IMDb > OMG: Oh My God! (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
OMG: Oh My God!

OMG: Oh My God! More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

A movie Bollywood can be proud of

Author: Arjun
8 October 2012

"I am God, so I can do miracles, but just because I do miracles, that does not make me God"~OMG Oh My God

This is a movie on a topic that is very debatable. The acting by everyone was done well, but Paresh Rawal excelled and gave one of his most convincing performances ever. Akshay Kumar who is my favorite actor had a minor role in this movie and did a good job with what was given to him. The music of the movie was outstanding. Melodious music is rarely seen in Bollywood today (the Kumar Sanu era and before). This music was not only melodious, but it had meaningful lyrics as well. Now down to the topic.

The movie is about a man who issues a case against God for causing an earthquake that destroyed his shop. At first I thought he would just find evidence to why God is bad, but what really happens is something that I did not expect. The movie explains how people pray to God only when there is a need to do it or how they bargain with God. However, God is not interested in any of that. He just wants people to be true believers. True believers do not consist of those that partake in such activities where they pour milk down a stone and waste it or give donations to temples for good wishes. It is hard to explain how great of a movie this is. To really understand how great of a movie this is, I urge you to go watch it. The movie can really change your outlook on religious beliefs.

"Be free from fear. Be fearless and have faith in the divine."~OMG Oh My God

oh my god.......an incredible movie

Author: arup070888 (arup070888@yahoo.com) from India
8 October 2012

A must watch movie for all Generation of people. All characters were perfect in their role. This movie not only just give us few hours of entertainment but it also give us a serious take home message about religion and way of living. All situations are perfectly represented. The story line is just superb. It depicts the true picture or reality of our Indian society. It illustrated all type of practical aspects of superstitions in India with powerful dialogues. Watch this revolutionary movie for changing your perception about God. This movie deserves more than just ratings. In my opinion, this type of movie should also be promoted worldwide.

Brilliant! A movie with a Religious Moral \m/

Author: Rishan D'souza from India
7 October 2012

If you are a person who gives a damn about the 'n' raised to infinity number of shitty rituals but has a strong belief in God, this movie is for you. Total justice by everyone when it comes to acting & a very strong religious moral which I personally believe and also wish everyone believes.

Initially, I had no expectations from this movie, since it's not a chick flick :P Thought it would be boring to watch such movies. I usually like movies which have lotta graphics, macho kick ass guys, babes n stuff :P But in the end, I was like WOW! This turned out to be a one hell of a great movie. I would recommend this movie not just to all our youngsters but especially for our mommie daddie uncle aunty dadi dada etc who drive you nuts everyday with their so annoying superstitious beliefs in god.

If this movie brings a change in even 10% of our population, it's a big success! GO FOR IT EVERYONE! YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED even a bit! \m/

"Oh my god "could have gone to Oscar ..Movie of the decade

Author: ushar-gupta from India
7 October 2012

Bollywood is evolving and coming up with sensible cinema and hard hitting cinema. To name a few "kahaani" , Vicky doo nor , gangs of wasseypur , and barfi are few of 2012 movie which i loved and should be seen by everyone . Another movie which i saw today which can be placed at the top of this list is "oh my god". Firstly hats of to akshay and paresh for making such a bold film. Most of the time people don't try to attempt this kind of cinema as they think people's sentiments will be hurt . BUT OMG IS MADE in such a way that it not only entertains you but give you the real inside of religious faiths people have in India and what actually happens on the name of religion, without hurting anyone's feeling.

Performance wise.... Brilliant Acting by paresh raw al , he portrays the role of a shopkeeper with ease and his court room scenes r just brilliant . Akshay kumar has little to do in the movie but he does justice to his role . I cannot imagine lord Krishna being played by someone else oder than akshay.. But the real surprise is Mithun chakraborty he makes u laugh just with his expressions :-) . On the whole omg is a movie which cannot be missed , it is a movie with a message that makes you think even after the movie is over. Hardly Bollywood makes sensible movies so don't miss this one.... 10/10

Watch it for the Story, the Message and Paresh Rawal's Brilliance

Author: Jay Mehta from Mumbai, India
7 October 2012

The three best things you will take away from this movie when you walk out of the hall would be story, message and brilliant acting by Paresh Rawal. The movie is adapted from a famous Gujarati play Kanji vs. Kanji, which also had Paresh Rawal in the lead role.

The story flow is gripping and you wouldn't want to miss even a single second of movie. With a unique case of a human suing GOD, the direction has been brilliant to keep the story in context and make sense at the same time. While words won't be able to describe Paresh Rawal's acting brilliance, the movie also witnessed impressive performances from Mithun Chakraborty, Govind Namdev and Akshay Kumar. Om Puri, as always, was impeccable even in a brief role.

However, the major highlight of the movie is its war against commercialization of religion in the country. The extent of monetary and non-monetary waste to please GOD, not out of love but out of FEAR, has been depicted at various points of time in the movie. It is this fear, that dharma-gurus take advantage of and make billions out of it. And as long as this fear is there to stay, the blind beliefs are also there to stay. While Kanji is an atheist, he is well aware of this and also takes advantage of it in his own way to run his business of God idols. However, he questions this foolishness in the society and the searches the answers as well.

In the nutshell, the movie offers a food for thought at the end and, of course, a brilliant movie experience as well.

A daring attempt which should be lauded and appreciated for its wonderful message

Author: Ketan Gupta from India
6 October 2012

OMG turned out to be a surprise message-oriented fun-loving cinema with mind-blowing performance by Paresh Rawal.

With his shop destroyed by mother nature , Kanjibhai files a case against god to seek answer to his downfall

Directed by Umesh Shukhla , OMG was a full-fledged entertainment mocking at the fraudulent religious believers and hypocrites who fool people in the name of God . One such scene where people flock into the temples to offer prasad to Krishna Idol indicates how much people can have blind- faith in religious activity. Hats off to the director to give a film which no one has ever attempted. Based on the popular play , OMG throws surprise with every scene and is sure to be lauded for its daring story. Screenplay is tight along with crispy dialogues. Paresh Rawal is the soul of the film. He carries the role of Kanjibhai as if it has been tailor-made for him. Akshaye Kumar does decent job in special appearance.

Overall . OMG is a daring attempt which should be lauded and appreciated for its wonderful message

please guys watch this movie at least one time

Author: husain_aryanonfire from India
6 October 2012

some of the little minded people don't like this kind of concept. But it is the real picture of the real world we need to understand the truth of this kind of cinema it is the new age cinema not fearing from any concept protested crowd i suggest everyone to go with your friends, family etc to watch this paresh raval is very good in this film mithun done his role very well one song Go Go Govinda i choreographed very well prabhu deva & sonakshi looking good and danced well. keep it up. akshay kumar is good in the role of lord krishna and he looks charming. some of the punch lines are very good. the picturesqueness & concept is huge.

Inspiring, to say the least.

Author: akshatsingh87 from United States
4 October 2012

@Ratan006, please watch the first 5 minutes of the movie, where they have clearly stated that the movie was based on a play, that was inspired from the Aussie film. They've even mentioned the crew of that film (Director, Writer, Producers.)

The movie is based on mythology, and meant to make us understand the real values and morals. It's a movie that's made to open you eyes, and your minds towards the truth. When Akshay and Paresh team up, you can always expect good.

I would suggest this movie to anyone and everyone. We've had every genre of movies of late (Akshay himself, is following this with a "Khiladi" flick). This is a more thought-provoking one. If you know someone who is not too happy with oneself/The Almighty, take him/her to the movie and you will be thanked.

(The movie is meant to convey a message, and like most moral stories, do not go in, expecting to see a very realistic film. Just cherish the wisdom.)

An absolute delight

Author: Karan L from United Arab Emirates
3 October 2012

A heart warming light comedy having its own flavour of satire. Except for the camera work being abrupt at times, an entertaining movie without even a boring minute.

Of the regular fare that has been dished out in the past 4 months, I would rate this movie right at the top. Absolutely delightful performances from Gobind Namdeo and Mithunda.

The 2nd best I would consider Akshay, in the role of Krishna - though a marginally longer screen time and a few more antics would be welcome. Of course, this effort washes away the ill will and the mental torture endured while watching JOKER.

And of course, the cherry on the icing was Paresh Rawal in the role of Kanjibhai. Its been quite a while he has had a chance to top up Baburao Ganpatrao Aapte's character from Hera Pheri. Hats off to him!!

Go enjoy this movie on the weekend with family and kids (I know my kids loved the movie).

oh my god

Author: Bad Soul from India
3 October 2012

Oh My God!!!! yes this is what i have to say after watching this movie. Its just superb

this movie is really interesting.... i think this is movie say something to everyone in this present world..... follow the TRUTH its the only thing what u should rely on.... and this movies teaches everything to the right step..... believe in god from the heart not by giving something to god... as its some business.

i really appreciate Umesh Shukla from my deep heart for making this kind of movie...... thank u sir....

its a good movie frends see it and make it usefulll...

Page 6 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]