IMDb > Bad Milo (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Bad Milo!

Bad Milo More at IMDbPro »Bad Milo! (original title)

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

A real lesson in life!

Author: willpryoractor from Devon, England
15 November 2014

Wow this flick has caused a lot of negative responses and i cant quite figure out why, sure it was never going to be everybody's cup of tea but it's actually quite deep! What we have here is a film that shows the importance of letting ones inner demons out and not letting stress get the better of you. Some moments were very touching dare i even say sweet. Much of the humour was pretty crude and slightly childish but very funny the gore is fairly nasty and Milo himself is an amazing looking cute lil guy that is a great psychical effect rather than CGI this made me feel extremely nostalgic towards the fun 80's creature features such as Gremlins and Critters. This is for anyone who has ever let stress effect their everyday lives or anyone who wants to see a really cool 80's style creature.

Bad "Ass" Monster equals funny horror done right

Author: ms-omen73 from
16 July 2014

Bad Milo is another great example of what is right in horror comedy the last few years! Its a perfect blend of bad one liners, potty humor, heart and gore. Who would have thought that a film that teaches us about Anus Mythology, could be so awesome?! And I can't believe I am saying this about something that is borne out of a mans ass, but damn Milo is adorable. I swear by the end of the film you're going to want a Milo all of your own, poor misunderstood lil guy!

Duncan is an average good guy, living the average good guy life. He has a decent job, a good woman, and what looks like a okay life. He struggles with some tummy trouble, mom offers remedies, doctors try to help, and eventually he ends up unhappily in therapy where we can get to root of his problems. Pretty quickly this film pulls you in with a great opening scene, and then it keeps pace through the entire film, rotating between great blood soaked moments and humor sometimes mixing the two perfectly in such a disgustingly delicious way that you may feel both grossed out and ashamed for laughing at such wretchedness. You will also find yourself shocked by how much you want to hug this little ass borne, doe eyed, killing machine, i swear I even got teary at one point for the lil fellow! It was awful!, but it goes to show the amount of emotion that is in this film, not what you would expect from a story like this one.

If you haven't watched this film yet definitely add it to the list, it is a gem! The cast is made up of comedy veterans who bring this film to a whole new level of funny, and the gore is very effective with some scenes really looking incredibly good. I will definitely be pulling this one out again for years to come. It just goes to prove stress kills, but sometimes its kills the other guy!!!

All in all more touching than you would think, a true black comedy

Author: Robert Brewster from United States
1 October 2014

Where to start with this movie. When I first started watching it I wasn't blown away, the acting was good (I'm looking at you Patrick Warburton) but the main guy, Duncan, just struck me as an unlikable mook. Then the ass demon appeared and the whole thing changed. I suddenly found myself not only laughing at the absurdity of it all but also taken aback by the feels and not the feels that one would imagine having from an ass demon crawling his way back into your ass but more as if he had crawled his way into my heart.

The whole shebang really takes a turn when Milo, the brown town demon, crawls its way from Duncan's ruined sphincter to kill the people who hurt him and you start to understand what makes this anxious dork tick. As revealed during a therapy session with a kooky hypnotist, Duncan's father had abandoned him as a child and with Duncan's wife wanting a baby he is faced with something that people with abandonment issues often face. An issue I myself faced and that is the fear that we will end up like our fathers. This point is driven home even more when it is revealed that Duncan's father also has an ass demon and that Duncan's wife is finally pregnant. Upon hearing the news Duncan does exactly what his father did, he turns and runs, unable to process. Did I just find an emotional connection to a guy who spends part of the movie trying to feed cat food to a wide eyed demon that crawled out of his butt? Damn

Duncan shows the classic signs of someone who had an absent parent. He feels anxious in supervisory rolls, feels helpless, unimportant, as if what he wants and what he feels doesn't matter. Milo embodies his internal and his external stresses, his desires and his rages, the things he won't let himself address. As he tries to bond with Milo, at the behest of that nutty therapist, it symbolizes not just coming to terms with those parts of himself ("I know you were only dong that for me.") but also coming to terms with the fact that he is not his father. Milo and him take on an almost father/son dynamic toward the end of the film, with Milo calling him "papa" after he had chopped off the poor little guys arm and legs with an ax. That scene itself is one of the most moving parts of the film for a lot of reasons. Not only does Duncan gain control of his darker desires but he accepts Milo back into his ass with the help of his pregnant wife, essentially showing the act of becoming a responsible father helped him accept his own worth. In the end we find Duncan the head of his own company, getting ready for the baby and even taking care of his now invalid father.

The gore was a little cheesy and some of the acting was a little ham-fisted but in the end there are a ton of laughs to be found here and enough comically gruesome scenes for any danger dog to scratch his bone.

Good Black Comedy

Author: Travis from San Francisco
9 October 2013

I have to say one thing first: To anyone saying there are too many poop jokes - First of all there are barely any. And secondly, did you expect there to be zero poop jokes when you saw in the trailer where Milo came from? I wouldn't classify this as a horror/comedy, it's a good and inventive black comedy with a great cast. If you thought Gremlins was a horror then maybe you will think this is one too. Gremlins comparisons are vaguely accurate, although since Gremlins has nostalgia attached to it, Bad Milo won't be the same, although it's definitely funnier than Gremlins and with a better cast. If you want a different and creative comedy then see this, otherwise see another one of the usual contrived and redundant tales.

A great old-school "creature" comedy/horror.

Author: Michael 'Hallows Eve' Smillie from New Zealand
12 August 2013

This movie was quite well done. It had great old-school effects and creature effects which I loved, as it was a throwback to movies like CRITTERS and GREMLINS - except more "Adult" orientated. I was happy watching this film from start to finish and I laughed out loud at some parts. Milo (the creature) is kind of cute in some parts of the film, and you kind of grow to like him, even though you know he is going to kill people. Ken Marino plays the part of 'Ken' very well, for me he keeps this movie rolling along nicely. And with people like Peter Stormare and Patrick Warburton in it, this film is a very good comedy/horror. I give it a good 7.5 out of 10.

some minor laughs

Author: SnoopyStyle
4 February 2015

Duncan (Ken Marino) is chased by some mysterious horror. Then it flashes back 123 hours. He is in the doctor's office with his wife Sarah (Gillian Jacobs) with a polyp in his colon. He hates his job and his boss Phil (Patrick Warburton) is making him fire people. He has a new therapist Highsmith (Peter Stormare). His mother Beatrice (Mary Kay Place) brings her boyfriend Bobbi (Kumail Nanjiani) and a fertility doctor to dinner. He poops out a monster which kills everyone who causes him stress. He bonds with it naming it Milo.

It has some minor funny moments. Milo himself generates very few laughs. It's a little gross and very perplexing monster. I think the scene coming out in front of the therapist needs to show their connectivity more. Milo can get hurt and Duncan can get hurt in sympathy in that scene. The horror part of the movie isn't that scary. The comedy has a few good scenes. It's a B-movie that is slightly better than a butt monster ought to be.

Very Bad Milo!

Author: interstellar8888 from United States
1 April 2014

Unfortunately, I could not give this movie 0 stars, but awful does sum it up. The appearance of so many glowing reviews here and the fact that the rating is only 5.7 must be the result of production staff artificially raising the appeal factor of the movie by entering these ridiculous reviews online. One reviewer stated that most of the people viewing the movie "are intellectuals." If you read that review, I guess, compared to the reviewer, that statement would be correct. Of course, he could also be referring the the other members of his kindergarten class. There just is nothing good to say about this movie. A cult classic? Never. I doubt more that 10 people will ever read these reviews anyway.

Stress can cause stomach pains, but so can a creature living in your intestines.

Author: The-Plague from United States
12 June 2014

'Bad Milo' is a horror comedy starring Ken Marino who plays Duncan, an average man with an average life and a not so average creature living in his intestines. When Duncan begins getting stomach pains he assumes they are caused by the stress in his life, but there is actually a much less rational explanation. He soon finds out that he has a creature inhabiting his body; a fierce little monster who comes out through his butt to take revenge on the stress factors in his life. The creature, who looks like a cross between a demon and the "I'm the baby, gotta love me" dinosaur, and Duncan co-exist but how long can the situation stay under control? One might assume that a movie containing a creature that pops out of a man's butt to kill people would be stupid, but 'Bad Milo' is actually very well put together. Writers Benjamin Hayes and Jacob Vaughan succeed in creating a movie with immature subject matter conveyed in a non repugnant way. Milo, the killer hemorrhoid has his own personality and becomes as crucial to the movie as the other characters. At times you let your guard down thinking "he is kind of cute isn't he?" then you remember he came from a guy's butt.

Ken Marino is perfect fit playing the typical "everything about me is average" guy, but he also manages to step up and wedge himself into the hero role. The movie introduces psychological elements such as accepting your Id and also delves into family relationships. 'Bad Milo' never goes completely over the top to the point of losing the viewer, and although I found it enjoyable I think it would have been more successful as a short film. Certain aspects of the story start to become tedious but then a monster pops out of a butt and grabs your attention yet again.

There's a little trooper in your pooper

Author: The Couchpotatoes from Belgium
18 February 2015

Well this wasn't horror at all even if there was the occasional blood spatter and some biting by a little cute butt-monster. But it was humorous. Well at least to me it was. Call me a child, I don't care at all, but when there are jokes about poop or farts I automatically have to laugh. And apparently I'm not the only one that thinks it's funny. For the people that hated this movie what can I say? Did you expect that this movie was going to be anything else when you knew it was about a monster living in your intestines? You knew before even watching it that it would never win Oscars or whatever price but is that the point of a movie like this? No, it's just a bit of fun for the open minded. Glad I saw it. I certainly had to laugh more in 90 minutes then in 10 seasons of How I met your mother...

The Men's version of the movie TEETH.

Author: Reno Rangan from Somewhere in the Cosmos
4 January 2016

Clearly I was delaying this watch for over the past couple of years. Finally, I ended watching it during this holiday season (December 2015). I am glad to get over with it and sad for dragging it this far, because the film was not that bad as I have heard.

May be we call it the men's version of the movie 'Teeth'. Since the sexual intercourse is kind of complication for the theme from this movie to draw a better storyline, they have introduced a fictional character that detachable from the human body. That is very funny as well as disgusting.

This horror-comedy was average, but very enjoyable and better than being a worse. It was a short flick and had a surprise twist and turns, but the quality to excite us is what's missing. Had a decent story, but the scenes that constructed were not top notch. Being a B movie is that why it passes the flaws' test because of the restricted budget and for not having a top star in the lead. Simply one time watch movie and nothing a big deal about it.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]