IMDb > Killjoy Goes to Hell (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Killjoy Goes to Hell More at IMDbPro »

Full Moon at it's very finest!

Author: theHouse ofHaunt from Toronto
26 January 2013

A bargain bin film you'll actually be glad you saw, Killjoy Goes to Hell is full of imagination, creepy costumes, and big laughs. With this installment it's clear that Charles Band and Full Moon Features is tired of being a laughing stock. They've completely upped their game to compete in the new world of films. Trent Haaga (Killjoy) and Victoria De Mare (Batty Boop) deliver outstanding performances, they're funny, creepy, and have excellent dialogue. The fact that Killjoy's whole gang is back is another good sign too, lots of interesting characters to help you lose yourself in the B movie goodness. The settings were masterfully done, both crazy and creepy. Yup, all in all a fun watch whether it's a late night private viewing, or surrounded by friends. Takes me back to the early days of the Twisty Metal franchise. ~Fang

this is the fourth movie in the series and its the best one yet

Author: johuasim
11 January 2013

this movie series has improved dramatically though these last 2 and full moon should keep it going, the concept of a demon clown is great. while some would say that its not i have to say that it plays with the greats like in "it" in Stephen kings movie. The whole movie had great flow and they timed the kills just right they didn't force it though the whole movie like some horror movies. While batty boop did make you want to kill her with that voice but at the same time tied in perfectly with killjoy. In my opinion killjoy 3 and 4 are a must see horror movie for those that feel the horror movies have become to much about the blood and guts that it takes away from plot line and the characters "Killjoy goes to hell" is a flashback to what we all used to love about horror movies. Before you do make sure to watch the third one. I hope they make a 5 movie because this series has surpassed itself every time and it left off with perfect jump off into the next one.

Send In The *Demon* Clowns

Author: ladymidath (ladymidath@gmail.com) from Australia
26 June 2013

I have watched all the Killjoy movies mostly because I have to admit I have a fondness for Charles Band films, my favourite being the Puppet Master Series.

I decided to watch Killjoy but luckily I started with the third film, Killjoy 3 as it took me awhile to find the first two. I am glad I did as I really did not like the first movie that much and I might not have watched the rest.

I liked it so I decided to watch Killjoy Goes To Hell as well. I was so glad I did. I have to say, it's the funniest of the entire series. I found the first movie a little slow and I have to say in all honesty, Angel Vargas was not really great in the role of the Demon Clown. Trent Haaga was so much better in the role. I thought he brought real energy to it as well as humour.

Killjoy Goes To Hell is the last and the best of this series. Following on from the third film, Killjoy ends up in hell jail for not being evil enough, he ends up with an incompetent lawyer call Skidmark and a D.A (Devil's Advocate) who is out to nail him.

After a disastrous session in court and one of the funniest moments in the movie, *Does anyone speak carny? Does anyone speak mime or play charades really well?* Batty Boop goes to the Mortal Realm to get Sandie, the mortal that got away.

Sandie has been incarcerated in an institution for the insane since the events of the third film. She can't stop laughing and she is under suspicion for the murders of her boyfriend, her friends and the Professor. Batty finds her and pushes her through a mirror and into the courtroom so she can testify as too how evil Killjoy really is.

I have to say, the courtroom scenes were the funniest with real laugh out loud moments. The exchanges between Killjoy and Batty were funny and the Devil had a dry humour that was perfect for the role as the judge. No real splatter gore here, it was not that kind of movie. The only real bloody scenes were the chaotic fight at the end when the demon clowns raided the courtroom.

The scenes between the Old Hag and Freakshow were hilarious as well, the expressions on the poor mime's face at times were priceless.

All in all a brilliant B horror movie the way B horror movies should be, funny, creepy and filled with brilliant lines.

I do hope they make another Killjoy movie now that they finally hit their stride with this series.

Full Moon Rises

Author: dwarfplumbago from United States
15 May 2013

I saw this at Redbox and thought this would be like Killjoy 1-3. It definitely is a lot better. I am a fan of Killjoy 1-3 but this surpassed my expectations. It's simple, this is by far the best Killjoy out of the whole franchise. The story is there, the plot is there. I love it. It's funny because in this film, Killjoy is almost dehumanized, because he "had a heart." I love that they play off of this. It reminds me of Dexter almost. I love Trent Hagga's acting. Who else could pull of scary that well?! If horror was a genre at the Oscars, this would win best film! It's not only a horror it's actually a comedy as well! With characters like Batty Boop, Freakshow and Punchy, and Skid Mark, Full Moon has risen to the occasion.

Yay for Killjoy (and Batty Boop).

Author: Greenzombidog from United Kingdom
7 February 2013

Killjoy goes to hell follows almost directly on from the last Killjoy movie, With Killjoy being put on trial for not being evil enough and letting his last victim escape. All the new Clown characters from the last movie make a return and each gets a little more fleshed out. So we get to see more of Punchy, Freakshow and my favourite Batty Boop. While Killjoy stands trial it's a race against time for his gang to pull together a scheme to help rescue him.

If you enjoyed Killjoy 3 you're going to like this one because in my opinion it's even better. The humour this time round is much better implemented. The production value is leaps and bounds ahead of most full moon productions nowadays, with make up and prosthetic effects looking great. There is a little bit of dodgy looking cg but nothing that ruined my enjoyment of the film.

The final battle is pure chaos and although it only lasts a couple of minutes it's worth watching the film for this scene alone.

I just hope there will be more Killjoy (and Batty Boop) after this one as the series is getting stronger with each instalment.

Delightfully Full Moon

Author: Loki Laufeyson
16 October 2012

This movie reminded me a lot of the glory days of Full Moon. First off, it's obvious that they had more of a budget. It's a full length, dare I say, quality production. There are actual special effects that make you smile instead of cringe. The practical make-up is very well done. The script/plot is coherent and often (R-rated) funny. (Trent Haaga especially has some damn fine comedic timing)It's all silly fun ala Beetlejuice but it IS fun. As in part 3, if you're looking for a bloody slasher horror movie you won't find much of it here. This is a fantasy horror piece that takes you to the bowels of Hell (in an elevator)and gives you some funny insight into Killjoy and his "posse". I was, however, glad to see that they all retained their threat level despite events. These clowns would still serve you for dinner in a hot minute! Can't wait to see Killjoy's Psycho Circus!

Immensely cheesy and funny effort

Author: GL84 from Los Angeles, Ca
10 September 2016

Finding himself trapped in hell, the demonic clown reveals his true intentions to a courtroom as he tries to convince them of his demonic ways and finally finds the answer he's looking for in his escaped previous victim by luring her down to testify for him.

This here is yet another incredibly fun and enjoyably cheesy entry in the series. What makes this one so much fun is the film's utterly gonzo and bonkers storyline featured here, which is quite unique and creative. The film makes a lot of great points about the concept of him being brought to trial and convicted like a criminal in a court of Hell for his actions in the previous films for being too good for a demonic being, and this has so much to actually like. The demented manner of how this comes about here is merely the start of the fun for this one, as the idea of him not being demonic enough is a rather cheesy and glorious concept in it's own right yet allows for some rather good stuff to come from this one featuring the idea of him being stuck in the cell with his lawyer and conjuring up the other clowns for the trial, the constant scenes of him being tormented over the ineffectual staff and then based around the utterly screwball court-room scenes themselves where the deranged nature of what's going on and the different manners in which they try to get to the truth of the matter about him that retains a watchability through it's demented sense of humor as well as the rather off-kilter action taken not only against him but the concept of it all. The way it runs with this whacked out concept is where it's cheesiness really thrives and manages to get a lot of really enjoyable material from as it really goes all-out in presenting this utterly twisted scenario. As well, once it leaves the trial and focuses on the clowns out in the real world where they manage to go around taking out the detectives and guards at the mental facility which has some rather enjoyable and entertaining stalking scenes that are quite fun and get some more bloody times out of this one. While these here are what make it fun, there's a few issues here that do manage to hold it down somewhat. The film's biggest issue is the overall cheesiness and goofiness present, which is completely overwhelming here and doesn't really offer up much else beyond the cartoonish vibe and nature present from the beginning, and it's not necessarily a worthwhile feature here for someone just coming into the series. The fans are used to it, but the sheer wackiness on display might be a bit much here for some. This also leads into the other main problem here in that it being a trial and courtroom-based for so long it doesn't have anything in the way of kills or such for a vast majority of the time here and it's something to get over for those looking to get into this one. Otherwise it's got a lot to really like here.

Rated Unrated/R: Graphic Language, Graphic Violence and Nudity.

Outstanding full moon effort

Author: Freebirda from United States
10 February 2014

A fan of the killjoy series, I was incredibly impressed with this fourth installment in the series. It had almost A list acting, compared to most full moon movies, and the special effects were more impressive than in previous installments. Killjoy is as evil and hilarious as ever, and they give him just a tad bit of humanity in this, which was something lacking in the other movies. That doesn't mean it tones down on the mayhem tho. The only real complaint that I have, is that somehow everybody believes in killjoy. But the beginning nicely ties all the previous movies to this. Killjoy also has a whole new entertaining posse to join in in his carnage. All in all an excellent movie and a good way to kill a little over an hour and a half.

Very inspired and enjoyable fourth entry in the series

12 August 2013

Diabolical demon clown Killjoy (marvelously played with lip-smacking zeal by Trent Haaga) gets put on trial in hell because of his failure to claim his last victim's soul. Killjoy enlists the assistance of his fellow wicked harlequin minions Batty Boop (the delectable Victoria De Mare, who camps and vamps it up with saucy'n'sizzling aplomb), Punchy (hulking Al Burke), and Freakshow (a nicely expressive pantomime portrayal by Tai Chan Ngo) to get him out of this predicament. Writer/director John Lechago relates the delightfully off the wall story at a snappy pace, milks the loopy courtroom drama premise for a wealth of amusing and imaginative quirky humor (the heated arguments between Killjoy and Batty Boop are hilarious!), pulls out all the wacky stops for the wild and gory climactic clown fight, and even tosses in a few neat twists along the way. Moreover, Lechago warrants extra praise for ensuring that this sequel is a logical continuation of rather than a tired rehash of the previous outing. The zesty acting by the enthusiastic cast keeps the film buzzing: John Karyus smarms it up uproariously as eager and obsequious aspiring demon clown Skid Mark, Stephen Cardwell impresses as a supremely smooth and shrewd Beezlebub, the gorgeous Aqueela Zoll provides a hefty dose of sexy spark as Killjoy's cunning and relentless nemesis Jezabeth, Jessica Whitaker contributes a solid and sympathetic turn as unhinged heroine Sandy, and Lisa Goodman has a ball as the grotesque Old Hag. Terrance Ryker's glossy cinematography, the funky special effects, and Michael Sean Colin's jaunty score are all up to speed. A whole lot of kooky fun.

AKA Killer Clown, rubbish under any title!

Author: Stevieboy666 from Hereford, England
12 August 2017

The first 2 Killjoy movies were obviously very low budget & aimed at a black audience. They were also both awful. I've not had the (mis?)pleasure of watching part 3 so it was straight on to this, the fourth installment in the series & released here in the UK as the somewhat deceivingly title "Killer Clown" on the normally reliable 88 Films label. Bigger budget, bigger cast of characters & some fairly good special effects but still a stinker. Towards the end one of the them says "I've had enough!" - so had I! I just found this tiring & generally unfunny, 1/10 may be a bit harsh but that's my score to counter those who have awarded high marks.