the audiences. The film is divided into 3 stories, all having Shahid and Priyanka but there is no re birth and all. The first story is of a struggling musician Shahid and an actress Priyanka, the story is well handled and Shahid-Prachi scenes are cute and the sudden change of event is well handled The second story also is good no doubt but nothing unusual about it though the twitterati is well justaxposed and the story does seem believable and then we have 1910 story where Shahid plays a Muslim poet and here too some portions are well handled like Shahid joining the struggle, but the culmination is predictable The way Kunal Kohli concludes all stories however deserves a mention though A problem with the film is the pace dips many times making the viewer impatient, also those expectating something hatke will get irritated with the predictability, even the romantic portions aren't too involving many times

Kunal Kohli tries something hatke but the writing does spoil things Music is superb, Humse Pyaar Kar Le, Uff are the best songs, Muktassar is superb too Dialogues are good, especially ones mouthed by Javed(Shahid, 1910)

Shahid Kapur yet again experiments and plays 3 roles however barring Javed character rest all have a deja vu feeling yet he plays all 3 well and does a superb job as Javed especially Priyanka Chopra too gets to play 3 different roles and does well in all 3 Amongst rest Prachi Desai is good, Neha Sharma is okay in a cameo Surendra Pal and Vrajesh Hirjee are adequate

Brilliant

Author: Dev Pareek from Dubai
25 December 2012

I saw the movie and than saw the reviews...What I can say is I am disappointed in the reviews and not the movie. I felt like clapping at the end of the movie..It was wonderfully acted,directed but due to the poor promotion moderately received. I can only say that when u watch the movie try to see the magic that surrounds it. 1 of the reviews said that it feels like 3 love stories well it is. It is not focusing on anything else it jest says love is true no matter the situation. I would give it 4.5/5 but as others gave it 3 i give it 5/5. And if u watch it with the one you love it might just add another layer of magic to your love...

Simple Story But Very Well Handled

Author: garfyldrox from Philippines
13 November 2012

First of, I'd like to mention that this movie is by no means, perfect in any way. Yes, it can get unrealistic in many scenes, the stories are very simple, among other faults. But I'd still recommend it.

Like I said, it tells an age old story (3 to be exact) set in 1910, 1960 and 2012: Boy meets girl under unusual circumstances, they hit it out, fall in love, the meet a hurdle, but end up together anyway. But knowing that, one becomes more interested if this would be the same rehash containing boring scenes and overused dialogues. Not in this case. In fact I'd like to point out that the dialogues are extremely well written.

Shahid Kapoor plays an out of work guitarist(1960), a student(2012) and a womanizing poet(1910). I loved his performance as the poet. Here, the actor showed his versatility in handling the roles.

Priyanka Chopra plays an actress(1960), a student(2012) and a rebellious albeit conservative girl (1910). She has great presence on screen and I liked her portrayal in the 1910 storyline. One of the last scenes where she goes to the mosque right before her beloved's wedding to another girl is heartbreaking.

The main characters had sizzling chemistry. They complement each other pretty well on screen.

The 1960 storyline started off whimsical and funny at times. I liked the parallelism of the start and the end. It's an age old device but it worked.

The 2012 storyline could have been expanded a bit more and made a little bit more interesting. But they made their point about the hazards caused by social media.

I loved the 1910 storyline the most. I loved their poetic back and forth. Since I had to rely on English subtitles, I'm fairly certain lost of poetry has been lost in the translation from Hindi. But still, they made sense to me and I understood most of them.

I liked the song with the movie's title. It's very catchy and so are a lot of the songs used.

I recommend this for lovers of light, easy to digest romantic comedies. and if you don't dwell on the slight blunders, it will leave you satisfied. :)

Unlucky Shahid ~ Nice Movie With Bad Climax

Author: lostsoulofdarkangel
23 July 2012

>> TERI MERI KAHAANI <<

(+) :: Entertaining Songs Shahid's Performance Short Length Scenes

(-) :: Predictable Kunal Kohli's Childish Direction Climax Hurry Storiese

(SHAHID):: Awesome , Very Unlucky Doing These Type Movies. . What A Caliber And Talent Goes Waste Every time Except Kaminey ,Mausam & JabWeMet

(PRIYANKA) :: Weird , Does Natural Acting Yes But Shahid Overpowers Her Totally Here

(DIRECTION) :: Lame,Childish,Predictable,Old

(SONGS) :: Sajid Wajid Sucks But Quite Hummable Songs

VERDICT :: Give This A Try . . Sweet Entertainer [ watch like you are going to watch romantic version of housefull2 - no expectation of cinema but get entertain ]

Clerification ~ 10/10 coz m shahid fan :P

One of the 'freshest' Bollywood movies ever made

Author: Nimai Hawkins from Melbourne
9 July 2012

I saw this film at the world premiere in Melbourne. Let me just say this to the hypercritical movie buffs out there: I'm a New Zealand born Caucasian that grew up watching Hollywood films and I've watched a large proportion of the more well known Bollywood films now too. I use IMDb to decide whether to see a movie or not and by my rating scheme 5.2 is far too low a score to go and watch.

Watch this movie ANYWAY.

I've watched dozens of epic bollywood films from 3 idiots to Dil Chahta Hai to Ishq: This quite possibly could be the best though.

If you reviewed this title and gave it a low score you probably didn't quite 'get it'. It's not about the scene chronology, it's not about the suspense or build up, it's not about the cinematography. This movie in fact is unabashedly unrealistic in places. There's a scene that highlights this with priyanka and shahid dancing in the rain underneath a perfectly blue sky without a cloud in sight. There's a real Wrath of the Titans movie poster in one scene with a date on it!! (OMG that's a no-no by Hollywood standards for reasons I won't elaborate on). One of the songs (half in English, half in Hindi) called 'That's All I Really Wanna Do' may as well be a commercial for Lipton Tea or the new Mazda car, the words come up on the screen and fly around.

And if any of that in any way negatively affected your opinion of this film, then you, clearly, didn't 'get it'.

I recently read that Kristen Stewart is the highest paid actress in Hollywood. That made me want to cry and not watch Hollywood films anymore. If I saw her on the street I wouldn't look twice. Priyanka and Shahid could be the hottest actress/actor combination ever. They reek of stardom. They ooze energy and life.

Priyanka is so in love she hits herself in the face with a rose. As Shahid's father urges him to rethink his marriage to a Hindu widow as he can marry up to 4 wives by Muslim law, he, without stopping for a second proclaims "Then I will marry Aradhana 4 times" as Rahat Fateh Ali Khan wails "Moula Jaane" in the background. This is a ridiculously powerful film. It doesn't care about petty film terminology, it is concerned with love only.

I gave this film 10 stars if that means anything. It will make you laugh... maybe cry. It will always make you smile and most of all it'll bring back the energy you lost watching 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen'.

Kunal Kohli is hereby awarded the Masters degree to ruin a good first half with an anti-climax.

Author: darshancruz from United States
26 June 2012

After Fanaa & Hum Tum, Kunal Kohli continues his forte of ruining good first halfs into a nothing movie.

The movie began well with the 1960s Bombay story. The sets/scenes looked quite real and both Govind & Ruksar looked natural. Prachi Desai chirped in with a nice cameo.

Then we enter the clichéd 2012 England story where Krish meets Radha on the day he breaks up with his ex. Entire Bollywood movies have been made based on this solo story. This one was the worst of the 3.

Next we witness the 'Fanaa' revisited Lahore story where the shayris did relive the Fanaa magic. Here, Kunal made us believe he had a tale to tell but alas, he ruins it. This probably could have been the highlight of the film; but not to be.

Shahid & Priyanka both weren't at their very best. Priyanka carries forward her 'Anjana Anjani' image which doesn't serve well. Shahid tries to be romantic with his 'Mausam' image, but doesn't do a great job. The high expectations with these 2 actors failing to deliver is also a negative point of this movie.

'Only 'mukhtasar' track was hummable. However, a triple disappointing climax to make it fit 'Bollywood standards' ruins it. Not recommended!

Plain ordinary stories that take 120 minutes to culminate!!!

Author: Srinivas G Phani
22 June 2012

6 years ago, Kunal Kohli came up with a masterpiece that redefined commercial cinema with its taut script, stellar performances and hauntingly wonderful music - Fanaa. Teri Meri Kahani comes nowhere near Fanaa or even Hum Tum. It is plain ordinary and too much of bollywoodish nonsense that spoil the show.

The film starts larger than life in 1960 with struggling musician, Kapoor, bumping into the superstar, Chopra, in the first class compartment. They instantly connect and the segment moves in Charlie Chaplin style. Enter the other corner of the triangle - the charming girl next door - Desai. We are bombarded with some over the top executed scenes and immediately cut to 2012.

I hoped that the outlandish execution would stop here but no, I still had to sit through. Kapoor breaks up with Sharma and finds his new love by midnight. Chopra and Kapoor flirt and date on facebook, sms and then Sharma starts the cat fight. Some more senseless drama and then 1910.

This was the weakest part of the film that went on and on and on. Kohli had some superb characterizations and shayaris at stake which he filled up the complete second hour. Starting from the hero taking refuge in the Punjabi heroine's house to being beaten up by the police in front of her to her visits to the jail and meaningless dance there, the second half was intolerable. Shahid has acted well but that didn't save the show. Scenes done to death in Hindi films were presented badly and this was Kohli's formula for a hit film - insert crap drama that the Indians used to love once upon a time. Bollywood needs to grow up.

Priyanka hams through the eras with her Anjaana Anjaani style. She needs to reinvent with better roles. Bad direction spoils her show. Shahid Kapoor is good in all three stories and the only saving grace. Neha Sharma is highly competent and steals the show with her arrogant attitude. Prachi Desai is just the same OUATIM girl.

Production design was consistent, if not good. Cinematography lacked innovation and got repetitive after a point. Sandeep Shirdorkar composes yet another winning BGM after Players. Sajid-Wajid's music is better than the previous ventures but they acted as speed breakers. Maula Jaane was specifically uninteresting and boring in the film. Screenplay and editing were good but the story lacked the punch. The third story which took 45 minutes of the show culminates confusingly. One wonders if the twist towards the end was necessary and if the end was apt. In fact, the end of all the three stories lacked the punch.

Teri Meri Kahani uses the 70's Bollywood formula to make BO hit film. The director uses impressive ways to present the first half that make it watchable but the second half was a pain in the ass. On the whole, a below average film from the director of Fanaa.

An Average Timepass Which Could Have Been Better!!

Author: Sidharth Banerjee from India
22 June 2012

I decided to watch Kunal Kohli's Teri Meri Kahani before the other releases even though I didn't really like his previous 2 releases because I thought that it would be a light hearted romantic comedy and it was actually that. It starts off in 1960 when Govind who's going to Mumbai to try out his luck as a musician bumps into Urvashi, an already established heroin in the film industry. The 2012 one comes in next; there's another bump and that is followed by the 1910 story; another bump of course. At the end of each the lovers are temporarily distanced from each other and towards the end of the movie the 3 stories run parallel to each other as everyone meets everyone and love ensues. Simple. But then again there's nothing much we can do about the endings. They have to meet. What we can do is make the journey interesting, which is where the movie does just about okay. I found the 1960 story the best. It had almost everything in place but the other two weren't up to the mark. If one had good dialogues it didn't have good music; if one had good music it had a boring storyline. And most definitely both had bad screenplays. Shahid Kapur looks handsome and gives an earnest performance in all 3 characters and its because of him that I want the movie to succeed.Priyanka Chopra looks really hot but again hams when she has to play the romantic parts. I hate her for that. Kunal Kohli you could have tried a little harder. If you are a guy 1.5/5 If you are a girl I am thinking it would be 2.5/5 2/5 if (forgive me if I sound cheesy )you think you are in looob :P A good timepass, Meri taraf se 2/5 !!

Thrice Upon A Love Story!!

Author: engrumair21 from Pakistan
25 June 2012

TERI MERI KAHAANI (Movie Review)

ONE LINER:

Thrice Upon A Love Story!!

EXPECTATIONS:

Well Expectations were never very high after first theatrical but after the second theatrical and song promos interest started being developed.. And after KAMINEY Shahid Priyanka Jodi was being getting together again so there were some good expectations because of their on screen chemistry..

VIEWS:

1960 Era : The movie started from 1960's era story. the story is very well told and acting and direction here is very nice.. The comic monents in this era are really funny and enjoyable. JAB SE MERE DIL KO UFF is awesomely picturised and beautifully sung according to the 60's era..

2012 Era : This Era is very well defined as the daily life relationships going on these days by the means of communications shown is totally truth.. and very well executed story but still it feels that something is missing. Both the songs are very well picturised . Especially the concept of That's All I Really Wana Do is superb.

1910 Era : Now this is the era which is most enjoyable and very well executed according to the era. The dialogues, the poetry , the acting is just too good.. and love angle is also very nicely shown.. ALLAH JAANE is used brilliantly while HUMSE PYAR KARLE is also nice..

STORY & SCRIPT:

Story of all the eras is quite good and the script here is a big PLUS .. script is very good..

DIRECTION:

KUNAL KOHLI is back in form totally on director's seat and maintains his history.. first he made MUJHSE DOSTI KAROGI which was a blunder, then he made HUM TUM which was a gem, then he made FANNA which was half awesome and Half Poor, then he again made a blunder of THORA PYAR THORA MAGIC. Now it was his turn to make a better one and he made a beautiful love story here,, Direction is very good..

Editing is brilliantly done , the way all three story merges in one another is very good..

MUSIC:

Music by SAJID WAJID is a great surprise package. This is there best music other than Salman Khan's movie.. All the songs are beautifully composed. Especially ALLAH JAANE is a beautiful composition and brilliantly sung by RAHAT FATEH ALI KHAN. He got a very good song after many average songs. But the most special song of the album in my opinion is JABSE MERE DIL KO UFF awesomly sung by Sonu Nigam and Sunidhi. MUKHTASAR is also a good composition and nicely sung but could have been much better if it would had been sung by Atif Aslam or Ali Zafar.. but still a good one. remaining two songs HUMSE PYAR KARLE and THAT's What are also enjoyable..

CASTING & ACTING:

SHAHID KAPOOR is the life of TMK. He is best in 1910's Javed .. he has brilliantly acted in that flirty man of that era. He again dips in 60's era character and acted very well as Govind.. Acted well as Krish too.. He makes the entire movie fresh & enjoyable..

PRIYANKA CHOPRA is so attractive and had a great screen presence totally in entire film in all roles she plays.. And she has acted very well too.

SHAHID & PRIYANKA's chemistry is superb. and they both rock together again.

NEHA SHARMA & PRACHI DESAI both are stunning in there respective roles. and played their roles very nicely..

All other actors are very good too.. The role of cameraman played 60's was too good to enjoy.. he was fun.

PLUSSES & MINUSES:

PLUSSES:

1. Shahid Kapoor.

2. Direction & Editing.

3. Music and picturization of songs.

4. Chemistry of Shahid and Priyanka.

5. The length of the movie.

MINUSSES:

1. 2012 Era is quite good but it feels something is missing and could have been better.

2. Climax can be more polished , still it is good.

CONCLUSION:

Overall TERI MERI KAHAANI is nice concept well executed and totally enjoyable. Want some entertaining time. Do urself a favour. Go and watch TERI MERI KAHAANI..

A Decent Flick! Shahid is Marvelous!

Author: nama chakravorty from India
24 June 2012

Kunal Kohli's 'Teri Meri Kahani' is A Decent Flick, that offers some great moments in the goings-on. This Episodic Romantic Flick isn't path-breaking from any angle, but it surely is a smooth one-time watch. Also, Lead-Star Shahid Kapoor pitches in a Marvelous Performance!

'Teri Meri Kahani' highlights the idea of soul-mates. The story transcends three eras and reinforces the belief of made for each love. Its the story of two souls meant to be together in every life but are separated by circumstances only to be reunited by their undying love for each and destiny.

'Teri Meri Kahani' unfolds in 3 chapters & each chapter has merits. Although none of them are flawless. Kunal Kohli's Story has some great moments & it presents love from 3 different time-lines adequately. However, the Screenplay could've been tighter, especially in the second-hour. Kunal Kohli's Direction is passable. Cinematography & Editing are fair. Art Design is superb, the retro look has been re-created very aptly. Music by Sajid-Wajid is foot-tapping.

Performance-Wise: Shahid is up for top honors. He's marvelous in all the three roles & oozes versatility. Its his best performance in years. A very commendable performance! Priyanka Chopra, also cast in three roles, does well. The On-Screen Chemistry between Shahid & Priyanka, is good throughout. Prachi Desai & Neha Sharma deliver efficiently.

On the whole, 'Teri Meri Kahani' is a decent watch.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]