IMDb > "Loiter Squad" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Loiter Squad" More at IMDbPro »

The absolute pits

Author: coupyah from United States
5 May 2013

"Comedy" by talentless morons for complete morons. The live equivalent of Adult Swim's 12oz Mouse, which was animation by idiots who could not draw or write 2 minutes of coherent script with a budget of $22 per episode. That show was back in their infancy when I assumed their entire budget was drawn from petty cash and they took anything Williams Street would churn out at Walmart prices. The budget for this show seems to be about double that and no one connected with the show in front of or behind the camera reveals any ability whatsoever. Unlikely you can get stoned enough to even chuckle if your IQ is above room temperature.

Wow, three seasons of real trash TV!

Author: Randy Behn (newpicnictime@gmail.com) from Stroudsburg, PA, United States
28 May 2014

This show is truly the most offensive, least creative thing I've yet seen on Adult Swim, with the emphasis on "least creative" (because everything on Adult Swim could be considered offensive). I love shows like Xavier: Renegade Angel because it was obvious that the level of intellect going into the wordplay on that show was beyond anything on television at the time. The Eric Andre Show is clever because of the way it fiercely de-constructs the late-night talk show genre. Even Robot Chicken sometimes rises above its amateurish nature, winking at the stoned English majors in the crowd as if to say, "Yeah, we get you..."

Loiter Squad, on the other hand, is content to reject any glimmer of intellect and instead slams you in the face with tired racist sight gags and reheated "Jackass-style" pranks that taste a lot less fresh in 2014 than they did a decade ago. It reeks of what I would call intellectual laziness. Why waste brain power trying to think of a call-back to a previous bit or researching an appropriate pop culture reference when you can just make yet another predictable watermelon or tap dancing joke?

The thing that upsets me is that crap like this is cheap and easy to create, so of course it will last longer than several of the brilliant but more expensive shows that Adult Swim has produced. I just sincerely hope that there are fewer people watching a third season of this trash than there were clamoring for more Xavier.

A generic sketch show starring an irrelevant hip-hop group

Author: tockwork from United States
5 July 2014

Loiter Squad is nothing more than a buddy sketch show. This show cannot be compared to Jackass, Chappell Show, or Key & Peele due to its extremely low budget, forced jokes, and excessive use of the "N-word". The show doesn't push any new boundaries like other AS shoes. It's simply there to take up space.

Loiter Squad contains excessive swearing, pranks, and an episode where I vaguely remember they sprayed caged cats with (seemingly) water. The show isn't classic by any means and requires you to think real long about why you are watching it; luckily by the time you realize you can change the channel, the show will be over due to its 10 minute run time.

The funniest re-occurring skit I saw was "Mike G.S.I". So, I admit that I like shows where friends are having fun but most of Loiter Sqaud is forced and crude humor from talented musicians who should be putting effort into their musical group.

Stick to music, y'all.

As for you, viewers. Thursday isn't a great night for Adult Swim. Saturday and Sunday is when the block flourishes. Take care. I love you.

Misleading and Awful

Author: Renerocks9 from United States
11 May 2013

I feel as if this is one of Adult Swim's attempts to make a jackass series on television, only about 10x more stupid than you think.

Mind you, this is a review, but what I've just described is this entire television show in a nutshell. They constantly make attempts to lull the audience into believing that stupid actions are funny when also mixed with a factor of randomness.

In fact, just the other night I saw a promo for the show, and it was essentially a man standing on top of a cooked chicken flying in midair while being shot at by a giant, two-headed person. Yeah... I'm.. I'm not sure what this is supposed to be? A Godzilla parody? Laughable.

I'm not sure if these people have ever been to school, but the horrendous display of incompetence with comedy is utterly humiliating. Almost to the point where I want to scream at my TV.

To top it all off, I'd like to read from a defining excerpt on the show. The fact that it's called 'Loiter' Squad obviously insinuates loitering correct? Wrong.

Definition: To stand idly about; linger aimlessly.

Not a single time since I've watched this show have I seen anything relating to loitering. There's not much beside the jackass-style stunts and random acts of stupidity which set the mood for this abomination of a show.

Nevertheless, I am just a reviewer and it's up to you to see this for yourself. I strongly recommend against doing so.

not the greatest thing, but definitely not the worst

Author: petecrimson00 from United States
11 June 2012

This show does have some rather.. questionable moments, but with that said, shows filmed in similar format (ex. Tim & Eric) are done with much less taste in what others will actually find funny. Tim & Eric seems as if it's done purely because they think its funny, because i do not wanna meet who actually laughs at some of that stuff.. This show mixes in pranks on real people along with well filmed sketches, even implementing (kind of making fun of hilariously) such things as video blogging. I've only seen a few episodes, but it's actually funny, and i wish it came on before 3:30 AM for lord's sake, because there are definitely many worse shows that don't deserve a spot before them. worth a watch, 8/10

please watch if you like to loose braincells

Author: hp-anzinger
10 May 2013

I assume you like/love this show if you are > male under 14 and (but best) totally stoned

you will hate this show > older then 25

I was shocked to read that there is a second season coming (very sad) - because there are actually enough people out there that likes this nonsense that could be produced from a 12 year old.

Don't get me wrong I love Jackass, Nitro Circus and Viva la Bam even watched a little bit the Dudesons - but this show is just plain dumb.

Ps: Does anybody know if this Rap Gang is dangerous? It would explain why the producers don't stop them from doing what they are doing – and why the network execs are paying for a second season. I wouldn't argue with them if they are packed – and this would make perfect sense.

Much deeper than one viewing may suggest.

Author: a-ray-landis from United States
14 May 2013

Loiter Squad appears as a collection of low level satirical bits mocking a variety of TV shows such as court drama, cop reality, a host of MTV shows and so on. To the lazy viewer willing to do no more prying than that, this show would be intolerable, but to the engaged and inquisitive viewer, a whole world appears. There are commentaries about black culture and the interplay of white and black culture to be found and explored, there is a much deeper mockery of TV shows that includes exposing the ridiculous nature of producing the bland oatmeal-like pop drivel that graces most of our TV's, and there is an even deeper mockery of the American people and their interest in lowest-common-denominator entertainment. So, as earlier reviews have proved, if you intellectually lazy, the show means nothing, but if you are willing to open your mind and explore the deeper ideas, Loiter Squad is very engaging.

Pleasantly Surprised

Author: bm-freaky from United States
4 July 2012

Loiter Squad is hilarious. I am a fan of prank shows like Jackass and the group Odd Future that created the show. The pranks are creative and extremely funny, and a majority of the skits are good too. The Odd Future guys aren't afraid to do some of the crazier or more embarrassing pranks. You can see how much fun the guys are having making the show and they even show some of the bloopers during the episodes. I had just started watching Tim and Eric Awesome Show before finding out about Loiter Squad, and its impossible to ignore the similarities between the two. Loiter Squad however, is often far less disgusting and much funnier. If you are a fan of Tim and Eric, Jackass, or Odd Future, this is a must see.

Hilarious Show

Author: YungRapunxel212 from United States
18 April 2013

Loiter Squad is created by Tyler, The Creator and Tyler is from The music group Odd Future. The other cast members include Jasper, Lionel, and Taco. The theme song is very catchy. It goes "I Like Cheese" over and over again. There is a voice at the beginning of each episode saying "Warning. These stunts are performed by professionals. So your safety and protection of those around you, don't do none this at home". The way he says home is so funny.

This show is hilarious. The first season is better than the first.

This show is on adult swim on Cartoon Network, so it is very inappropriate. They only blur out the f word, so the n word can be heard through each episode. Lots of cussing.

18+