IMDb > "Nashville" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Expectations: Surpassed!

Author: koltinthompson from United States
14 October 2012

A few months ago, I saw a teaser on ABC advertising this new show "Nashville." At the time, I was skeptical of the show, dismissing it as just another one season wonder. I assumed it would employ pointless sexuality, unrealistic dialogue (done in cheesy southern accents), and plot points that ventured outside of likelihood.

And then I found out that the creator was the screenwriter from "Thelma & Louise" and that most (if not all) of the actors and actresses had pristine track-records when it came to their choices (Connie Britton's work on "Friday Night Lights", Hayden Panettierre's work on "Heroes", etc. etc. etc.), not to mention having music produced by some of country music's hottest. I decided, "What the heck?" and decided to give the show a shot.

Every aspect of the show blew me away, from the opening shots of Nashville (I'm a Tennessee native myself, so it's always refreshing to see my great state shown in such a marvelous light), to the wonderful performances of Britton and Panettiere and other cast members, to the knock-your-socks off music (none of your Glee original music here; this is some high quality country!...which is saying a lot, as I am not a huge fan of country music), to the SUBTLE sexuality which--in my opinion--outdoes the blatant sexuality every time.

In all, I found this to be one of the most promising shows (if not THE most promising show!) of the 2012-2013 season, and I cannot wait to tune in each and every Wednesday.

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!

Absolutely Needed Television

Author: golson4007-506-865832
18 October 2012

This show makes you FEEL.

It's been SO long--TOO long--since there has been any 'good' t.v.--as in years-- that actually seeing and being able to absorb this show in its entirety is beyond what I could have hoped for in its plot lines, the actor's singing abilities and the DEEP emotional connections and REAL LIFE stories that you WANT to follow and be part of is just too much. I can't believe they actually take the time to sing an entire song in each episode--I LOVE THAT! They say so much during the time that song is being sung!

I am so happy with this show it makes waiting an entire week just to see the next episode too long a wait. This is what television is supposed to show--a non-sensationalized storyline allowing the audience in to becoming part of what the characters are feeling in following where their lives have come from, what that has produced, and where they are going; developing empathy, compassion, and understanding along the way, vs. the crap and fake "reality" shows that are not asked for, but are overproduced and overcrowd the air time.

I will be watching this show--a drama that pulls you IN--in to all the missing-for-too-long-aspects-of-humanity found in the characters, story lines, songs, lyrics, melodies, and relationships--back to what I want from t.v. to show--every single week. And EVERY actor is perfectly cast and pulls you into their character's storyline with absolute perfection.

Thanks ABC for actually putting on a show worth watching. Finally a show without some agenda the studio is trying to shove down the audiences throat--finally a show for the rest of us who want shows like this but are never asked what we want.

This Show is a Winner! Can't wait to next week!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
11 October 2012

I can't say enough about this drama. Connie Britton also produces plays Rayna James, a veteran country music star. She does a fabulous job in the role and should be getting an Emmy for it. Hayden Panetterie whom I watched when she was on Guiding Light years ago is fantastic as Juliet Barnes, a rising star. She does a fantastic job in her role. Powers Boothe plays Rayna's father and is brilliant in his supporting role. Eric Close is fine as Teddy Conrad, Rayna's husband. The best part of the show is that it is filmed on location in Nashville, Tennessee and it shows with landmark sites like the Ryman Auditorium, the Grand Ole Opry, the Bluebird Cafe, and others. The series shows light on the country music set, politics, and the relationships and dynamics among them. Can't wait for the next episode! This show is a winner!

Unbelievably good.

Author: gsanders-4 from United States
25 October 2012

I am just blown away by every aspect of this night-time "soap." The music, the singing, the story-line, the acting; just everything is amazing.

I was in the music biz for several years, and this is exactly what it's like. Ambitions VS personal relationships; personal relationships ASSISTING ambitions, plus everything in between.

Note: These actors are doing their own singing---sort of like GLEE---only it's really real, truly emotional and they're original songs; not over-produced covers.

I believe this show will give country music a big revival, and country music is not even my favorite.

Outstanding

Author: brucedent from Canada
11 October 2012

Connie Britton lives up to her terrific work on Friday Night Lights, and is very impressive for her work as this series' producer. The Nashville location filmed long shots are absolutely breath taking, and prompts an interest to visit Nashville. The great music is worth the time in itself, thanks in part to the Executive Music credit work by music legend T Bone Burnett. The show has a great working cast on several levels from several TV veterans (Connie Britton, Eric Close & Powers Boothe etc) coupled with a glitzy locale; strong story lines; humour; great music and a "new look for TV" at the music industry. I can't wait to see how this series' plot develops.

So Impressive!

Author: lasherxl from Slightly North of Hell
17 October 2012

Now lets just start off by saying I had already expected to like this show. I'm a big fan of the 2 female leads and reading and hearing all the buzz and what i'd seen in previews I had a feeling we were in for something special.

Then the first episode debuts and I'm left completely stunned, not only is the acting and story top notch, but the songs are completely ace, and I am no country music fan so that definitely is saying something. That last song "If I Didn't Know Better" blew me away and was a perfect end to the evening, it was soulful, deeply profound, and evocative.

As leads Hayden and Connie drive the story so wonderfully as strong women and musicians with clear and definitive points of view, oddly enough some of them are the same *cough* Deacon *cough*. Let me just briefly mention Charles (Chip) Esten who I have not really seen since the old skool Brit Who's Line is it Anyway, but this time instead of improv comedy he's doing full blown drama and music, very impressive.

If you haven't yet watch this and you won't be disappointed.

Great original TV show

Author: mtzakowich from Canada
2 November 2012

This is a great TV show with great actors and great music!!! By far one of the best new shows of the season!!!!! The story lines have tonnes of potential and the music gets better and better!!!! Its different than a lot of the TV out there, it's not the same old, same old. People watch this show and stop with all the reality crap!!! I am tired of good television shows getting cancelled before they are ever given a chance. You don't have to be a country music fan to watch this show, I'm not and I've already downloaded some of the songs they were that good. You just have to like good TV with good stories and appreciate good music. And this is good TV

Absolutely perfect show

Author: maria joao from Portugal
27 January 2013

I should begin by saying that I'm not usually a fan of dramas. If a show doesn't make me laugh, then most likely, I won't keep up with it. I am, however, a big country music lover so I decided to give this show a shot. I ended up watching three episodes in a row and had to stop myself or else I would just forget about my real life obligations.

There is a lot of story in this show. Nashville is not one of those TV shows that keep you wishing something would happen, but it never does. This show is fast-paced, but not so much that you'll lose track of what's happening.

The music on the show is superb, even for those who don't like country music. They sing about love, freedom, loneliness, not drinking a beer on a Friday night like you'd probably expect.

The characters are well-written and well-performed; you're going to be left wishing some characters developed faster, but truth is that it is what it is and, at the end of the day, it makes sense that they don't develop faster than they do.

Give this show a shot. It's not a coincidence that it is one of the best critically acclaimed shows this season. This is a show worth watching and worth following. It always keeps you wishing the episode didn't end.

Total (enjoyable) surprise

Author: martinj918 from United States
31 October 2012

I'm not particularly a fan of country music so I watched this first out of simple curiosity. Now I'm hooked. Why? The MUSIC in this show is terrific. I have actually bought two of the songs from i Tunes. And, like I said, I'm not a fan of country music. The plot is FUN. It's interesting. Some reviewer said that it was an obvious plot, but my god, this is TV and if the plot is obvious then so is the on button on your remote. The plot is FUN and it moves -- fast. When some character acts like a jerk his retribution is swift. When two young people look lovingly at each other in the next scene they are bonded. If the rich guy has a reputation for buying his way into politics in the next scene he DOES IT. It's TV and it's fun. The music in the show is amazing to me. I'm a classical music kind of guy but I melted over the performances of "Fade Into You" and "If I didn't know better". Also, the talent who sings these songs is new to me and they have intriguing voices. Surprisingly, one is an Australian and the other is English but they know how to do lovely singing.

If You Love Music

Author: Lewis01-228-458550 from United States
19 October 2012

I have seen the first two episodes and in each I was mesmerized by the music. While I deeply enjoy all kinds of music from classical to heavy metal, truth be known that I have never really followed country. That is until this show grabbed hold of me from its inception. At first I thought that the music was dubbed, but it is not and what amazes me is the singing talents of Connie and Hayden. The duet sung by Clare and Sam was mind blowing. Not just the singing but the camera work and the looks on the faces of the actors was as much apart of the song as the voices. If you didn't feel anything from viewing and listening to it you must be on the slab at the coroners.

This is a show that will take time to gain a footing with the audiences. ABC needs to give it a full season to reach out to the viewers. It is a unique piece of art within a gallery of the same old things. If you haven't watched it, than start from the beginning. When you do view it, don't do anything else. You must give it your undivided attention. If you love music, you will love this show. I wish it the best.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]