OMG: Oh My God! (2012) Poster

98 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
Even God will say Oh My God What A Movie
gurugulab_khatri0628 September 2012
OH MY GOD Its the best movie of the year along with Barfi Story screenplay acting everything is perfect. Paresh Rawal and Akshay together created magic as always. Songs are awesome. This movie is the perfect example of how a movie can be good without heroines and item numbers, or action and romance. Paresh Rawal should get national award for this movie,he gave his best. Akshay had a short role but he was best, he was perfect for the role of Krishna. I thought it will be a comedy movie, but after watching i will say the movie got everything, comedy, emotions, love, humanity. This movie is a delight for movie lovers, only few biased haters can dislike this movie. Entry of Akshay Kumar was awesome. Mithun was awesome, loved his character, but Paresh stole the show along with Akshay. Even God will watch this movie and say OH MY GOD what a movie
111 out of 121 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One of the most path breaking bollywood films ever!!!!
Jasrick Johal29 September 2012
WOW, what a film, I was pretty much speechless after i exited the theater. The message this film gives is that god is in every human being, then why do we go looking for him in mandhirs, churches, mosaics, gurdwaras, etc Why has god and religion become a business, why do we spends millions and billions of dollars at religious places as people when we can take that same money and help the poor, won't god be more happy then. This and many more messages are conveyed in this movie through characters, like Kanji Bhai, Krishna, etc Another really plus point about the film is that it is told in a light hearted way, in a comedy, the film isn't very preachy and still conveys its beautiful and real message. For me when it comes to performances Paresh Rawal has just done such an amazing job, he deserves all the applauds, accolades, awards, in the world for his portrayal as Kanji bhai. Akshay Kumar as always is very good in a small but important role, his and Paresh's chemistry is just too good. Other notable performances Mithun, was really good as the sadhu, and so was Govind Namdev. Music was good and suited the film very well. All tech aspects were just perfect. Umesh Shukla the director is the heart of the film and he has done an incredible job, he deserves, a national award for his efforts, he was just that good. A special mention for the amazing dialogues very smart and well written,

So all in all this is must watch film for not just the people in India, but for everyone in the world. A masterpiece film, this should be India's official entry to the Oscars. its that good and beyond one of the best movies ever made in bollywood. 10 out 10 rating
52 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
An intelligent comedy
Parth Dave28 September 2012
Oh My God is based on successful gujarati play Kanji Viruddh Kanji. Oh My God is a story of Kanjibhai who does not believe in god. One day Kanjibhai's shop gets destroyed in earthquake. Then Kanjibhai complains about God in court.

Paresh Rawal is absolutely splendid as a Kanjibhai and his arguments about reality of religion will make you think for a while. Akshay also plays the role of lord Krishna superbly. Surprise package of the film is Mithun Chakraborty. His comic timing is bang on.

First half of the film is filled with some good comedy sequences and second half will make you amazed with some heart touching and heart shaking scenes. Main USP of the film is its unique concept. The film ends with a noble message. Story is perfectly directed by Umesh Shukla and he deserve a big cheer.

Oh My God is a must watch film for everyone because intelligent Kanjibhai and modern lord Krishna cant be missed.
58 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Love the God!! God is our friend and stays in humans not in stones!! Superb subject
Manish Upamman30 September 2012
We have always been taught that God is our father always fear God. But this movie say God is our best friend so love the Almighty. Excellent movie with hilarious content.

Movie is story of small Gujarati businessman Kanji Bhai superbly played by Paresh who doesn't believe in God. His life take a big turn when he lost everything in earth quake, Insurance company refuses to claim saying this is act of God and can't be claimed.Thus he decided to take big decision and movie is all about that decision.

Akshay played role of modern God. If you are thinking that why God is modern go watch a movie you will find a meaningful reason behind it. Akshay is excellent too.

Movie criticizes the big business that is based on selling God or we can say playing with emotion of people.

God is not in stones or temples. God is in emotions,humans. Do not donate big amount to temples just help the poor and God will be happy. Don't waste your time searching god here and there instead search in humanity. Be fearless and love the God.

Must watch
43 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
OMG - Oh My God!... Must Watch For All Ages.
nisakki930 September 2012
OMG Oh My God! Is a wonderful film with an amazing message that everyone should apply in their lives!

Paresh Rawal delivers an outstanding performance, one of his best till date.

Akshay Kumar is top notch you can't think of anyone to do his role in the movie.

Mithun Chakraborty is fabulous as a fraud preacher.

Om Puri, Govind Namdeo, Mahesh Manjrekar and rest have played their roles perfectly.

There are some glitches in the movie like abrupt camera work but it has nothing to do with the story or screenplay.

Grip makes a movie perfect; That's what happens here, you'll get glued to your seats start to end!

I don't know how the play was, but I simply loved the movie.

After Watching OMG! My religion is OMG! Oh My God!

I'll rate it 8/10 Unmissable especially for "so called" religious people wasting time, money, milk and oil at temples.
38 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Best movie so far
Shankhayan Dasgupta29 September 2012
Oh My God!!!! yes this is what i have to say after watching this movie. Its just superb,it had everything,comedy,stunt,action,fiction,a serious message and a deep emotional connect. This kind of film is a rarity in modern world. This film not only entertains but also enlightens people mind.You are bound to ask certain questions to yourself after watching the film. It thought provoking and your mindset may change after watching the movie. Everything is said in such a gentle and comic manner that the film does not bore a bit. As per acting is concerned well,u can say nothing to the performances by all the character but to applaud and appreciate. Paresh Rawal in the protagonist''s role has been out of the world,superstar Akshay Kumar portrayed the role of Sri Krishna outstandingly,Mithun,Chakravarty,Govind Ramdeo were just fantastic and all other supportive characters lend tremendous support. The main plus point of the film is its novelty in the story,its acting,its direction and the plot.. You are surely getting amazed after seeing such brilliant film and if u miss this then surely you are missing the best Indian film ever. I can and i think no one can give anything less than 10 to this film.
59 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
An Entertaining, Well-Intentioned & Superbly Acted Film!
namashi_128 September 2012
Adapted from a highly acclaimed Gujrati play named Kanji Virrudh Kanji, 'OMG Oh My God!' is An Entertaining, Well-Intentioned & Superbly Acted Film! Its an honest, meaningful, humorous & heartfelt film that definitely deserves a watch.

'OMG Oh My God!' Synopsis: An antique shopkeeper takes god to court when his shop is destroyed by a tornado.

'OMG Oh My God!' is a Winner, without a shed of doubt. The Drama works big time & The Narrative is extremely engaging. Kanjibhai's battle with the Almighty, entertains all through, with hardly any dull moment. The strong moral as well as the entertainment quotient take the film to the winning post.

Bhavesh Mandalia & Umesh Shukla's Adapted Screenplay is thoroughly entertaining & heartfelt. It offers a strong moral! Umesh Shukla's Direction is perfect. Cinematography & Editing are fair. Music by Himesh Reshammiya & Meet Bros Anjjan, is decent.

Performance-Wise: Mithun Chakraborty is mesmerizing. The versatile actor plays the evil god-man with utter brilliance. Paresh Rawal is superb as Kanjibhai, portraying the stern atheist with complete conviction. Akshay Kumar is likable as god. Mahesh Manjrekar is excellent. Govind Namdeo is impressive. Poonam Jhawer does a decent job. Om Puri lends grace & clarity in a brief role.

On the whole, 'OMG Oh My God!' is a must see. Go Get Entertained & Enlightened!
75 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
What a wonderful movie
Akash Jadhav30 September 2012
First time i thought its a copy of Bruce almighty or something, but no, its a whole different concept. I think everyone should watch this movie once.

This movie tells a lot of reality which we never know or never wanted to know.

But I think Umesh has done a very good job. Even Paresh Rawal has done a great job.

This movie is worth watch in theaters. Teaches lots of stuff, depends on you what to take or not.

Guys don't think anything, just go and watch.

I ll suggest tell your parents to watch this movie as well.

I don't want to criticize other movies which copies the directions or screens from Hollywood, but this i feel, everything is original.

Yes some of the time you will feel, "aisa real life me kabhi nahi hota". but guys this is movie, and you can learn and take what you want.
48 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
oh my god
amritchhetri0629 September 2012
its is the best movie in the resent time with descent story. everyone is gonna love this movie. it really impress me,,,

This movie is the perfect example of how a movie can be good without heroines and item numbers, or action and romance. Paresh Rawal should get national award for this movie,he gave his best. Akshay had a short role but he was best, he was perfect for the role of Krishna. I thought it will be a comedy movie, but after watching i will say the movie got everything,comedy, emotions, love, humanity.

48 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
OMG! Oh My God --- Must See
yogi198928 September 2012
Movie is based on a person who is an antique shopkeeper name Kanji sells the idol in Chor Bazaar and main thing he doesn't believe in god one day what happens his child was made an Krishna in Dhai Handi what we say an Govinda function was going on. this was the point where picture take twist, he saw his child on TV and go to that place then how to stop that function and make his child to go home as his exam was to be happen next day that an instant he got clicked and he announces that Siddeshwar Baba the character in movie that the Baba wants to be get eaten Curd, Milk etc buy the people so all rush instead of watching Dhai Handi goes to feed the Baba and like that he take his child to home and that instant that Baba curses him that he would be punished by the lord and next day an earthquake takes place at Chor Bazzar and the tragedy part that only the Kanji's store got demolished ..........See Movie to know what happens!

There a lots of fun and emotions during the whole Movie and one major thing You wont get bored at all at the End ...

This Movie actually pass the message that person should believe in helping other poor person rather than feeding a lord Murti by donation ....!!!
44 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this