IMDb > "The Walking Dead" Killer Within (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Walking Dead: Killer Within (#3.4)"

"The Walking Dead" Killer Within (2012)

« Prev | 23 of 67 Episodes | Next »

Coming of Age in the Cruelest and Saddest Way

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6 November 2012

Someone is opening the prison gates and attracting walkers inside. Rick and his group prepare a crutch for Hershel while the two inmates try to negotiate with Rick, Daryl and T-Dog to join their group, but Rick does not accept the offer and they decide to leave the facilities. When Rick, Daryl, and Glenn are outside the prison to burn corpses and clean the place, the rest of the group is attacked by a crowd of walkers and Maggie, Carl and Lori split and head to the interior of the C-Block, while T-Dog is bitten by a walker.

Meanwhile Michonne sees the holes of bullets in the National Guard vehicles and she decides to leave the place with Andrea. However, the blonde is reluctant to leave Woodbury, since she believes that the governor is a good man.

Back to prison, Lori can not run anymore and Maggie and Carl locks with her in the boiler room. Now is time to the delivery and Lori needs a cesarean, but Maggie does not have skill or medical supplies. A decision has to be made: if Lori has the baby, she dies and will certainly turns into a walker, unless someone helps her.

"Killer Within" is so far the best episode of this excellent Third season and sadder than "Pretty Much Dead Already", when the fans learn that Sophie had turned into a walker and was locked in Hershel's barn. Carl's coming of age is in the cruelest (and saddest) way and will be certainly affected by his necessary action.

The renewal (Governor, Michonne, the baby, the two inmates) and the return (Merle, Andrea) of characters, locations and situations are refreshing but the losses are emotional and sad farewells. My vote is ten.

Title (Brazil): "Killer Within"

My favorite episode in all of Walking Dead.

Author: g-bella-546-482304 from United States
4 December 2012

Rick and the crew are barricading the prisons fences with cars. Then it cuts Laurie and Herschels daughter help the now one legged Herschel walk outside in the prison yard. You finally see Rick and Laurie share a smile. Of course, in Walking Dead you can't have happy moments. So, the next instance, Walkers start to come into the prison and the Prison Alarms start to blare attracting all the nearby walkers. Chaos breaks lose.

Meanwhile in the town of Woodbury, Michonne doesn't feel right about the governor. Andrea on the other hand, has fallen under the Governers charming persona.

SPOILERS! with the prison under chaos by walkers, Carl, Maggie and Laurie run and hind in the prison boiler room. There, Laurie goes into labor. But when she isn't able to deliver the baby the normal way,So they have to preform an emergency c-section. Which she wont survive. She does die.

The last major thing I want to say is that all the acting in this perfect. The whole cast is at top game.

So a surprisingly spectacular episode for only the fourth of the season. 10 out of 10.

An emotional and heart-pounding episode of AMC's hit drama

Author: tbmforclasstsar from United States
5 November 2012

We knew there was going to be death. We knew going into this season that we were going to see more violence, gore, and sorrow. We knew we would lose members of the group. But damn…did you think four episodes into season three of The Walking Dead would be the last time we saw our female lead?

Episode four, titled Killer Within, was possibly the most emotional episode in The Walking Dead's history. A son stands over his pregnant mother as she cries and says her goodbye to him. A husband cries on the ground as he is introduced to his new child with the mother noticeably absent. A new life is born as another is taken from this chaotic and terrifying world. And not just one life, but at least two.

That's right, before getting into recap, someone should give the goodbye salute to T-Dog, who can't even has his death be the main storyline of an episode. So long T-Dog. We never really got to know you and the group never respected you as much as it should have. And with that aside, goodbye Lori, a mother who sacrificed her own life for what is right in a world that is so wrong.

Killer Within begins with a series of shots of someone drawing walkers into the main gate of the prison. Someone has been watching our group, and this person is making the moves to have the prison overrun. Inside the prison, Rick and the crew make more plans to make the place their home, but they are once again confronted with the two prisoners that live in the other cell block. They wish not to live there anymore and Rick must decide their fate. He chooses to not let them in the group and goes about getting firewood from outside the gate for the group.

Things start looking up as Herschel finally gets out of bed and takes a walk around the prison to the courtyard. The sight of Herschel brightens the spirit of everyone in the group (even Rick gives Lori a smile), but the excitement is short-lived as a horde of zombies comes storming into the courtyard. The fight against them begins and the group is split up into different parts of the prison. T-Dog is bit and tries to keep moving to get Carol to safety, Hershel and Beth lock themselves into a walkway cage, Rick, Glenn, Daryl and the two prisoners make their way back into the courtyard to take out the horde, and Lori, Maggie, and Carl move to an underground boiler room where Lori is going into labor.

To read the rest of the review (IMDb form too short) visit: http://custodianfilmcritic.com/the- walking-dead-3-4-killer-within/

Back to Form

Author: dj_wang from Canada
3 March 2013

The previous episode was the poorest one in the series so far for me, but this episode was a fine return to form.

I know an episode is well done when it brings me to tears.

In Japanese Anime, the early coming of age of children is a regular theme. It's rare to see in Western media, but Carl, despite the fact he is ostensibly a child, demonstrates that all human beings have the capacity to rise up to any circumstance when they have something they love and need to protect.

Lori delivers the message of the episode when she tells Carl that he needs to do "the right thing", to do "what feels right", a lesson Rick forgot in a previous episode, and brought about the calamity which befell them all.

The easy way may is easy, but, it is never the right way. Shane never learned that lesson and his demons consumed him. It seems that Rick is primed to relearn that lesson in the cruel ways available in the world gone mad.

The Killer Within (Spoiler Alert)

Author: james_zombie123
7 November 2012

Not only is this one of the best Walking Dead episodes, it's one of the best episodes of any television show out there. It starts off with a mysterious man in a prison uniform laying a dead deer out and breaking the prison gates. It cuts back to Carol, Rick, Daryl, T-Dog, Glenn, and Maggie moving cars. Lori and Beth get crutches for Hershel and help him walk out into the prison yard. There's a nice moment of quietness and joy that is all ruined when walkers pour through the gate. Hershel and Beth get in a gate and Maggie leads Lori and Carl into C Block, ending up in a boiler room. T-Dog is bit and sacrifices himself to save Carol. Lori goes into labor and has an intense moment with Carl before Maggie does an emergency C-Section on Lori, killing her, to save the baby. Maggie and Carl walk out into the prison yard and when Rick notices Lori's not with them he starts bawling and screaming. This episode's excitement and intensity blows me away. The acting by Chandler Riggs, Lauren Cohan, and Sarah Wayne Callies is some of the best I've ever seen and the plot is magnificent. 10/10

Back On Form

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
30 October 2014

Plot In A Paragraph: Michonne tries to convince Andrea to leave Woodbury, someone is trying to lure walkers in to the Prison, whilst Lori goes in to labour.

After a complete absence of Rick, Daryl and co from the last episode, we are back at the prison, where a mysterious figure is trying to put the group in danger, and a member of the group is bit. Andrea and Merle do a bit of bonding at Woodbury. I'm really glad Michael Rooker is back as Merle, as I thought his character had great potential in the first season just to disappear early on.

All of the cast do a good job, but Andrew Lincoln is superb in this episode.

As for Sarah Wayne Callies, I have criticised her heavily throughout the show, I normally say she has had a good episode if she does not annoy me as much, but in this episode she was actually quite good.

Heart-Wrenching Episode!

Author: g-bodyl from United States
20 September 2014

This is the fourth episode of the third season of the Walking Dead and this episode was so unexpected, as it has not one, but two character deaths which surprised me because we are so early in the season. That being said, I practically cried my eyes out and I never cry watching TV or movies. It was a painful episode to watch, but the episode was well-done. There is lot of action, lots of grief, and the acting is fantastic. The final confrontation between Lori and Carl gave me the chills.

In this episode, "Killer Within," Michonne wants to leave Woodbury, but Andrea is not too sure. Back at the prison, Herschel is learning how to walk on crutches. But a major walker attack happens which separates the group. Rick, Darryl, and Glen are trying to suppress the walkers as Carol and T-Dog get caught up in their own walker battle. Lori starts to break water, so it's up to Maggie and Carl to save the baby before it's too late.

Overall, this is one emotional roller-coaster of an episode. It's well-done and features fantastic acting. I am very sad at the deaths of Lori and T-Dog, whom both died a hero's death. Finally, Rick's reaction to the passing of his wife really broke my heart. An old life has been lost, but a new life has been born. I rate this episode 10/10.

It was a strong emotional episode

Author: Emad Awad from Egypt
6 November 2012

I think that this episode, with the episode in which Dale Horvath died in the second season, and the first episode of the first season were the best ever, whatever in The Walking Dead, or in the dramas I watched previously.

But it was so hard on me personally to see Lori dies, although I didn't like her since the first season due to the illegal relationship between her and Shane!

This series is not a traditional horror movie. I believe that the aim of this series is beyond horror or drama. Each episode of it shared in changing my mind and generally my life. Thoughts of the writer(s) and implementation of the Direction mostly succeeded.

I believe that I won't follow another after the ending of this series.

Thanks to all Stars.. I love you all. ::Heart::

A good episode!

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
5 November 2012

A good episode! I will not ruin the Killer Within episode with too many details of what happened, but I will give a plot over view. The Walking Dead keeps the series momentum moving forward with storyline changes and character changes. After season two the series was getting old with the same story lines and tired characters. The Killer Within introduces some new characters into the group, and kills off some old ones. One knows the Governor's character and I believe the Rick character story line will clash together for a dramatic series. Well directed and acted. Killer Within is a bridge episode which will drive the series themes of trust and survival. I give Killer Within a nine out of ten.

Best episode ever!!!

Author: Daniel Adrian from Germany
4 June 2013

In a episode before one of the bad prisoners escaped, but you think he's been killed by a herd of walkers. But you didn't really see it. Now in this episode there's a person that apparently is angry with the group and cuts open a fence. And so a herd of walkers enter the prison and without Rick, Daryl and Glenn there the group cant really defend themselves. So they try to hide. But to make matters worse Lori seems to get her baby...

This is definitely the best episode. I still keep wondering how the story writers could have made such a thrilling scenario. Its thrilling, full of suspense, dramatic, sad, etc...