IMDb > Faith in Destiny (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Faith in Destiny More at IMDbPro »

Modern day film noir . . .

Author: aamurphy57 from USA
18 August 2014

I stumbled onto Faith in Destiny on Hulu. It hooked me from the beginning. Superbly acted (particularly the two main characters) and beautifully filmed (stark yet stylish), it's the story of a man (Killian) who made bad choices, paid for them, and now attempts to live a better, more examined life. Knowing that a misstep, misspoken word, or momentary lapse in judgment can lead to long-term trouble, he tries to keep a low profile and keep out of trouble. Of course, as expected, trouble slips into the picture – sometimes seen, sometimes not – taking him on a new path. Although the pacing sometimes seemed to drag a bit, I kept watching as I truly came to care about the characters and wanted to know what happens to them.

A friend of mine once said that in film noir, no one is innocent. In Faith in Destiny, everyone from the main character to the motel clerk has a sordid secret, ulterior motive, or reckless abandon that drags down those standing too close. In that aspect, Faith in Destiny, while not a black and white 50s flick, is classic film noir.