IMDb > "Lemon La Vida Loca" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Lemon La Vida Loca" More at IMDbPro »

Promising start, mediocre after that

Author: dg-dg from New Hampshire, United States
18 August 2012

I absolutely love Leigh Francis. "Keith Lemon" may someday rank up there with Dame Edna for alter egos more famous than the comedians who invented them. If you haven't seen "Celebrity Juice", you've missed out on life: absolutely hilarious. Then came "Lemon Aid" this year. Not so good, but not that bad. Then I heard of this new series and wondered if Leigh - or Keith - was stretching himself too thin.

On second thought, it seemed a brilliant idea: the oddity of Celebrity Juice is that it is a game show ('panel show' in the UK) with everything real except the raunchy, flamboyantly heterosexual - i.e., sexist - host, Keith Lemon. This way, "Keith" can do and say anything - things Leigh Francis would be crucified for. Brilliant set-up. So, we wonder, what WOULD Keith Lemon be like in real life? Actually, it's a clever premise.

The first episode was very good and I had high hopes for the rest of the series. Second episode okay. Third, which I saw last night, pretty bad. The plot lines which will continue (according to the 'next episode' trailer) make me groan, especially the personal trainer and Keith's girlfriend subplot. The over-the-top silliness which is the world of Keith Lemon is devolving into mediocre melodrama with a few silly bits thrown in. Too bad.

Well, at least Celebrity Juice is still going strong. "Keith" may want to stick to that.