IMDb > "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, There Goes My Respect For TLC

Author: rjd0309 from Phoenix
29 August 2012

Well, I thought that television was scraping the bottom of the barrel with the Kardashians, but boy, was I wrong. TLC has broken through the bottom of the barrel and is digging their way to China.

Honestly, TLC, a series about a bad-behaving hyperactive child and her white-trash family? This is what passes for programming on TLC now? If you've run out of ideas, TLC, then I've got some suggestions. How about setting up a camera to watch paint dry? It'd be better than "Honey Boo Boo" any day.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go apologize to the Kardashians.

Can't even bear to see the commercials

Author: deucesallin from Southern California
15 August 2012

I enjoy watching a variety of 'reality' shows because it's entertaining and educational to observe the diversity of human behaviors in this day and age. And, I do like to watch Toddlers & Tiaras.

However, 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' is one show that I cannot bear to watch. The commercials themselves, which are apparently intended to entice viewers to tune in to the show, are nauseating at best. Make a list of behaviors that children are normally taught not to engage in because such behaviors are disgusting, unnecessary in the company of others, and are downright rude. Then, watch any episode of 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' and you can check just about everything on the list you made and those behaviors will be featured on this repulsive show.

I cannot think of a single redeeming feature of this show. TLC has certainly turned the corner into the downright awful when they produced this show.

Absolute garbage and hard to watch

Author: Tommy McIntyre from Ireland
17 September 2012

This is the illest thing i have ever seen. The way this white trash family is making it on to the television, i will never know. Like father jack says "how did that gobshite get on the television?!" The absolute low of television. It makes The kardashians look like House. This woman is taking her little daughter and embarrassing her in front of the world. She is taking her, dressing her up as a hooker and getting paid. I cant believe we live in a world where this can happen. Even if you were just curious to see how bad it is, do NOT watch it. It is that bad! I feel sympathy for this little girl, her mom is the real harm. Someone needs to call child services and have her daughter taken off her. this is one real bad mother. PLEASE CANCEL THIS HORRIBLE SHOW!

This Is What's Wrong With America

Author: zack_wall from United States
2 October 2012

It's become apparent that the reason this pile of crap remains on the air is because their base followers come out of the woodwork(literally) to keep up with Honey Boo Boo's antics. Honestly, was there not a SINGLE TLC executive who looked at the would-be creators of this show and asked them if they were joking?. Because this is purely awful. And not only is it awful, but it insults my intelligence in more ways than I can count. Also, what kind of show needs subtitles for 90% of the footage when the show's characters are all English speaking Americans? That's just mind-blowing to me, but entirely normal if you're a regular TLC subscriber. Every now and then, when commercials for this show come on, a few tears trickle down my cheek. I weep for those who find Honey Boo Boo a good use of their time and/or entertaining in any way. This election year, I hope you join with me, America, in voting NO for more dumb, unintelligent, unoriginal, unfunny, grimace-inducing television shows. Honey Boo Boo should never have seen the light of day. Never.

Home comes honey boo boo is just truly awful, trash and incomprehensible

Author: afijamesy2k from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
12 August 2012

TLC Has made great shows and reality shows in the past like trauma life in the ER, Cake Boss and some others, but this piece of trashy crap and one of the ugliest and most incomprehensible shows I've ever seen is not one of them, it's a spin off to toddlers and tiaras and it is just so awful that it makes me sick, it has a 6 year old kid in a southern city doing the same old thing after winning the title, the set up is unfunny, the writing is pitiful, the video is stupid and the people are obnoxious, lame and mean-spirited, this is a typical, silly trash reality TV that makes even the kardashians look like classic, if you want a real reality about rednecks and their southern values, check out lizard lick towing, this show is going on my list of the worst television of the year and it deserves it.

TLC, you have stoop this low with this.

In the Universe of bad TV shows, here comes honey boo boo is a towering achievement.

Here comes Honey Boo Boo 0.0 Stars

Thank you South Park for demolishing this awful garbage.

Author: omar_kmail from United States
6 October 2012

This is the absolute worst show I've ever watched in my entire life. I use to think Jersey Shore was bad, but it (Jersey Shore) looks like Breaking Bad in comparison. I don't even know where to start. This is child abuse, I just can't believe people would even allow this garbage on television. The worst part is that it's on "The Learning Channel". I don't know what were the people thinking when TLC accepted this awful crap on their channel. It's disgraceful to our society. Just like the South Park episode said, "the bar has been lowered to depths we can't fathom", this is what society has come to. So concluding everything, this show is very, Very, VERY painful to watch, these negative reviews aren't exaggerating, nor am I, this show really is vomit-provoking.

The "Low Bar" for Civilization & Culture in America

Author: westrajc from United States
11 January 2013

Honey Boo Boo is a pathetic, pustular, pile of post-enlightenment, social Putrefaction! The fact that so many people love this show is a testament to how low the bar for our "culture/civilization" has been set. We could be colonizing other planets by now! Is anyone besides me ready for a good pandemic!? Hollywood should be ashamed to promote this garbage. But I guess Hollywood truly has no shame. How about focusing on the lives of people who are striving to better themselves; physically, mentally and spiritually, while also helping their neighbors do the same thing? Is that too much to ask?

Is That All TLC Can Come Up With?

Author: anthony-rigoni from United States
23 November 2012

Yes, folks, I have a grudge against one of the most hated TV Series since The Problem Solvers and the Annoying Orange, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. People of TLC, I ask you with all seriousness: IS THAT ALL YOU DRUGGED-UP NINCOMPOOPS CAN COME UP WITH?!!! This show is so dumb, so evil, and so demonic, not even the secret lovechild of Cruella De Vill from 101 Dalmations, Patrick Star from Spongebob Squarepants, and Katrina Stoneheart from the 1980's Pound Puppies TV Series would want to record it on DVR!

First, the plot is boring. When you think about a TV Series, do you think about watching this family of Stay Puft Marshmallow Man off-springs doing everyday boring things? I DON'T F------ THINK SO!!! Second, not one of the family members in this disaster have a brain or are likable. Fortunately, one of the characters is killed off... and it's the pig. Pepperoni Pizza, everyone? Finally, this show is a spin-off of freaking Toddlers and Tiaras! Now, I have a bigger reason why I hate both these shows.

It's bad enough that TLC airs Toddlers and Tiaras, but this show is just as bad as that piece of s---! This is the kind of show that will make you say "I would rather be eaten alive by a group of cannibals and have my brain donated to science than watch 'Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo'!" Bottom Line: No interesting people, boring plots, and Toddlers and Tiaras are the reasons why you should avoid Here Comes Honey Boo Boo like the West Nile Virus.

'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' is an embarrassment to the people of the South

Author: tylersportsguy from Memphis
18 September 2012

I can't believe this is actually a show. It honestly makes 'Jersey Shore' look like 'The Brady Bunch' and 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' look like 'All in the Family'. This is is absolutely horrible and a disgrace to the people who live in the South.

Apparently, this show takes place near Atlanta, Georgia, which isn't that bad of a place either. I'm a southerner and these people give us a bad name. I turned this on and subsequently watched three episodes with my mouth nearly wide open.

I could not believe that TLC actually turned this into a show -- TLC, after all, has some solid programming -- My Strange Addiction, Cake Boss, Four Wedding, 19 Kids & Counting, Extreme Couponing, Say Yes to the Dress and multiple others -- I do not watch most of those shows but have heard good things from females. Unfortunately, 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' scrapes the bottom of the barrel.

This show follows the story of Alana, affectionately known as "Honey Boo Boo" in Georgia, along with her parents, three sisters and their pet pig, "Glitzy". Alana participates in pageants and this show is mainly filmed during the pageant's "offseason". Numerous things go on throughout the show, which is something people don't really care about. Like myself, I'm sure they care about the following aspects...

* Having captions for their words: First off, you know it's bad when a TV station has to give the people subtitles for their words and sentences. I can understand having it for a young girl like "Honey Boo Boo", but not for her 32-year-old mom and 40-year-old father, also known as "Sugar Bear". That's just horrible and people are mainly going to attribute that to the South, which isn't a good thing by any means. Not all people here in the South are like that, but they sure don't help our cause either.

* The girls have different dads: In one of three episodes I watched (IU can't remember which one), the mom (June) was randomly explaining the dynamics of her family -- to which she said Alana is the daughter of her and Sugar Bear's (her current boyfriend of eight years). She would then go on to say that her other three daughters had different dads, although she didn't state how many different dads there were. June just said that none of THEM were in the picture, which is definitely at least two different dads. If that's not the case, then all four daughters have different dads, which is downright horrible and should be on 'Maury' instead. Come on. I wouldn't even share that on television if I was in her shoes -- that makes her look like a tramp, straight up.

* The random picture of Dale Earnhardt: I'll be the first to tell you that I'm a humongous NASCAR fan and have been for the majority of my life (check out fourturns.blogspot.com). NASCAR is one of my favorite sports, along with the NFL and the NBA. And seeing that picture of Dale Earnhardt makes me automatically assume that these people are NASCAR and Earnhardt fans, which probably isn't a good thing. NASCAR is mainly categorized as a "redneck sport" and it will stay that way for the foreseeable future. It sucks to be thought of as a redneck just because you love the sport. And these people do not help that situation. They are rednecks (and often refer to themselves as that), but not all NASCAR fans are that way -- like me and my father. That just makes us fans look tremendously bad.

* Their "code words": I really don't know how else to explain it, so I'm just going to go with code words. Throughout the entire show, you'd notice that they have many different words for many different things. Two of the most prominent and used words on their show is "too-tay" and "biscuit", which refers to a woman's downstairs area (I would just say the p---- word, but that would probably be very offensive). Regardless, that's just stupid. I can understand using a word like "butt" instead of "ass", especially when you're trying to refrain from using that word around young children. But come on. Seriously? I have never, ever heard anybody say those words -- at least when it comes to referring to down there. It's just stupid.

* Crockett's Cafeteria: Seriously? I understand that the town is just around 700 people but come on. In one of the episodes, the mom and Sugar Bear went out to Crockett's Cafeteria for their eight-year anniversary. Yes, I have never been to Crockett's, nor have ever heard of it, but it looked despicable. At least go to Wendy's, Back Yard Burger or Arby's if there's one there. I'm sure that there is a restaurant in their town that is better than that. I can understand if they don't have much money, but they have to be making a decent chunk of change if their being filmed by TLC. They could have done much better.

I could honestly go on and on and on about this show, but I'm going to just stop here. I think this is enough points. The ONLY reason I'm giving it a 2/10 is because it's somewhat entertaining, even though it's an embarrassment to the people in the South. Other than that, I just don't like the show. TLC should be doing a lot better than following these "rednecks" around. Come on, son.

This Is One Of The Reasons Why I Don't Watch Much T.V. Anymore(BOMB/0 Out Of ****)

Author: kylehaines96 from United States
3 January 2013

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo has accomplished something and that something is to make me absolutely disgusted that something like this can be put on TV on TLC which I find very funny because TLC Stands for The Learning Channel. What am I learning? I am learning that your IQ Can be dropped by watching 1 second of this show.

First off there is no story, I mean what would you expect from a show called Here Comes Honey Boo Boo? Second, the main cast is unbearable to watch and are disgusting. Third, This is a spin-off show of Toddlers And Tiaras and don't even get me started on that abomination.

The final verdict for Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is 0 stars out of 4 which also earns my seal of disapproval. No story, disgusting cast and awful concept Here Comes Honeyy Boo Boo is awful. It is Garbage.

Not Rated.