IMDb > "Go On" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Go On"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Go On" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Great first episode!

Author: ZaYoOoD from Bahrain
9 August 2012

I'm gonna keep it short and brief. After watching the pilot episode (which for MOST TV shows usually the worst episode!), I think it was great! I loved Perry's acting, and I loved the story line. It was funny, it was sad, and it was great! If the writers keep this up, I think it's gonna be a great show!

Personally, I'm gonna watch the show (and I never decide that after the pilot episode), and I hope it stays the same way it is.

However, I have one note. I'm not sure people are yet ready to forget "Chandler" and take "Ryan" instead! Still, great to see the best actor of (FRIENDS) again.

A great new comedy - why all the hate?

Author: CriticCritique from Canada
19 September 2012

If you're reading this then you already know the premise of the show. When I first heard about this show I had a hard time imagining how they would be able to pull it off as a sitcom, however after watching it all I can say is well done.

The cast does a great job and are very believable, especially considering there is almost no character development going on. Having watched the first three episodes I really hope that this show gets at least 2 seasons. I don't know that it has enough going for it to last beyond that, as at some point he has to get out of therapy, but I hope they give it the opportunity to play itself out.

For me, the true test of a comedy is not necessarily that it is funny for the whole 30 minutes (well, 21 minutes, damn commercials), but that it makes me laugh out loud. This show has provided me with a number of laugh out loud moments, and that is what I am looking for in a comedy.

Finally, a good "dark" comedy

Author: pukcia
12 September 2012

The idea behind this show is fresh and promising, but it is the tone of the show that I liked the most. In this era of sarcasm and irony filled shows this one is actually nice relief! Don't get me wrong - perfectly executed sarcasm is really funny, but I am happy to see the show that manages to crack me up without being too sarcastic, especially given the main theme of the show. Perhaps the only negative point of the show is the size of the therapy group - it is too large so it is very difficult to remember them all. Also, I really hope the writers won't go the obvious way in terms of the romance - that would definitely spoil the show considerably. Of course, my opinion is based on the first 2 episodes of the show, but I hope to see much more of it. All in all - a nice return of Matthew Perry but most of all - the show that makes you smile and be a little bit happier.

Go On is great show, that I hope will last at least 7 seasons at the least!

Author: gabe-neo from United States
28 October 2012

Never could get into "Friends" so Perry was just part of the; whatever cast of a highly rated, whatever, comedy. I just never did find the "Oh, I am hot and cool and edgy, quick lipped sitcoms like, "How I Met Your Mother", or "Happy Endings" or any comedy that has a freaking need to shove some Hollywoody mainstream social agenda down my throat, ever funny at all.

Herein lies a show that just deals with pure human relations and subjective emotional downfalls that we ALL GO THROUGH on a daily basis. Go On, trades edgy, with constructive sarcasm, and a just "look at myself in a mirror, we all have problems," overall attitude without going into the movie-type ridiculous unreal personality traits like you would see in a Happy Gilmore production. On the other hand, the first comedy movie, that I ever watched more than one time, was "The Whole Nine Yards." In this movie, Matt Perry first displayed this quirky but not annoying yet vulnerable and fairly intelligent dude that will not be totally be taken advantage of.

I see this same personality is in Go On, which I liked so much from the 2000 movie. So along with a phenomenal group of characters that are so well played with the likes of the kid from "Everybody Hates Chris" and Julie White, quite frankly, the whole cast is amazingly written and well directed. And goes without saying, is an incredibly well acted ensemble cast to the likes of a classic comedy like "Barney Miller" from the 70s. Go On is great show, that I hope will last at least 7 seasons or more. Love it! GT

Quirky Funny

Author: ozfan-1 from United States
18 September 2012

This show is quirky but not, so far, laugh out loud funny. I've watched both episodes aired and have the next one on DVR. I enjoy the repartee between the characters. It looks like there is some sexual tension between Ryan and Lauren and perhaps Ryan and Anne (his assistance) which could play out later in the series. I like Fausta, George and Sonia (can you say cat lady lol). The character Mr. K is going to be a scene stealer for sure (kinda like other minor characters have done in other sitcoms). Will this last, I think it might. I am intrigued by it and even though I am not rolling on the floor laughing, I like the pace of the show. The characters are interesting as well.

Check out my blog on Blogspot called Tales of Television for more reviews

A feel good watch.

Author: Tim Meh from Netherlands
12 December 2012

I was really looking forward seeing Matthew Perry again and i'm glad I did. What 'd like to add after reading the reviews and watching the first 6 episodes is that the creators of this show really captured the same optimism and positive vibe you get from watching series like "Friends". It's that unique feeling you had way back. It's humor and optimism in a really pure and simple form, never rude yet humorously cynical. If you're not in to that stuff normally (like me) you will still have a great time watching this.

Matthew Perry seems to pull this off pretty easily. He's charming and funny, not as nerdy as Chandler but more the arrogant type that opens up to people slowly. Good acting, great cast, I like it a lot.

Go On is Awesome!

Author: elephantsonparadetoys from Los Angeles
11 October 2012

This show is quality! If you like sarcasm and crazy people, then this is your show! I can't wait for the next episode!! Matthew Perry's character is perfect. He loses his wife, is unable to grieve and ends up having to go to grief counseling. There we find a group of "crazies" that are dealing with their own grief issues. Between the group, they are able to help each other deal with life and "Go On". I crack up every time I watch this show. The writers are genius. As I just lost a family member, it is good to know that we can still feel sad, but be able to enjoy the memories and "go for the cry". John Cho is one of my favorite actors, so I am glad to see him on TV! He plays an great straight man to Matt Perry's craziness. And this show would not be the same with out the entire grief counseling group!! Go watch this show! It's awesome!

Slowly spreading its wings

Author: tejafrenz from Anantapur
15 October 2012

I am a big fan of Matthew perry and always want to see him do good roles, so that's how i started to watch the show. It is really nice to see Perry back and also in his over prudent form. He looks good in some eps and hammered in some but overall he is able to pull himself together to show us some of the great acting he has in him. It is a pity he is not picked up by many directors.

Coming to the show, starting was a bit hazy as usual and i didn't know what substance it might have to go on. Now they are taking things slowly, started exploring characters and it makes a good watch. Hope they move on over the Ryan character and really start expanding the show.

Over and all, the show is enjoyable with some damn good acting but with a little preaching here and there. I am watching the coming episodes, are you with me?

I am glad I started watching this

Author: Gummybear2012
7 January 2013

I watched the pilot yesterday.

I got so addicted, I have already finished all the episodes that have been released online. It is not the bursting out laughing type of comedy like Seinfeld or Friends, but Go On is certainly a feel good-worthy time waster. Matthew Perry is almost the same character as Chandler from Friends but his persona manages to carry the show off really well.

It is hilarious in it's own way with the awkward and sarcastic jokes as well as the thought provoking lovable character personalities.

If you have nothing to do and want to just smile on the inside, watch Go On!

Best New Comedy On TV

Author: hussainalkasake
28 February 2013

When I first found out about Go On, I thought it'll be like Mr Sunshine. Remember that show? Exactly. But this is what we've been waiting for from Matthew Perry. Matt plays Ryan King, a popular sportscaster who lost his wife and has to attend mandatory group therapy sessions. That's what's awesome about the show, the group. The group is hilarious, with well constructed, weird, crazy personalities. The group is really good, just as funny as Matt. The writing is incredibly awesome, with Matthew Perry's classic sarcasm that's still funny. The show probably won't run for a long time, due to the story. Not saying it's bad(it's great) but it can't go on for more than 1 or 2 seasons. It's incredibly good, especially if you were a Friends fan. This is a hilarious, feel-good show that'll bring a smile to you're face. Definitely Best New Comedy On TV. Go Watch It Now!!!

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]