IMDb > A Golden Christmas 3 (2012) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Golden Christmas 3 (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A cute holiday romantic-com about hope, love and lost. I LOVED it!!!

Author: (TerryOTHFitzgy@yahoo.com) from United States
7 December 2012

A Golden Christmas 3 follows a free spirit threatr director, Heather Hartly played very well by the talented Shantel VanSanten. She has hopes to being a Broadway theatre director until her childhood sweetheart returns to town from the navel, Bobby also played very well by Rob Mayes. Rob Mayes is very handsome, I wouldn't be surprised if this movie makes him the next Hollywood hunk and he so much on screen charisma. Shantel VanSanten is very adorable in this role, my favorite scene in the movie with her when she was on the beach with her puppy, she was cute.

This romantic comedy is very cute, Rob Mayes & Shantel VanSanten both had fantastic chemistry together and you really believed they really loved each other. There is a scene where they really showed off their acting chops emotionally.

Nikki Deloach is downright adorable and hilarious as Julia. Her chem with Shantel was also very genuine. You could tell Julia really cared about Heather and wanted the best for her.

I highly recommend this movie. Think its way better than the first 2 golden Christmas movies. Plus the puppies are adorable. So if you like cute dogs, romantic comedies, holiday movies than check this out.

10/10 stars for me.

Best of the Three

Author: deansam
12 December 2015

I'm not sure if there are spoilers really but just in case be warned.

I have seen the second one and parts of the first one and I have to say that this one is hands down the best. I don't understand why people say this is one that shouldn't have been made. It is the only one I can stand.

There are golden retrievers again which are so cute. It's Christmas time and a couple that must find out if they will be together or won't.

The movie had me teary eye and that is something that doesn't happen often. The romance and story line was perfect and I love to watch this movie even if it isn't Christmas time. The characters fit in their roles and didn't seemed forced like in the second one.

A golden Christmas is golden alright. It's dog urine of a movie.

Author: ironhorse_iv from United States
21 December 2013

I just can't stand this TV movie produced by Ion Television as it follows every clichés of cheesy romance TV movies. Then you added Christmas to the mix with a blender of cute puppies and you get yourself, one big mess of a movie. This movie is sometimes call Home for the Holidays, which works a lot better than Golden Christmas 3. I have to say, it might seem alright for some older middle age women to watch it and like it, but for the most part for anybody not that target audience; it's a quite predictable, a touch corny and over the top romantic comedy that isn't funny. It's clean Family Approved movie romance. In my opinion, romance should never be clean. Love is often, realistic a bit 'dirty'. First off, the movie has little to do with the first two movies, 2009's Golden Christmas & the first movie's sequel, 2011's 3 Holiday Tails AKA Golden Christmas 2. No need to worry about not seeing 1 and 2 because there is no continuation thread in this series. Number 3 has a very new story. The movie is about a big time theater director, career driven, Heather (Shantel Vansanten). She is trying to move to New York City for a big job after Christmas. Before she end up going, for some odd reasons; her friends is trying to set her up with a date, with an old schoolmate, just out of the navy, Bobby (Rob Mayes). As much as Heather doesn't want to go out with him because of her career, she end up falling in love with him after a number of romance dates with Boby, set ups tricks by her girl pal, Julia (Nikki DeLoach). Now, she has to choose, what is best for her, her career in New York or the man of her dreams? Honestly, the conflict in the film isn't that interesting, and can easily be solved. I would love them to have a stronger reason why they couldn't be together. It would make a better movie. I don't know what is wrong with Julia. She really cares about Heather too much to the point, that I think she's dependent on her. I know she wants the best for her, but she's going to the extremes here. Heather told her multiples times, not to set up a date with Bobby because of her career, but she does it anyways, because she fears that her friend will leave town forever and never come back. Rather than working on her own marriage with her subordinate dumb husband, she spying on Heather engaged in intimate behaviors with Bobby like an odd creepy voyeurism. Julia needs help. Talking about creepy, we got the old ex Roger (Mark Famiglietti) whom is always trying to get Heather back with him. Mark is clearly miscast in this role. His character seem more charming than a selfish smarmy jerk. After all, he pretty got her the puppies in the first place. If that isn't a sign that Heather doesn't have time for Bobby. She's also busy directing a 'Christmas Carol' with an actor Mr. Cole (Orson Bean) that hates dogs and Bobby's niece, Myra (Alex Peters) who loves them. The dogs are barely used in this film. The Golden Retrievers are pretty much just background props, most of the time. For the most part, Orson Bean is the best actor in this movie. Alex Peters is a charming actress, but her character own B-story romance that isn't necessary for the story. It really wasted a lot of screen time, better use for Bobby and Heather. Bobby and Heather were OK, but they come off as not realistic characters. Bobby doesn't do anything, but wait for Heather to fall in love with him. Doesn't he have any personal life, besides that? Heather doesn't comes off as a real theater director. She doesn't have the acting chops to express much emotions. It's always odd to see in all these movies, single women is an unhappy women because she doesn't have a man in her life. I'm happy to note this usually only happens in the movies. Both main actors are beautiful stereotypes romantic TV couple, but their love chemistry seems so fake looking. It really look like they walk off the set of the reality TV show, The Bachelor and into a TV movie. Nothing about them seems real to me. Another thing, this movie is market as Christmas, but besides the Christmas play, it has little to do with the holiday. The settling for this film is at a beach coast. I'm sorry, but I don't think a beach coast work as a good location for a Christmas movie! Where is the snow and cold? Another thing, I hate about this movie is the camera work. In the end of the film, it's a bit too jarring. The music choices were pretty bad. No tune really stand out. Don't expect anything more than one sweet-natured cliché after another such as best friends to lovers, love triangles, and the stupid mad rush to the airport. The one, I found stupid, is them finding each other, somehow on the Empire State Building, a few months later. Then Bobby ask her for marriage, follow by the big kiss. Yeah, it seems ridiculously implausible that they would last, they are at such different stages in their lives, and the movie just sort of ignored that. I don't think, I'm spoiling, but it's pretty known that they all live happily ever after like any other cheesy romance movie, if you believe that crap. Overall: it's one of the worst romantic comedies, I have ever saw. Not a good Christmas movie. Not a good dog movie. Not a good movie at all.

Myrn from A Gold Christmas 3

Author: borzgabor from florida
16 November 2015

I would have love to have seen more of Myrn from A Gold Christmas 3 movie she played awesome in the movie i wish i could meet her one day. I hope they make a another A gold Christmas 4 movie soon. if you make one you should have Myrna from A Gold Christmas 3 play in with Fred or where she meets her true love in the movie and they stay boy friend and girlfriend. i hope they make A gold Christmas 4 movie soon i love the movies a lot. i love how Myrn did her role in the movie i would love to play in A Gold Christmas movie 4. my favorite is the Gold Christmas 3 movie.I love these Golden Christmas movies and was rather hoping for Golden Christmas 4 this year. I own the first two and am now buying the third. I recommend this movie if you like romantic comedy Christmas movies. Great choice of actors. please click on the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne9dsyQJSng Home for Christmas A Golden Christmas 3 Myrn Slideshow

This movie is a chick flick BEWARE!

Author: dance-pointe14 from Paris, Texas
5 January 2014

This movie was very disappointing. It had literally nothing to do with the dogs on the cover. Do not be mislead. Also involved is a kid who went out with some curly headed boy, but was later dumped for an older woman on facebook. Upsetting. The love story is a cliché,and the movie is too predictable. It's literally about two 6th grade sweethearts reuniting on the beach, after losing Biscuit. Strange. If you like predictable chick flicks, this is the movie for you. This movie was cheesy. very cheesy. I have higher standards for movies. This movie was not worth the dollar I spent to rent this at the Redbox. I do not recommend this movie at all.

Dare I say it? An unnecessary sequel.

Author: Gameson Blintelmann from Westerville, Switzerland
2 December 2012

It was an impossible task. Director Michael Fiefer was asked to helm a follow-up to the greatest and most heart-warming Christmas classic of the modern era. Of course, I am speaking of the perplexingly straight- to-DVD holiday standard Golden Christmas 2.

Compared to that mighty standard, perhaps the most technically perfect script ever committed to celluloid, and despite the remarkable performance of Orson Bean as "Mr. Cole," Golden Christmas franchise fans around the world are today scratching their heads in a communal sigh of "hmm?!"

Mark Famiglietti, who plays "Roger," was hopelessly miscast, for starters. If I never see another Golden Retriever-centric Christmas film with Mark Famiglietti again, that would be just peachers, IMHO.

And my second and final complaint is that there just aren't enough dogs in this film. Compared to a motion picture like Hotel for Dogs, which promised at least as much hotel as dog representation but far over- delivered on the latter, I have to say that there is just too much Christmas in this film, not enough Golden. KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

Would not watch again.