IMDb > Olympus Has Fallen (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Olympus Has Fallen

Olympus Has Fallen More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 70: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

A Poor Story

Author: aguilabrass from United Arab Emirates
10 March 2016

Olympus Has Fallen is a solo savior plot movie with a number a scenes and information showing director hadn't worked on that i.e 1. President is a loyal hard guy who ll protect his nation but? he can be weak if terrorists catch his son , so American hero is running to save his son half of movie, but then we see president surrenders his code just to avoid a kick in his stomach. 2. secretary is a strong lady, who is iron lady against terrorists but surrenders her code under the order of president, when the send her out of white house she is yelling her pledge allegiance to American flag? no offense but but a funny scene of loyalty , you gave your code put all your nation at death row and pledging your allegiance to America? 3.terrorist blast the atom bomb proof bunker wall with simple C4? and no steel in that wall?

Right movie at the wrong time

Author: Veronika Lackerbauer from Germany
7 March 2016

I dare say that kind of Hollywood-Blockbuster-Action was a greater entertainment when it wasn't so real. Remember "Independence Day"? It was funny, it was suspenseful and in the end you left the cinema thinking: Hey, yeah, but... honestly... aliens?!? Terrorists are f***ing commonplace nowadays! I thought like more than just once: Why showing them how it'd work? Why invite them? The reason gets obvious quite soon: For letting them know that America will never be wrestled down by terrorism. Nobody will ever defeat America. They can be weakened, they can be heartstriken but they will never ever be defeated. God bless you all. And god bless the United States of America...

And Gerald Butler. Because if anything else won't work, he will save America single-handedly. Very patriotic. Very pathetic. But nowadays not very amusing.

Watchable All Action Nonsense

Author: comps-784-38265 from United Kingdom
7 March 2016

Having just seen the sequel "London Has Fallen" (I gave that 5/10) it really illustrated that Olympus Has Fallen is the much better film.

To enjoy this film (or any of this genre) you have to accept you are watching an all action, one good guy versus multiple bad guys, testosterone nonsense.

You can then sit back with your popcorn (or a beer) and enjoy the film as Butler saves the USA and the world just in the nick of time from evil terrorists.

It is (sort of) plausible. It does develop characters and the baddie is good and evil with a dastardly plot to blow up the U.S. nukes in their silos.

A film to watch without having to think too much. Good guy creams all the bad guys - one by one !

Dreadful

Author: fruitbat00 from United Kingdom
3 March 2016

Last week I watched White House Down, which everyone told me was terrible.

It wasn't. It was a fun, check your brains in at the door, roller coaster of a ride of pure entertainment, An unashamed action film, and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

This week I watched Olympus Has Fallen, and OMG it IS Terrible.

Someone commented that the plot to White House Down was too complicated, ummm not if your older than one and have more than one brain cell it isn't. Whereas with this film it is a case of Plot, What Plot? It's just one stupid action scene after another with more plot holes than swiss cheese, and some the plot holes are the size of the damn White House.

It has a stellar cast but the characters are so one dimensional that you honestly don't give a damn if the entire film blew up. You don't engage with any of them. It's slick it has plenty of bullets and explosions and a whole pile of bodies but in the end its just MEH.

It's a case of thats 1hr 59mins of my life spent watching something that is instantly forgettable. I finished watching White House Down wanting to buy the film. I finished watching this one wishing I had re watched White House Down.

Boring.

Horrible!

Author: justinmovies from AZ, USA
2 March 2016

The only movie I can think of worse than this one is "Speed 2".

However, I you like mindless fights, explosions and pointless running around I recommend this movie to you.

Morgan Freeman is the best thing about this movie and his high ability and talent could not save it. Why did you sign on for a sequel Morgan?

Channeling my inner Shatner; I must ask "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

On the serious side, it is really bad. There are horrible plot holes, and ridiculous events that prevent any suspension of disbelief. I like to lose myself in a movie. This movie is too silly to make that remotely possible.

I liked this movie better the first time I saw it when it was called "Die Hard".

Producer: "Hey, let's put die-hard in the White-House and put a little kid he has to save. Maybe a puppy. Naw, a kid. Here's millions of dollars, go make it."

One of my top five worst movies of this generation. Probably #2.

Comedy Gold

Author: Robb Bryant from England
24 February 2016

This is EXACTLY the kind of film being lampooned in 'Team America: World Police'. I just caught it on Netflix and thought it was hilariously cheesy.

So many great Comedy Gold moments - the 'tough guy' voices and 'kick ass' dialogue, the hero finding the time to call his girlfriend when he only has 30 minutes to save The President (a scene in which I was half-expecting an Aerosmith ballad to start playing) and the quip about building insurance at the end are just a few.

Great fun if you don't take it seriously. The moralising is fantastically simple (American capitalism = good; Anyone who criticises America = evil). Oh, and The President's speech before the end credits - not since Independence Day have we been treated to something so wonderfully awful.

So, if you feel like putting on a film you can well and truly take the mick out of, with your mates - this is certainly one of them.

Predictable.

Author: 1bilbo from England
21 February 2016

The White house is overrun - probably the most protected building in the world.

The terrorists managed to obtain and deploy absolute state of the art weapons without any government official noticing.

One guy manages to take out 30 heavily armed thugs with just his hand held gun - all the sub machine guns miss him !

The launch code computer can only be de-activated manually - really ? Is there no chance that the USA would have the computers backed up and accessible from numerous locations ?

Expensive rubbish.

Opened the Gates of Hell

Author: Thomas Drufke
14 February 2016

Realistically, Olympus Has Fallen is not a good film. Its overabundance of bad CGI, cheesy one-liners, and a weak script overall are just some of the few problems with this film. But I don't think I can deny that I had plenty of fun watching Gerard Butler go around the White House acting like John McClane. That's basically what I looked at it like, Die Hard at the White House. If you go into it without expecting much, I think you'll believe its a good time at the movies.

Antoine Fuqua really knows how to strike the right chord with action films. Whether its Training Day, The Equalizer, or even last years' Southpaw, the man knows how to make a crowd pleaser. For the most part, I think Olympus Has Fallen is yet another one to add to his resume. Butler is great as the ex-presidential guard who is now the only one with the capability to save the President left, and he's surrounded with an all around great cast. Rick Yune also gives a refreshing performance for a villain who would have otherwise felt clichéd and uninspired. I'm not willing to say this film would be worth buying on blu-ray or require a second viewing, but it's definitely a guilty movie pleasure.

At times the score can be bombastic, the script can come off very one-note, and maybe even too reliant on bloody action, but it's nonetheless entertaining as hell. The hand to hand combat breaks the shaky cam mold made by Hollywood of late. Besides, I'm just glad we got an Aaron Eckhart sighting, seriously, where has he been? If you don't go into it expecting much, I think Olympus Has Fallen can be a fun time, even if it's essentially a Die Hard rip off.

+Great action

+Butler is meant to play these roles

+Cast

+Fuqua's directing

-Some obvious CGI moments

-Cheesy one-liner moments

7.2/10

Thrilling action flick

Author: Davis P from United States
31 December 2015

Olympus Has Fallen really surpassed my expectations. This movie was a very enjoyable popcorn flick that will definitely keep your attention the entire way through. Even within the first 5 minutes it is thrilling and exciting. Ashely Judd really did well with her role, even though her role is very short. Gerard Butler was amazing in his role! He was buff, handsome, and a definite bad ass! Aaron Eckhart was OK as President Asher, he tended to overact in some scenes, but he wasn't bad per say. And I also really loved Angela Basset and Morgan Freeman, they were very convincing. The action sequences and the fight scenes are fun to watch and enjoy. The villains are very brutal and tough, as they need to be. The movie is just action packed fun to sit and enjoy, if you love well made and entertaining action films, then rest assure, you will NOT be disappointed with Olympus Has Fallen. It gets a 9/10.

Lots of action and blood, little reality

Author: bent-mathiesen from Switzerland
8 October 2015

Cons:

For those who want deep serious acting and anything that can scratch the gray cells, sorry, it is non existing.

Evil people are the run of the mill, stupid people who get killed and don' even care. The police and military are the modern keystone cops with no brain and following orders.

Pros:

On the plus side, for those who like lots of fancy action and killing with blood spitting out, you will not get disappointed.

Lots of actions scenes, made for effect and nothing for realism.

Normally I am put off by Freeman in a movie, but this time he was less of a pain in the butt (bad acting) as normal.

Just turn of the brain and don't question any of the scenes and actions taking place.