IMDb > WWE: CM Punk - Best in the World (2012) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

WWE: CM Punk - Best in the World (V) More at IMDbPro »

An amazing story

Author: tajic_6 from Australia
14 November 2012

So there are about 50 DVD's about John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Steve Austin and Dwayne "the rock" Johnson. i have watched everyone single one of them and have realised that all these wrestlers had a passion but instead decided to do professional wrestling. in Johnson case acting was better than wrestling that why he left. However the cm punk story and DVD was so different comparing to other wrestlers. it was moving and heart warming to see a young man with such huge passion and desire for wrestling and with everything that he went through in life up until his WWE debut manage to create a big name for himself. The documentary shows how cm punk made it into wrestling and that he was always a fan and not just in the business for the money. i strongly encourage fans to watch this as it is very well documented. 9/10

Truly Inspirational

Author: nobodywhoareyou from United States
6 August 2013

I've been a wrestling fan my entire life. I've watched many wrestlers get to the big leagues only to fail to make anything of it. CM Punk is not one of these wrestlers, he fought tooth and nail to make it to the top of the business, and boy has he done it.

What I really liked about this documentary, was the fact that, you just know that you're seeing the real Punk, that it's not an act. We get to hear in his own words how he worked to change the way WWE runs. He's not always nice about it, he talked about getting in peoples' faces and telling them how they need to change. But it's real. We get to hear from his "adopted" family, his best friends, his colleagues; and you can hear the respect and love they have for this man.

I think the most emotional part of the film, was the segment about the Straight Edge Society. Joey Mercury tells a story about Punk's loyalty and friendship to him, and it touched me.

If you're a CM Punk fan, or even a wrestling fan period, you should watch this. You should watch and realize why Punk can stand there and call himself the "Best in the World" and mean it. I absolutely enjoyed it, and I hope that Punk will be around for a long time to come.