Lourdes is a young woman that works at night cleaning a restaurant. All the money she made is for her son that lives in her hometown with her mother. We know very little about Lourdes son, ... See full summary »
Farmhouse is a psychological thriller set in the modern day mid-west. We follow a young couple as they leave their everyday lives behind and head out to a new beginning; starting over from ... See full summary »
Jamie Anne Allman,
William Lee Scott,
A young real estate broker is planning a romantic meeting with her boyfriend in an old apartment building. But the couple is forced to fight for their lives, when a group of murderers is trying to kill them.
Ingrid García Jonsson,
Oriol Tarrida Homedes
The Seasoning House: where young girls are prostituted to the military. An orphaned deaf mute is enslaved to care for them. She moves between the walls and crawlspaces, showing the little kindnesses when she can. When fate brings the men that murdered her family and the reason she ended up in the whore house, a chain of events begins that will end her captivity, free the girls still alive in the ... See full summary »
"DEVOURED is a suspense short story that tells the story of ALLAN ROSS whom, after a car accident, wakes up in a hospital missing his arm. Only to realize that the hospital he's staying at ... See full summary »
Román and his friend Ali seek out his girlfriend Jackie in a dangerous zone in a suburb in Buenos Aires. Ali shows an old house and tells that Jackie had met a blonde guy that she found in ... See full summary »
Jo, Max, Gwen and Dave win the competition.Then they head off on an all expenses paid trip to New York, courtesy of the social network. As they board the private jet, they are asked to ... See full summary »
Scarlett Alice Johnson,
This movie is weird... I've always enjoyed the modern European cinema. There's tons of fantastic movies produced in Spain, France, even Russia. In fact, Europe and Asia (specially South Korea, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Japan), have manage to surpass even Hollywood (it's still in a downfall, in quality terms). Spain, has a remarkable list of horror/thriller/suspense movies, like the franchise REC, The Eye of Julia, among others... so, it was with great expectations that I saw this one... so let me start:
1. The plot in IMDb is wrong... no one is trying to buy a house. The movie is about a journalist that is making an investigation about underground restaurants. In the midst of the investigation, he was invited to an underground restaurant that served human meat. If you're not in the "cuisine" thing (like Ramsay's or Olivier's TV shows viewers), this plot is somewhat empty, for you...
2. The acting is neither bad or good... it seems empty... only that...
3. There is some nudity, along the movie, but it tends to be "blurred" by the violence of the scene itself...
4. The movie builds around food, and cannibalism, but, with the exceptions of the meat preparations, there's almost no shock around the scenes... I don't know why, but the whole movie seems to be forced...
5. I liked the soundtrack... for me, it's the only good point of the movie itself...
So, if you "dig" cannibal movies, try the oldies... Cannibal Holocaust, for instance... this one, for those who are not into food, as an art, is very boring... if you are interested in food, and enjoy Ramsay's programs, and are addicted to food, not only as a physiologic need, but also as interest, you may find it interesting... for me, is a "no-no".
0 of 0 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?