IMDb > OMG: Oh My God! (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
OMG: Oh My God!

OMG: Oh My God! More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

A must watch for everyone

Author: deepakyadavhp from New Delhi, India
17 November 2012

what a film!! every thing which an atheist or i should say a true believer wants to explain to a fool...is all their in the movie..but still there are some very small plot holes in the movie although the movie explains very much what they want. the real hero of the movie was Paresh Rawal, his acting was superb and add another gem stone in his career...while Mithun Mithun Chakraborty proves himself once again as a legendary actor he plays the character very well...and now Akshay Kumar prove himself that he can do these type of movies too...although his acting skill didn't match Paresh Rawal or Mithun Chakraborty...the script was well written. characters well played but there were very small small mistakes which did not take this movie to another height...i wish this movie to be seen by every other person on earth and tell them about what god wants us to do...(sorry for mistakes i made in this review)

Movie that enables you to be a better man

Author: gauravkainth from India
16 November 2012

Just watched OMG ! Making a movie like this in India is extremely difficult but the director of this movie had everything written so well. This movie not only makes you laugh but its makes you think about the reality. JOB WELL DONE ! I would not like to ruin you movie by giving spoilers. It does not matter what country, religion or caste you are from this movie is a must watch it brings us closer to the reality of being better human. It enables you to be a better person. As mentioned in Geeta its all about karma. Rather then spending time and bribing god you should do good to make him happy. I come from a Hindu sikh family and this movie did not hurt any of my sentiments or my views. It was very well written and director knew that Paresh rawal would be the best person to start with. Akshay kumar was perfect actor to play the modern Krishna he conveyed the message very well. I have written very few reviews on IMDb, because a very few movies makes go that far. Everything I learned from this movie would stay with me.

Best movie ever made in India

Author: Kamlesh Kumar Smittening Man from Korba, India
16 November 2012

Its the best movie ever made in India..just look at the simplicity and powerful dialogs...watch this movie for lots of teachings and to know about the reality of GOD and religion along with entertainment. Akshay Kumar and Paresh Rawal are as always at their best and sincere roles-no useless jokes this time-Its really a good movie that you must watch with your family-a movie for both kind of people-who believe in GOD extremely and one who don't believe in GOD anyway. This movie tells a lot of reality which we never know or never wanted to know. Paresh Rawal has done a great job.

This movie is worth watch in theaters. Teaches lots of stuff, depends on you what to take or not.

Guys don't think anything, just go and watch.

I ll suggest tell your parents to watch this movie as well.

I don't want to criticize other movies which copies the directions or screens from Hollywood, but this i feel, everything is original.

Yes some of the time you will feel, "aisa real life me kabhi nahi hota". but guys this is movie, and you can learn and take what you want.

10 out of 10

Author: GrandMasterrrr from United Kingdom
12 November 2012

A good and must-see film. It was was thought provoking with brilliant light humor and doses of drama. The movie is a satire that deals with corrupted method's used by religious swami's in India to rip-off the vulnerable people, by creating religious myths that are not in the scriptures. The movie has a powerful message and only hope the vulnerable people get a wake-up call after seeing this movie in the theater.

performance wise Paresh Rawal delivers perhaps his best-ever in a leading role, he deserves all the applauds, accolades, awards, in the world for his portrayal as Kanji bhai. Akshay Kumar in title role always is very good in a supporting role, his and Paresh's chemistry is just too good. Mithun da, was really good as the sadhu.

10 out 10 rating

Must Watch for Everyone

Author: tanmoy999 from Kolkata
12 November 2012

This is one movie which every people of every religion, every cast should watch over & over again... This movie shows the true spirit of God & how we people are shamelessly commercializing the devotion for our own benefit...

Akshay as Krishna was simple yet elegant. Paresh Rawal was impeccable in his acting & portrayed the character of an atheist perfectly. There was a lot of fun moments. But above all, the movie delivers a bold yet true message - God is a symbol of Love. God is not a tool for extortion. Today the common people are fooled & extorted in the name of God, & we accept it out of fear. But God is not someone to be afraid of. God stands for Smiles, for Peace, for Happiness. And the movie shows us just that. So I recommend everyone to watch the movie & spread its message to every corner of the world... God bless us all... Hats off to everyone who are a part of such a brilliant movie...

Muslims should watch this

Author: sabiyalsaghir10 from Pakistan
11 November 2012

As a Muslim myself I was a bit skeptical to watch this movie,as I thought it would be all about Hindu Gods and stuff.But I read the reviews and the immense likes so I gave it a try and I wasn't disappointed.I always thought too that it's one GOD,of the same religions,this movie shows the truth how people are blindly worshiping idols and Hindu Saints are getting money out of all that. It's a hilarious flick which addresses the present problems,and I think everyone should watch this no matter what religion. Everyone gave brilliant performances and the movie doesn't lag at all.It's a mind opener for all. Bottomline:Watch it!

Beautiful. Just Beautiful.

Author: mz-perfect110 from United States
10 November 2012

This is honestly the most beautiful movie i have ever seen. I mean, everything about it was touching. The right emotions, the right acting, the right timing. Hats off to Paresh Rawal and Akshay Kumar :) they really portrayed their roles well. I could not have been more awed! Akshay has always been a splendid actor but this was a role of a lifetime and he proved to me that the character really does live in the heart. He touched my heart with his perfect dialogues. Paresh Rawal is just amazing. There really is no word to sum him up. Everything about him was perfect! My perspective on religion has started to look different, although i still believe in the power of God. He is right: be fearless people; Most people are not god-loving people, they are god-fearing people. I am really proud of actually watching this film. Its a great piece of artwork and i recommend this film to everyone. It really is worth a watch!

Only one sentence: Every one who has any access to movies must not skip this one.

Author: Shuchi Saxena from India
30 October 2012

Loved the movie. If you are a youngster (3yrs-30yrs); you have to watch this one. As you are going to shape the ideology of our future world. Do it with right concepts. No matter you believe in God or not. Doesn't matter which religion you follow. A great watch if you are a logical person; and a must required watch; if it is otherwise. Very well thought of. In a country like India, it was courageous of the makers to come up with such a powerful idea. The presentation is so simple and apt that you connect instantly. Do watch it with all your family by any means you find comfortable. And if i may advise, see it in one go without being stubborn about your spiritual concepts.

For God's sake don't miss it!

Author: mohitsamant from Kansas City, MO, USA
28 October 2012

This is clearly the most path breaking and thought provoking movie I've seen in recent times. India is a place where most people believe in visiting temples, donating money (and/or hair!) and performing rituals to please the Gods. The movie not only questions these practices but also leaves you questioning your own faith.

The movie is not anti-religion or atheistic. On the contrary, it presents a strong opinion about the existence of God. It is probably Paresh Rawal's finest performance since Hera Pheri (2000).

The premise is unique - A shopkeeper sues "God" when an insurance company denies his claim for his broken shop during an earthquake because earthquake is classified as an "Act of God" and hence not covered in the policy. The court then summons religious powerhouses from across the country as the case is accepted and argued in court.

Mithun Chakraborty is outstanding as the evil/sissy God man. Mahesh Manjrekar is brilliant as the shyster. Akshay Kumar as "Krishna" is likable for a change. It's definitely a must see for all age groups. Go get entertained and enlightened!

Deserves an Oscar!

Author: kumarakshay175
21 October 2012

Kanji Bhai (Paresh Rawal), a middle-class Hindu atheist runs a shop in Chor Bazaar, Mumbai, which sells Hindu idols and statues along with his friend and neighbour, Mahadev. Married to a very devout wife, Susheela, and a father of two (a boy and a girl), Kanji is a hardcore non-believer and routinely indulges in activities such as tricking customers into paying huge sums of money for his statues under false pretenses, and drinking alcohol while on pilgrimage. He also disrupts a local festival in order to get his son away from the celebration. The Hindu priest presiding over the function, Siddheshwar Maharaj, shouts at him and says that "God will curse you". That night a small earthquake occurs in Mumbai, but there are no damages at all to property or life - except for Kanji Bhai's shop, which has been destroyed completely. Susheela, along with Kanji's neighbours, tells him to accept God so that his misfortunes will end. Kanji refuses, and digs through the shop's rubble to find his Godrej safe, which is still intact. Opening it, it he produces his insurance papers, saying that "no damage has been done". However, the next day at the insurance office, Kanji and Mahadev are told that the policy does not cover any damage caused by earthquakes, which are classified as an "Act of God".

Out of options, Kanji decides to file a lawsuit against God. He eventually visits Hanif Qureshi (Om Puri), a poor Muslim lawyer who was attacked and crippled by Islamic extremists for taking Hindu clients. Qureshi agrees to help Kanji, but warns that since he is bed-ridden without the use of his legs, he can only file the case, and Kanji will have to argue it himself. Kanji agrees, and together they send legal notices to the insurance company, as well as Siddheshwar Maharaj, summoning him to court along with his senior, Gopi Maiyya (Poonam Jhawer) and the group's founder, Leeladhar (Mithun Chakraborthy). Although a Guru of the Sect (credited simply as "The Pujari" and played by Arun Bali) asks the three of them to at least arrange a meeting with Kanji and hear out his problem, they refuse, deciding instead to confront him in court.

Kanji's plea is accepted by the court , but religious sects come to kill him. Enters MODGOD AKSHAY KUMAR!!! The best thing in the movie. After this the whole movie teaches you a new way to pray. Preaches a message that don't find god in stones , find them in HUmans.

Paresh Rawal is fantastic. Akshay Kumar proves himself yet again. Mithun Da is an element of surprise. Rest were good, above expectations. 10/10

Page 4 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]