« Prev | 52 of 117 Episodes | Next »

there's only one word for this: EPIC!!!

Author: zachattack1285-351-594685 from United States
22 April 2012

never thought i would say this about My Little Pony but this episode is surprisingly epic.

*note: this same review is in part 1*

Story: Twilight finds out her brother Shining Armor is engaged to be wed to Celestia's niece, Princess Mi Amore Cadenca, know to Twi as Cadence, her old baby... er, Fole-sitter. however, there's something off with Cadence. something only Twi is seeing but nobody else is and by the time everyone does find out, it'll be too late as a War breaks out, placing the world in danger. for the 3rd time in a row.

Animation: the animation is like as it was for the entire series so not much to say there. what did surprise me is that they put in Violence in My Little Pony. Violence. something nobody saw coming.

Music: as always, the music is awesome and this 2-parter features the only songs i like in the entire show: This Day Aria and Love is in Bloom. This Day Aria is the villains song and is surprisingly dark and epic, like a villain song from a Disney Movie. Love is in Bloom plays at the end and is catchy as heck. i'm still humming it.

final verdict: to be honest, i went in expecting a sappy romance like the Notebook or Titanic(before the iceberg). i did not, however, expect that plot twist and the world being put into danger again. this Season Finale surprised me and will you.

also, this is a good episode to show friends or family and let them see why Grown Men are liking this show. who knows, may turn them into Brony's and Pega-sisters.

OMG!That was something i didn't expect!

Author: SOUTH PARK from Turkey
6 April 2013

First let me tell you that was one of the greatest 22... I'm sorry 44 minutes of my life!İ had seen this İMDB rating then watch this show from the beginning and there was a bunch of epic episodes like Return Of Harmony two parter with the coolest anime villain Discord,May The Best Pet Win and A Friend in Deed with the best songs and sad moments,Heart's Warming Eve with the funny jokes and the way of using an absurd middle earth-like story with snow monsters to give the greatest lesson about friendship etc...

İm trying to say this second season of MLP:FİM has been one hell of a ride and this last two parter finished it well that left the fans wanting more and more!İ wish that season 3 wouldn't have ruin this great show!But this season will be in bronies mind for years and decades!Why am i telling you all this?Just watch and see how epic this season and how much the show outdone itself with this episode!

By the way this episodes rating was 9.7 and the previous episodes was 9.4 and all that i talked about and more episodes were over 9 but lately something happened to this site and all the TV side of İMDB had shaken!İ don't know who is responsible but i hope somehow they fix the problem because that ratings are not the ones that the episodes deserve!

Weakest of the bunch

Author: TobiasTJones from Aruba
6 August 2012

A+ for having a pony using another pony as a machine gun against a horde of evil shape-shifters.

F for having the evil character's main strength being the ability to feed on love, and then having the solution be... love?

Not decently explained and very confusing (and, as I mentioned before, a pony used another pony as a MACHINE GUN)

I guess the lesson is that love will beat even... love? Or... I dunno.

Kudos to the animation and actors as usual though.

Also, the entire storyline in itself wasn't bad, and the use of changelings and many other outside sources of inspiration is always fun and educational, if you will.

Still I feel this two-parter had more downsides than upsides: the rushed inclusion of the brother and babysitter, to name a huge one.

Also; Princess of WHAT?