IMDb > "Modern Family" Election Day (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Modern Family" Election Day (2012)

« Prev | 67 of 192 Episodes | Next »

Meh

Author: Thomas Verstraete from Belgium
29 April 2012

First of all, love the show.

But this episode (s3e19) leaves me bit disappointed. A bit to far stretched and predictable storyline. And with the storyline I mean Claire running for office. The build up of goofs and things that go wrong were over the top for me (for example, we know Walt's an antisocial character, but the way he acts in this episode is so extreme that I was waiting, in vain, for the moment that Phil, in anger, euthanises Walt with a pillow).

I feel like the freshness was a bit missing, I've had it before with Modern Family but each time they pull through with a next episode that's hilarious. I hope they can do it again.

Election day

Author: jotix100 from New York
6 May 2012

Claire Dunphy's first experience in local politics arrives. Adding to her own nerves, she loses a cap in one of her front teeth. Even after a temporary crown, she keeps losing it at crucial points. She needs to be seen as a woman in charge to make a good impression, but that is not happening. Phil and the kids rally after her to win votes.

Cam and Mitch have added speakers to the car. They are seen going to the streets promoting Claire to be the right person. Unfortunately, they leave the device on without realizing how both dish inside the vehicle dissing Sandy, a woman who is about to get married to a fellow they think id gay.

At Jay and Gloria things are tense. He saw Dotty, a woman whom he dated right after his divorce from DeDe; she is now in charge of the polling station where he is about to cast his ballot. The lady, is not forgiving taking it personal what Jay did to her.

Directed by Bryan Cranston, an actor who has worked a lot on television, and written by Ben Karlin, making his third contribution to the sitcom. The episode is fine, but not one of the best of the season. The director gets good work from his regulars and guest stars. PHilip Baker Hall appears as a senior voter being driven by Phil. Melissa Page Hamilton has a small role playing Sandy.