Gekijouban Ano hi mita hana no namae wo bokutachi wa mada shiranai.

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - The Movie More at IMDbPro »Gekijouban Ano hi mita hana no namae wo bokutachi wa mada shiranai. (original title)

Certainly a tear inducing anime about love and friendship and it is also probably the most beautiful hide and seek story we'll ever come across.

Author: Rosalyn Lim 林惠美 (hayashimegumi) from http://rosalynmuses.blogspot.com
28 September 2014

Filled with abundance of the characters' childhood memories which are so innocent, pure and nostalgic; and personal struggles, which are quite depressing at times, Anohana the Movie: The Flower We Saw That Day (2013) is certainly a tear inducing anime movie about love and friendship and it is also probably the most beautiful hide and seek story we'll ever come across.

The movie revolves around a group of six childhood friends who used to be really close with each other until one of them died in an unfortunate event. Since then, most of them drifted apart and lived in different degree of guilt in their own. When Menma returned as a ghost and Jintan started to be able to see her apparition, the gang reunited. Though not smoothly but steadily, their friendship rekindled.

Although how the unfortunate event actually happened and caused Menma's death is not evident, this animated feature is worth to watch. The plot may not be straightforward as there are plenty of non-chronological flashbacks but it is touching and heartfelt.

In the end, the biggest lessons learned from this movie is that we must face reality and our feelings. Sometimes, the words and actions expressed hold much more meanings to it which we wouldn't know until we communicate with each other. The characters' memories and struggles are heartbreaking but they are also essential as it reminds us the value of love, life and friendship.